• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Importing damaged Leaf car for parts

chamila prsanna

Hello,

i am willing to obtain a damaged leaf car from Japanies auction to get some spare parts and the battery to fit my excising leaf car. few damaged vehicles found in the auctions but i dont have any idea about importing the same to SL. I Appreciate if you guys can guild me on this, specially on the declaration and the clearing though the customs. Thanks.  

2 hours ago, chamila prsanna said:

Hello,

i am willing to obtain a damaged leaf car from Japanies auction to get some spare parts and the battery to fit my excising leaf car. few damaged vehicles found in the auctions but i dont have any idea about importing the same to SL. I Appreciate if you guys can guild me on this, specially on the declaration and the clearing though the customs. Thanks.  

You are not allowed to bring down the frame of a car...which means...you cannot bring down the entire car as it is. Which means; after you purchase your scrapped car from auction, you will need to get someone based in Japan to remove all the parts off of the frame. Then, ship you all the entire car in parts, minus the frame. Also, some pats such as tires and seats require permits before hand which can be a pain to get.

In the past they had permits where you can show that your car needs restoration and get a permit to bring down a parts car with certain conditions in a certain manner. I believe that has now been cancelled.

It might be easier for you to get a parts importer to get you a scrapped car. You might have better luck with pricing and getting the exact car you want as a donor car if you go to independant supplier/car restorer (who bring down conversion kits for Chasers and Mark IIs and Glorias and Starlets and also do restorations on cars like Capis) rather than going to the typical "body parts" suppliers. You can find these people if you go around the typical FB car groups.

• Like 2