• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Second Time's the Barge! - Camry XV30

MaleCortana

On 2/26/2022 at 11:20 PM, Hyaenidae said:

Are you going to import them from Japan?

Not sure if importing is smart especially with the inflation, I don't think I have the OEM flaps, so I might just find a decent alternative locally.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wanted to install a remote key because I only got one key without any remotes when I bought it from the previous owner. At first I went to Pet#o Lanka who were the people who told me not to install an aftermarket system because the car had an OEM Remote Key system inside of it. I tried to get it done by them but unfortunately they weren't able to find a matching key (more on this later).

Next I went to Key Lanka who was able to figure out the reason why none of the keys they had worked even though my car seemingly had a system. JDM Camry's come with a 315Hz frequency key. But this wasn't a JDM Camry, because it was meant for the Euro market (export variant) it actually works on a 400esq Hz frequency. Anyway programmed a key for it from them. 

Now the car has the features, Remote Lock, Remote Unlock and Remote Boot Unlock. (Last one was pretty surprising)

I know this isn't actually a period correct key but I carry keys inside my pocket so I liked the switchblade looking style. The period correct key would be the one that had the tiny buttons on it without a case.

ezgif-3-83282ce3cd.gif

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 9:17 AM, iRage said:

Did you check if there was oil on the top of the spark plugs ? those o-rings need to be replaced too usually around the same time the valve cover packing starts to go.

Hello iRage, it's been a while, hope you're doing well. I did take a look at the spark plugs and there weren't any things in particular that raised an alarm but I'll double check just in case, thanks for headsup I appreciate it.

Looks like my Disks have deformed a bit, perhaps the heat from brakes + rain has that affected so I shall go to get it surfaced, I shall look at it then! Cheers!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Did a Gearbox Rebuild at Nilwala Motors, basically new O-Rings and the whole shebangs, Gearbox wasnt super keen on going into Drive during Cold Mornings, internal gearbox fluid pressure dropping because the seals are toast. Works fine once you warm it up and the seals expand a bit.

Regardless there goes 75k, saw a nice GX110 Mark 2 and a Toyota Crown for the same rebuild. 

Merry Christmas I guess?

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-13 at 12.08.08.jpg

• 3 months later...

Appo owa thel bausar. Sapety wadak na malli apita. Api sinhala yakku api marenne pirimi wage. Apita one secand markat ekah. Oka deela bassamu piyus ekak.

( Based on way too many true incident's. )

My favorite was - grace ekak tharan wath penumak nane malli oyage wandiya. Aparade owata ohma salli puchanne. Kaali balanne hybeed diha dan malli 🙏🏼

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, fiat fan said:

Appo owa thel bausar. Sapety wadak na malli apita. Api sinhala yakku api marenne pirimi wage. Apita one secand markat ekah. Oka deela bassamu piyus ekak.

My favorite was - grace ekak tharan wath penumak nane malli oyage wandiya. Aparade owata ohma salli puchanne. Kaali balanne hybeed diha dan malli 🙏🏼

hahahahahha this is too true. These are the yardsticks of automotive success as defined by the average Ajantha from Alubomulla. 

"Primiyo ekak tharam sepa naha ne"

"akuwa eka tharam thel karanne nah ne"

"wagan R eka tharam headlight wala eliya nahane" 

@MaleCortana - Sorry for polluting your thread :D But I just could not resist.  

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, matroska said:

hahahahahha this is too true. These are the yardsticks of automotive success as defined by the average Ajantha from Alubomulla. 

Sadly some owners/fans of the 10th gen civic gen tries to be like the EG/EK boys from the past. Cringy af.

“Api yakku bolaw. Benz nan monawada ape civic 200 yanawa”

“type r body kit gahapu civic thama heene”

“audi mnwda bro civic ekka”

They race them,crash it hard. Fixer upper and sell at crazy prices by overhyping. 

Thats why I always avoid mainstream models.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fiat fan said:

Sadly some owners/fans of the 10th gen civic gen tries to be like the EG/EK boys from the past. Cringy af.

“Api yakku bolaw. Benz nan monawada ape civic 200 yanawa”

“type r body kit gahapu civic thama heene”

“audi mnwda bro civic ekka”

They race them,crash it hard. Fixer upper and sell at crazy prices by overhyping. 

Thats why I always avoid mainstream models.

Talk about it. 

Posts like these with words of wisdom for the mentally challenged have pushed me to the brink of selling mine. 

image.png.8f28bfabad33da95a63d259f19ee0311.png

Edited by matroska
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, matroska said:

Talk about it. 

Posts like these with words of wisdom for the mentally challenged have pushed me to the brink of selling mine. 

Thada kora. Maxxa athal bro.

Drop-shipping kara nan masen bassanne. “Are u also in ontapener club sl buki page”

In all seriousness though, I’m seeing a lot of mentally challenged young buggers recently. Sad how that turned out.

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/21/2023 at 8:11 AM, fiat fan said:

I've had the odd "meka Premio eka tharang comport uth na, Allion tharang addanneth na"

(To which I laugh since I have a friend with a 2017ish Premio who I soundly started pulling away and wasn't even in the same postal code from 120-190)

On 3/21/2023 at 9:25 AM, matroska said:

It's fine, been a while since it has had some activity anyway :D

On 3/21/2023 at 11:58 AM, matroska said:

Talk about it. 

This quote unironically slaps, might get Chamara Bus Sticker to make it and slap on the back, next to my Instagram Handle and Blood Type, I was thinking there was space near my Canibeat Sticker or do you think it would go nice against my Sinha-Le sticker?

On 3/21/2023 at 7:02 PM, fiat fan said:

Thada kora. Maxxa athal bro.

Drop-shipping kara nan masen bassanne. “Are u also in ontapener club sl buki page”

In all seriousness though, I’m seeing a lot of mentally challenged young buggers recently. Sad how that turned out.

Hey hey don't generalize, some of us out trying to make an honest wage while working in Software (some people think working in IT/SE = Dropshipping/ Selling Karapincha on the Internet -_- )

On 4/14/2023 at 12:09 PM, MaleCortana said:

This quote unironically slaps, might get Chamara Bus Sticker to make it and slap on the back, next to my Instagram Handle and Blood Type, I was thinking there was space near my Canibeat Sticker or do you think it would go nice against my Sinha-Le sticker?

Hahaha Chamara bus sticker - i had forgotten that name :D 

RE : the sinha-le sticker that aged poorly not at all seen nowadays. 

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

Took the Camry out on the highway finally (If I go down south I usually go with friends in their vehicles) after 3 years of ownership. Pumped full tank on both ends of the highway to check consumption at different speeds. As follows; with average speeds and rpm.

16kmpl - 90 - 110kmph - 1900RPM
13kmpl - 120-140kmph - 2300RPM

This rounds up my real world testing of the Camry's fuel consumption for a 2AZFE (2.4)

Extra Urban Spirited Driving - 6kmpl - (Giving it the full beans in the dead hours of the nights)
Extra Urban Driving - 7.5kmpl - Inner Colombo Driving
Urban Driving - 8.5kmpl - Colombo-Battaramulla-Malabe (low traffic, if traffic see the Extra Urban figures)
Highway Average - 14kmpl

19 hours ago, MaleCortana said:

This rounds up my real world testing of the Camry's fuel consumption for a 2AZFE (2.4)

Extra Urban Spirited Driving - 6kmpl - (Giving it the full beans in the dead hours of the nights)
Extra Urban Driving - 7.5kmpl - Inner Colombo Driving
Urban Driving - 8.5kmpl - Colombo-Battaramulla-Malabe (low traffic, if traffic see the Extra Urban figures)
Highway Average - 14kmpl

Interesting...that is about the same as our ACA31 RAV4 with the same engine. Not surprising as they both way about the same..the RAV4 being about 40kg higher on account of the AWD system.

8 hours ago, iRage said:

Interesting...that is about the same as our ACA31 RAV4 with the same engine. Not surprising as they both way about the same..the RAV4 being about 40kg higher on account of the AWD system.

Quite possibly!, I also definitely have a slightly heavier foot which might account for the extra 40 kilos :P