• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Tint For Sri Lankan Heat

Zinger

Hi @Devinda_Z!

How's your experience with both IrisPro and NDFOS with respect to night time driving? Is there any glaring issues? Personally, my car is a low rider so the headlights (especially since most are coming on high beams nowadays) of on coming traffic is a big concern for me.

2 minutes ago, Dee Jay said:

Hi @Devinda_Z!

How's your experience with both IrisPro and NDFOS with respect to night time driving? Is there any glaring issues? Personally, my car is a low rider so the headlights (especially since most are coming on high beams nowadays) of on coming traffic is a big concern for me.

The NDFOS was on Santa Fe and I didn't drive it much at night so I can't recall any issues

The IrisPro was absolutely fine at night but you notice that blue hue during the day

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Devinda_Z said:

The NDFOS was on Santa Fe and I didn't drive it much at night so I can't recall any issues

The IrisPro was absolutely fine at night but you notice that blue hue during the day

Guess IrisPro would be a safer option then.. Thanks a lot :) 

31 minutes ago, Twin Turbo said:

Apart nfrom visibility, there will be legal impplications with front w/s tint

There shouldn't be really because they only cut 20-30% visible light transmission at the most.

It's not that noticeable 

• 6 months later...
On 3/7/2021 at 9:53 PM, Zinger said:

Hi,

After seeing this review I visited the Washing machine pannipitiya and got it done to my car as well. I can also say the same thing. They did a superb job and heat rejection rate is acceptable. They charged me 50k for windscreen and front shutters.

Thanks for your review.

Hey guys! Quick update.

So I decided to go with the IrisPro IPE70

It seemed to make the most sense to me, considering it had everything I was looking for i.e 72% visible light, an infrared rejection of 92% & a total Solar Energy Rejection of 56%

Got it done at "The Washing Machine" in Pannipitiya

I have to say, stellar job! 

This tint is so fab, it feels like an invisible armor on your car. Here's what I found: 

Pros

1. Color - The tint lights up in a beautiful blue/green hue when exposed to sunlight. The exterior color is transparent as far as anyone's concerned.    

2. Heat - The tint manages to keep the car relatively cool, even when parked out in the hot sun. Performs really well when driving with minimum glare. 

3. Fuel Economy & A/C - I did experience better fuel economy and higher A/C performance after the tints were installed. 

4. Visibility - I'm very satisfied with the visible light performance of the tint. Hardly noticed a difference before/after installing tints.   

5. Service - The service was outstanding! The agent rep for Irispro (Tony) visited the station in person to give me a 15 min demonstration on how the tint works. We communicated back and forth via fb & phone. He was very accommodating with my requests.  

6. Price - The agent also managed to land me a great deal for the front windscreen (Rs. 13,500) and the roll down shutters (Rs. 8,500), and mind you, I've got a massive windscreen/shutter in my 97 Vitara. I'd say its definitely a competitive price, considering how a NDFOS Windscreen could cost about 15k, and 3M could be as high as 16k or more. 

7. Warranty - The tints come with a 10 year warranty afaik

Cons

1. Installation Time - Hardly something I should complain about. But still, here it is. The tint installation took about 3 hours in total for both the windscreen and the front shutters. They had to remove a lot of debris as well. Still though, hoping it would've been quicker. 

I'd definitely recommend IrisPro to anyone who's interested in installing a legal, reliable, well-performing and an affordable tint for their cars. 

Reach out to Tony at Irispro, he'll help you to secure a good deal. 

IrisPro-Auto-and-building-Film-specification-rev.xlsx-Auto-Film-01-768x773.png