• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

BMW 320D e46

Madu K

Question

Hi

Im planning to buy a car around 4M. had a Honda Accord for last 2 yeas and sold it out recently. Now like to try a European car and found that 320D e46 Manual is within my budget too.

1. Is it a good idea to go for this car? 

2. My friend said its good for light use but not for outstation since possibly it will give trouble in long runs and such (He owns a 520) so my usage is daily colombo around 20 km  and once or twice a month kandy and obviously once in a few months outstation for a trip. so will this car suit for my purpose?

3. What should I expect as repairs buying a 20 yr old BMW?

4. If this is not the correct choice any suggestions jap or Kore also ok if its a good pick??

I checked 320D threads and gathered lots of information but asking again since those are bit old and now its 2021 couldn't find anything new

Thanks

Edited by Madu K

3 answers to this question

Hi there.

great news. that is. if you know what you're up against.  

European style and flair never had Jap reliability,

at this age. every thing going wrong would have done so at least once.

have a good bm trained guy or the dealer inspect your prospective purchase before .

Good luck !

TT.

• Like 1