• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Axio EV Mode Stops Working

dilanka isuru jayalath

Hi,

I own a Toyota Axio WXB 2017 car.
Recently I have noticed that time to time EV mode stops working.

When this happens RPM meter always show value around 1000-2000, even when the accelerator is released & speed is less than 50 kmph.

Also when I accelerate the car & release the accelerator, the RPM value suddenly increase to 2500-3000 & come back to 1000 value.

What could be the issue?

"EV mode stops working" - EV mode comes when the car is going slowly less than 50 kilometers an on flat FLAT lands etc. there are many parameters for this.

when the engine power is needed it comes on, yes when the engines comes on the RPM increases to 3000. because the engines needs to charge the Hybrid battery and the engine. This is the way most of hybrid run. 

How long did you have the car ?

• 1 year later...
On 3/31/2021 at 4:36 PM, dilanka isuru jayalath said:

Hi,

I own a Toyota Axio WXB 2017 car.
Recently I have noticed that time to time EV mode stops working.

When this happens RPM meter always show value around 1000-2000, even when the accelerator is released & speed is less than 50 kmph.

Also when I accelerate the car & release the accelerator, the RPM value suddenly increase to 2500-3000 & come back to 1000 value.

What could be the issue?

I have the same problem with my Toyota Fielder 

4 hours ago, isuru1978 said:

I have the same problem with my Toyota Fielder 

Get your hybrid battery inspected, most probably the hybrid battery has deteriorated. Do you get any indications in the dashboard and any visible error messages?

What's the YOM of the car and the mileage?