• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Starting a car flipping business...

Hashif Riyas

On 5/14/2021 at 6:46 PM, Hashif Riyas said:

My potential cost breakdown on a mechanically stable Common Bluebird would be 

* Project Eu14 1999/2000 Car assuming the market price is 2 Million and, Lowballing to 1.6 Million

* 40K for the coat of paint 

* 40K SSS Exterior Parts*

* 40K Complimenting Alloy Wheels

* 30K Average Mechanical issues ( If any ) 

* 10K Interior Wear&Tear Fixes 

*  A day and 5k for a DIY interior/exterior clean 

* Miscellaneous Expenses 35k

1.6 Million + 200K 😑

Rs. 1.8 Million Costing Car

ay no - I think this is gonna cost a lot more than that. 

In todays market lowballing will not get you a 2M car for 1.6.  If you do actually lowball you get a car with some work to do - and this work will not amount to the prices you mentioned it will be more. 

Paint for 40K will not happen - and will depend on the paint. Those metallic shades will cost more. The basic white (040 code for Toyota) on 80's cars are cheap - but that will not work on your bluebirds. 

Interior wear and tear will cost more - 90's car interiors are not as simple as classic interiors or even the simple interiors from the 80's. 

There will invariably be a lot of little things to be sorted on 20-25 year old cars - such as boot lids not properly closing, one single power shutter getting stuck half-way, malfunctioning wiper motors, broken AC switches,  a single power mirror not working and so on - these are small issues but combined they take a fair amount of time and money. 90's/2000's cars are mechanically bullet proof but cosmetics and interiors tend to wear out on any car. 

I say buy a car you like - one that really gives you the fuzzy feeling inside. Do a proper job to restore it and enjoy it. Once you get bored maybe sell it - go for something different but now you already know the costs of restoring so you know better if you lost money on the first car at least you learnt something. Good luck I'm a little biased towards 90s Nissans so I'm kinda waiting to see where this is heading :D 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, matroska said:

90's car interiors are not as simple as classic interiors or even the simple interiors from the 80's. 

Funny you should mention this...90s interiors are actually more complicated than even modern interiors...removing them is a complete pain with a million and one clips and screws (comapred to just tight clips on modern ones) and on top of that the door panels, etc..have rather interesting contours in mix materials.

After seeing the ridiculous price hike nowadays, I don't think flipping as a business is almost not possible as @iRage said in this thread 😑. Yeah, A more common vehicle could possibly do, but surely not with bluebirds...

For my driving pleasure thing, I'll have to probably pay the price , I inquired an Original Bluebird SSS exactly with the color I wanted and a fancier number and he's demanding 2.2 Million. 

On 5/15/2021 at 9:37 PM, iRage said:

Funny you should mention this...90s interiors are actually more complicated than even modern interiors...removing them is a complete pain with a million and one clips and screws (comapred to just tight clips on modern ones) and on top of that the door panels, etc..have rather interesting contours in mix materials.

yeah the 90's interiors are a b*** when it gets messed up. Also due to the excessive use of fabric(again opposed to something from the 80s')  they tend to smell like a dog - specially if left at the mechanics  for a few weeks and neglected. 

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...