• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota AE100 Sprinter (1995) from Fiji - Maintenance and Troubleshooting Help

Mikash Chand

Question

2 answers to this question

15 hours ago, Mikash Chand said:

Please advise the best engine oil for 5a engine, mileage is 239k, in fiji. 

You would probably want to use a heavy oil. At 239K the engine internals are worn out so the heavy oil helps create a bit of internal resistance. The only exception would be that your engine had a VERY VERY good overhaul and it was done to factory spec precision (which is highly unlikely for a normal car like an AE100).

I would not think you need to go with synthetic oil but a good mineral oil would be fine...but that also depends on how economical it is and how you use the car (synthetics handle long periods of high temp absorbption and long periods of non-use a bit better than mineral oils).

As for the speedometer...it could be that your vehicle speed sensor has gone bad. I beleive it is a common problem as well and an easy fix...so hopefully that is the case with your's too. In Japan the part brand new runs at about 16,000yen but I am sure in other countries you might be able to find a used one for cheaper (although not recommended but might be more economical ifyou inted to use the car only for a short while longer). Short of the vehicle sensor going bad it could be something wrong with the electrical connections themselves and finally the speed meter cluster itself. But the most common is the sensor followed by the cluster.

I have merged both your threads together so that it is easier for you and anyone else to find answers and the other members to reply.

Edited by iRage