• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Land Rover Owners Club- Family Fun Drive (photos Updated) !!!

MADZ

Exceptional quality pics, all credit to the photographer, very artistic,

I wonder how these land rovers performed in the wet though, though they have a rugged reputation i know the realiability of land rovers has not quite been on par with lets say Toyota's

The Don

Exceptional quality pics, all credit to the photographer, very artistic,

I wonder how these land rovers performed in the wet though, though they have a rugged reputation i know the realiability of land rovers has not quite been on par with lets say Toyota's

The Don

Well Don, I went with them as a crew member. Yes the newer ones performed really well on the mud as well as in the V groves. The off road section of the Fun drive was held in the Habarana 4X4 challenge extreme stage.

There were no problems with the vehicles as all went well and arrived back without any drama.

nice pics.. i see there was a range rover as well.. how did that do

Isn't that a range rover sport? Did you guys see that top gear episode with JC driving the sport around trying to avoid getting shot at by a armoured tank?? It seemed like a surprisingly decent off-roader there..but I'd be curious to know how well it would do in wetter, muddier, and deeper situations though..

..or were you referring to the older one in the pics? The thing doesn't really have a reputation for being a very good offroader, and I think its a little ugly..but theres something very very appealing about it.

Edited by ucscsades

Isn't that a range rover sport? Did you guys see that top gear episode with JC driving the sport around trying to avoid getting shot at by a armoured tank?? It seemed like a surprisingly decent off-roader there..but I'd be curious to know how well it would do in wetter, muddier, and deeper situations though..

..or were you referring to the older one in the pics? The thing doesn't really have a reputation for being a very good offroader, and I think its a little ugly..but theres something very very appealing about it.

sorry for late reply cos this week was quite a hectic week.

Yes the one & only Range Sport took part in the drive. But sad to say he missed the off road mud section cos he was told to take an alternate route along with the Freelanders without crossing the bitch Aara amidst our guys saying to go.

I dont know why you regard the old classic not having a good offroader, Indika Sanjaya the winner of most of the local off road events uses one.

I dont know why you regard the old classic not having a good offroader, Indika Sanjaya the winner of most of the local off road events uses one.

Oops, sorry then! I didn't mean to say that I know for a fact that it's not a good offroader..just meant that it doesn't have a popular image as a good offroading machine. Guess that's one more great thing about that vehicle then, if it is.

Oops, sorry then! I didn't mean to say that I know for a fact that it's not a good offroader..just meant that it doesn't have a popular image as a good offroading machine. Guess that's one more great thing about that vehicle then, if it is.

The "Rangerover sport" aside - the Rangerover is one of the toughest luxury offroaders on earth!

The "Rangerover sport" aside - the Rangerover is one of the toughest luxury offroaders on earth!

In fact as far as I know many of these Range Rover Classics are been used on off road courses by Australians, they are supposed to be good performers.

One of my colleagues have a Range Rover Classic even in its old form it still is better than most of the current Japanese SUV's when it comes to luxury, off road part also it is far better than most of the newer ones.

machan you should go in one of those old range rovers to what they can do off the road.

for a 1970's vehicle(most of these are 1976 - 1979 ) it has diff lock , coil spring suspension, all 4 disc brakes.

comfortability is really impressive for a 25 - 28 yr old 4X4

Edited by MRM

aaaahhhhhhh.....nothing like the great outdoors!!!!!

Totally agree Duncan..........Love the Habarana area myself, and

it's home to some of the best off roading and awesome wildlife.

Cool pics of the event and the machines.

machan you should go in one of those old range rovers to what they can do off the road.

for a 1970's vehicle(most of these are 1976 - 1979 ) it has diff lock , coil spring suspension, all 4 disc brakes.

comfortability is really impressive for a 25 - 28 yr old 4X4

my best friend's dad owned two generations of the range rover and loved it... both were the same frame but the former was a mid 80's and the latter was a mid 90's...

those jeeps have taken us anywhere and everywhere without a fuss...

the only reason he didn't continue with tradition and instead switched to japanese off-roaders was the price of the newer range...

• 6 years later...

Hey guys,

Do you knw of an Ranger rover for sale?

Something like this?

"Originally converted by a foreigner using Range Rover diesel engine - VM diesel. 4 speed original gear box with centre differentia" which was in Rajagiriya

Hey guys,

Do you knw of an Ranger rover for sale?

Something like this?

"Originally converted by a foreigner using Range Rover diesel engine - VM diesel. 4 speed original gear box with centre differentia" which was in Rajagiriya

I recall seeing the Advert on ###### if i'm not mistaken... a red one yes?

Oddly enough despite there being more than a few Range Rover Classics in town, its very rarely that any of them come up for sale:(

If there was cash to burn, that would have been a nice project :)

• Like 1