Jump to content
  • Welcome to AutoLanka

    :action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

  • 0

Nissan Bluebird Sylphy G11


Sadeepa Dilhara
 Share

Question

Hi guys,
I'm looking for a bluebird sylphy g11 these days.( I know that this is not the time for buy a car. but I have to buy a car for an urgent reason.)
1. what are the common problems of the car( does it has gearbox problem (CVT or Traditional auto box))
2. comfort , handling, interior space, interior quality compare with [civic FD3 hybrid, Nissan tiida, axio 140, premio 260] 

Im shortlisted the g11 and fd3. what are your opinions about these 2 cars and any idea about above questions.

THANKS....


 

 
 
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

2. You are comparing cars between different segments.

The Nissan Tiida is the lowest, Axio, Civi and Sylphy would fall in the same segment and the Premio would be one segment higher than the Syplphy

Tiida : Comfort and spec wise the technically the lowest but I would sya it is easily the highest in comparison to other cars in its category (like the City/Grace/Vios). So much so it is as good as an Axio.

Civic IMO is the nicer and more engaging car to drive. Axio the least. The Sylphy has the handling characteristics of a sofa converted in to a boat; but that also means it is also the most comfy (IMO).
 

The Premio,would be the highest in terms of comfort but least in terms of handling.

The interior finish itself, personally I find the Nissan finish a lot lower when compared to the others on your list (misaligned panels, plasticy dials, etc...) However, they do look more modern (and yet old fashioned) than that of the Toyotas and the Hondas and the seats are very very nice and supportinve yet soft but firm. The Premio interior is quite spacey and only seconded by the airyness of the Civic (body wise the FD Civic and Premio falls in to the same tax category in Japan whilst the Syplhy and Axio falls in to the same body size segment) and the finish is pretty decent . Axio is probably the worst in terms of interior refinement...feels very plasticy and dreary. A good middle ground will be the Civic. Nice materials, good finish..a little quirky layout with a gimmicky flare.

If your choices are a Sylphy and the Civic, I would much rather have the Civic, albeit the concern is the Hybrid drive train and its condition (only saving grace is that the Civic Hybrid onwers seem to be a bit more less stingy compared to the typical Aqua/Prius owner). May I ask why you do not want a pure gasoline Civic (where you might find a brand-new imported through the agents) or even a Lancer EX ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
5 minutes ago, iRage said:

2. You are comparing cars between different segments.

The Nissan Tiida is the lowest, Axio, Civi and Sylphy would fall in the same segment and the Premio would be one segment higher than the Syplphy

Tiida : Comfort and spec wise the technically the lowest but I would sya it is easily the highest in comparison to other cars in its category (like the City/Grace/Vios). So much so it is as good as an Axio.

Civic IMO is the nicer and more engaging car to drive. Axio the least. The Sylphy has the handling characteristics of a sofa converted in to a boat; but that also means it is also the most comfy (IMO).
 

The Premio,would be the highest in terms of comfort but least in terms of handling.

The interior finish itself, personally I find the Nissan finish a lot lower when compared to the others on your list (misaligned panels, plasticy dials, etc...) However, they do look more modern (and yet old fashioned) than that of the Toyotas and the Hondas and the seats are very very nice and supportinve yet soft but firm. The Premio interior is quite spacey and only seconded by the airyness of the Civic (body wise the FD Civic and Premio falls in to the same tax category in Japan whilst the Syplhy and Axio falls in to the same body size segment) and the finish is pretty decent . Axio is probably the worst in terms of interior refinement...feels very plasticy and dreary. A good middle ground will be the Civic. Nice materials, good finish..a little quirky layout with a gimmicky flare.

If your choices are a Sylphy and the Civic, I would much rather have the Civic, albeit the concern is the Hybrid drive train and its condition (only saving grace is that the Civic Hybrid onwers seem to be a bit more less stingy compared to the typical Aqua/Prius owner). May I ask why you do not want a pure gasoline Civic (where you might find a brand-new imported through the agents) or even a Lancer EX ? 

Thank you so much for the answer.

actually this car is for my farther . He want a car for his job. there are some conditions . car should be a sedan , manufacture year should be at least 2010 , and most importantly engine capacity should between 1200cc-1500cc. thats why civic FD4/1 is not applicable.

And most of the time he is not driving the car. there is a driver. So driving pleasure is not that much important. comfort and interior space is more important. Thats why I mainly consider a sylphy. and I like civic soo much. thats why it is the second place in my list..🙂

what are the common problems of g11 sylphy. ( someone said me it has a gearbox problem . is it true . I think he is talking about the cars with poorly maintained CVT box. not the traditional auto box.)

Thanks....
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

1. 1200cc - 1500cc requirement: To be honest....the fuel efficiency beween a 1600cc (or even an 1800cc) engine is not that far off from a 1500cc engine. Infact depending on the application and driving style, the added power and torque of a 1600cc might give you better fuel efficiency than a 1500cc engine. So if the engine capacity requirement is purely based on, have a rethink.

2. If it comfort..then the Sylphy is a nice place to sit in...followed by the Premio. They both have very cushiony seats. The Civic seats are comfy but they give good support so it might feel a bit too hard for some people (although the firmness helps in long distance trips). Syplhy might be a decent compromise (in terms of comfort and support).

3. Gearbox issues, yes, most of the problems pertain to CVTs. It is mainly because this was aperiod when Nissan was cost cutting and went about using reinforced plastic components in its transmissions. Now granted...the technology has come a long away and using plastic components have become quite common, but back in the day it really didn't work. The standard autoboxes should be okay as long as they are maintained properly (I think it has a RE4F03 type transmission ? which is the same transmission used in some variants of the March, Note and even Wingroad/AD)

Edited by iRage
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
26 minutes ago, iRage said:

1. 1200cc - 1500cc requirement: To be honest....the fuel efficiency beween a 1600cc (or even an 1800cc) engine is not that far off from a 1500cc engine. Infact depending on the application and driving style, the added power and torque of a 1600cc might give you better fuel efficiency than a 1500cc engine. So if the engine capacity requirement is purely based on, have a rethink.

2. If it comfort..then the Sylphy is a nice place to sit in...followed by the Premio. They both have very cushiony seats. The Civic seats are comfy but they give good support so it might feel a bit too hard for some people (although the firmness helps in long distance trips). Syplhy might be a decent compromise (in terms of comfort and support).

3. Gearbox issues, yes, most of the problems pertain to CVTs. It is mainly because this was aperiod when Nissan was cost cutting and went about using reinforced plastic components in its transmissions. Now granted...the technology has come a long away and using plastic components have become quite common, but back in the day it really didn't work. The standard autoboxes should be okay as long as they are maintained properly (I think it has a RE4F03 type transmission ? which is the same transmission used in some variants of the March, Note and even Wingroad/AD)

1. Hmm. according to the Circular , there is no option. if we apply a car with bigger engine(even 1.6) it will be not selected and we have to pay for fuel. otherwise they pay for fuel.  So sad. 

Thank you soo much for your valuable answers.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 10/12/2021 at 8:02 PM, Sadeepa Dilhara said:

Im shortlisted the g11 and fd3. what are your opinions about these 2 cars and any idea about above questions.

Since I have ownership experience with the FD3 I will talk about it..

The FD3 is technically advanced for its time both inside and out with the digital speedometer, two tier meter cluster etc and will look modern compared to the G11.

It will offer better handling, good pulling power and fuel efficiency. Comfort is also good and it has independent rear suspension and all 4 disc brakes. Brakes are electronically boosted therefore would feel like a modern car. The interior is spacious and the materials are good and well put together.

Being a hybrid the maintenance might be a bit expensive than the G11.. The issues mainly concentrated on the hybrid battery and most of the cars have now got the batteries swapped so if you buy one that is properly maintained then no worries on that front.

The FD3 UK model will have 8 air bags and cruise control and the FD3 JDM models which were optioned by the Japanese owner will have Adaptive Cruise Control and City Brake System plus keyless entry etc.

If the daily commute involves going through areas that requires good ground clearance you may want to avoid the FD3 as it has only 135mm of ground clearance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
16 hours ago, Dee Jay said:

Since I have ownership experience with the FD3 I will talk about it..

The FD3 is technically advanced for its time both inside and out with the digital speedometer, two tier meter cluster etc and will look modern compared to the G11.

It will offer better handling, good pulling power and fuel efficiency. Comfort is also good and it has independent rear suspension and all 4 disc brakes. Brakes are electronically boosted therefore would feel like a modern car. The interior is spacious and the materials are good and well put together.

Being a hybrid the maintenance might be a bit expensive than the G11.. The issues mainly concentrated on the hybrid battery and most of the cars have now got the batteries swapped so if you buy one that is properly maintained then no worries on that front.

The FD3 UK model will have 8 air bags and cruise control and the FD3 JDM models which were optioned by the Japanese owner will have Adaptive Cruise Control and City Brake System plus keyless entry etc.

If the daily commute involves going through areas that requires good ground clearance you may want to avoid the FD3 as it has only 135mm of ground clearance.

thank you for sharing your experience..

we use it for long distance trips ( use more than 2000km per month) . so i think hybrid will make sense. 

can you tell me the real world fuel consumption according to your experience(city & outstation) . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
18 minutes ago, Sadeepa Dilhara said:

thank you for sharing your experience..

we use it for long distance trips ( use more than 2000km per month) . so i think hybrid will make sense. 

can you tell me the real world fuel consumption according to your experience(city & outstation) . 

If you are planning on long journeys then indeed hybrid would be value adding especially with the petrol prices these days..

The real world fuel consumption would depend on the car's condition and how you drive..

I get around 20kmpl (-/+ 2kmpl) in long journeys varying based on the time of day (as in if you are running in the mid day scorching heat it could reduce to 18kmpl at times and be 22kmpl if its early morning or evening). In Colombo city traffic I have experienced efficiency levels ranging from 9kmpl to 15kmpl plus depending on the traffic condition. 

I haven't done any hybrid battery related repair for the last 5 years so my battery is not in the best health. Car's with newly repaired batteries seem to get better efficiency in long journeys and in city traffic than mine.

Edited by Dee Jay
Added a couple of missing words
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Dee Jay said:

If you are planning on long journeys then indeed hybrid would be value adding especially with the petrol prices these days..

The real world fuel consumption would depend on the car's condition and how you drive..

I get around 20kmpl (-/+ 2kmpl) in long journeys varying based on the time of day (as in if you are running in the mid day scorching heat it could reduce to 18kmpl at times and be 22kmpl if its early morning or evening). In Colombo city traffic I have experienced efficiency levels ranging from 9kmpl to 15kmpl plus depending on the traffic condition. 

I haven't done any hybrid battery related repair for the last 5 years so my battery is not in the best health. Car's with newly repaired batteries seem to get better efficiency in long journeys and in city traffic than mine.

thank you so much for sharing your experience..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 10/12/2021 at 8:02 PM, Sadeepa Dilhara said:

Im shortlisted the g11 and fd3

Personally I'd pick the FD3. I know hybrids are scary for some but cars like the FD3, GP1 etc have matured now. Nothing wrong with the G11 - it's a lumbering but comfy car. FD3 is more bang for the buck, much more fun to drive , looks better (entirely personal). I see @Dee Jay has chipped in with his FD3 wisdom. So you have a lot of info about the FD3. 

Good luck with your purchase. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]



×
×
  • Create New...