• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How do I open my door

Nirmalla Harry Bachan

Question

1 answer to this question

What kind of a car and key is it ? Assuming it is something with a smart-key. I suppose you are because I can't see why you can't open the door if it was a normal key. Are you saying that the car's battery is dead or that the key fob's battery is dead ?

Eitherway, if you are using a smart-key, it should have a little metal key embedded in it somewhere. In Toyota smark-keys the metal key can be popped out by pressing a little button on the side (the key will slideout from the side of the button which you need to pull out). If it a fancy Toyota key fob or something like nissan or Mazda, the metal key is fitted so that it can be pulled out from the side like a swiss army knife blade and then it looks like a normal key... There is a normal key hole for locking and unlocking the door, typically only on the driver's side.

If the battery of the key fob is dead then you won't be able to start it as well. In most cars you just hold the key fob close to the Start/Stop button and then the car will start beeping after a few seconds; at which point you can press the start button. In some cars there is a little key hole you can put the metal key in to and then the start/stop button starts working...