• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota 141 Engine Bay Cover

Hi guys,

If anyone has/had a 141 2008 model car, let me know is there any engine bay underside cover to it. I recently brought a 141 2008 brand new one and once I inspected the engine bay, I could see the ground through the engine bay. Thanks in advance

Edited by Anushka Ruchira
spelling mistake

IIRC that's how almost all Toyota passenger cars are

I know because my Toyota friends wondered why they can't see the ground through my Lancers engine bay, pretty sure one of them was a 2008 141 owner

Edited by Hyaenidae

On 5/1/2022 at 5:28 PM, Hyaenidae said:

IIRC that's how almost all Toyota passenger cars are

I know because my Toyota friends wondered why they can't see the ground through my Lancers engine bay

Toyotas do have an underbay cover. Just that in almost all econo box Toyotas they are a front splash guards that extend from the bumper to about where the oil sump is (lets be honest that is what 95% of the Toyotas in SL are..this includes the Corolla specs we have..are econo versions). So they are narrow. I beleive in cars like Axelas and Lancers the cover is a bit larger and you only have the oil sump sticking out for most of the way.  It was a thing with Toyotas of the period...the Corolla E100/110/120s had left and right covers that covered the engine bay. The new ones like the e150/160/210 seem to have gone back to a better under cover.

On 5/1/2022 at 2:10 PM, Anushka Ruchira said:

If anyone has/had a 141 2008 model car, let me know is there any engine bay underside cover to it.

Which leads to the question, when you say there is no engine underbay cover, what are you actually referring to ? There shold be a small front splash guard....so if it is not there..then there is somehing missing.

If you're referring to an export model Corolla (imported through the agents) by saying Corolla 141..then the part number for the front splash guard is either 51451-12071 or 51451-12140 (look for the red circle in the picture). image.png.d177d5b2c491d7b45de4ceac7a8c82dd.png

• Like 1

On 5/6/2022 at 7:05 AM, iRage said:

Toyotas do have an underbay cover. Just that in almost all econo box Toyotas they are a front splash guards that extend from the bumper to about where the oil sump is (lets be honest that is what 95% of the Toyotas in SL are..this includes the Corolla specs we have..are econo versions). So they are narrow. I beleive in cars like Axelas and Lancers the cover is a bit larger and you only have the oil sump sticking out for most of the way.  It was a thing with Toyotas of the period...the Corolla E100/110/120s had left and right covers that covered the engine bay. The new ones like the e150/160/210 seem to have gone back to a better under cover.

Lancers have the oil sump completely covered... check the video below

as a result you can't see the ground when looked from up above (Except for the openings I have highlighted. Oil/water drains maybe?)

uepgnxj.png

On 5/6/2022 at 7:05 AM, iRage said:

Which leads to the question, when you say there is no engine underbay cover, what are you actually referring to ? There shold be a small front splash guard....so if it is not there..then there is somehing missing.

If you're referring to an export model Corolla (imported through the agents) by saying Corolla 141..then the part number for the front splash guard is either 51451-12071 or 51451-12140 (look for the red circle in the picture). 

Underbody guards on Lancer

oVkgkIb.gif

Edited by Hyaenidae
  • Like 1