• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need some advice on selling my car and buying another one

Dashcamo

Currently have a Demio 2009,planning on selling it (I'm not sure if it will be possible to sell at the rates which are advertised today)

If so what vehicle should I go for?

I dont travel much so a vehicle that does above 8 is fine, all i need is good comfort,and can put about 500K plus the sold money

Need some suggestions 

16 hours ago, Dashcamo said:

Currently have a Demio 2009,planning on selling it (I'm not sure if it will be possible to sell at the rates which are advertised today)

I dont travel much so a vehicle that does above 8 is fine, all i need is good comfort,and can put about 500K plus the sold money

Need some suggestions 

If you don't mind me asking why exactly are you selling the Demio? Is it the comfort factor? 

The thing is people bought cars for inflated prices during 2020 and 2021 - and now with the expensive maintenance costs and leasing rates people are a bit reluctant to buy BUT the people who bought for the inflated prices are not willing to sell below the prices they brought - so there's an impasse at the moment. This is why a lot of people are now mentioning that they are willing to exchange in advertisements. 

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 5:35 PM, Dashcamo said:

Need some suggestions 

Since you are aware that due to the current circumstances you might not be able to sell your car for the expected price. That brings to the other end of the story, you might not be able to afford another car with the sale amount + the additional 500k since the market is very dynamic these days and if the seller you are trying to get yours doesn't let go for a lower price.. so there's that risk as well.

On 9/29/2022 at 10:35 AM, matroska said:

If you don't mind me asking why exactly are you selling the Demio? Is it the comfort factor? 

The thing is people bought cars for inflated prices during 2020 and 2021 - and now with the expensive maintenance costs and leasing rates people are a bit reluctant to buy BUT the people who bought for the inflated prices are not willing to sell below the prices they brought - so there's an impasse at the moment. This is why a lot of people are now mentioning that they are willing to exchange in advertisements. 

Yeah I actually bought the car before the prices went up like crazy, I want to go for a full size sedan with good comfort

• 2 weeks later...