• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car/s under 1mil for a first time buyer

wellball

2 hours ago, matroska said:

No no - I meant 200 K minimum for sorting out rust etc and a paint job - again it depends on the color etc as well. If you do a proper paint job it will cost 250 minimum. 

Consumables would not amount to that much I'd go with less than 100K for all that (brake pads and filters cost me about 60,000 for the Civic so much less for a retro) but then other stuff like batteries and tyres are quite expensive. Nowadays simple consumables like that also determine the price of older cars - specially tyres which are clearly visible. Even if OP does not have to do painting/corrosion fixing etc he will still need a 100,000 buffer.( Plugs, filters, fluids - brake, gear oil and of course service costs ) 

I get the idea! Great!

4 hours ago, wellball said:

@iRage and @matroska thank you so much for your valuable input on this topic. Because of you, I have learned many new things. Both of you gave lengthy answers with clear explanations. Let's interact soon! Take care!

All the best with your purchase. I hope you find a good car. There is a FB group for the Trad Sunny. There are decent cars that get exchanged over there along with parts, etc...you might want to check some of them too.

Sadly the situation in the country is simply not kind towards car owners.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wellball said:

@iRage and @matroska thank you so much for your valuable input on this topic. Because of you, I have learned many new things. Both of you gave lengthy answers with clear explanations. Let's interact soon! Take care!

Good Luck with your purchase. we would LOVE to hear about what you buy eventually and the journey with it. You can contribute to the community with a separate thread/blog  with lessons learnt - will help someone in the long run.

• Like 1