• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pulsar Vzr N1

madmax

ya think?? naaah... I don't like that. Too twitchy. I don't have the confidence it will stay within it's control envelope when I ask to to do strange things. The backside loses it waay to easy. Unlike the VZR, which responds like its on rails.

Actually, I have the budget to accomodate it. Not interested.

How much is he paying u too to advertise the honda on the forums like this?

hei bro did u check the back tyres. probably worn out. put some new tyres that grip

hehehehe

:blink::blink::lol::lol:

anyway congrats for ur new car, what Z u have ? im too confused are they R/C cars :lol:

post some pics buddy

hei bro did u check the back tyres. probably worn out. put some new tyres that grip

hehehehe

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

anyway congrats for ur new car, what Z u have ? im too confused are they R/C cars :P

post some pics buddy

Nah, it aint the tires. vshiznet says its to do with haveing stock EXi springs. Whatever. It slides, as is, right now.

Actually, two R/Cs (a 1/10 and a 1/28th) and one model (a 1/18, that was a birthday present from madmax :D ) There are pics on both my sites.

what sort of strange things do you ask it to do... :blink::blink:

wat on earth do u do wit its backside? pericles! tsk tsk :P

Oh, shush, u two. y'all know what I mean.

• 4 weeks later...

Nah, it aint the tires. vshiznet says its to do with haveing stock EXi springs. Whatever. It slides, as is, right now.

Actually, two R/Cs (a 1/10 and a 1/28th) and one model (a 1/18, that was a birthday present from madmax :D ) There are pics on both my sites.

Oh, shush, u two. y'all know what I mean.

Hey pericles from where do u get the RCs are they Nitro powered,How much will one Modified nitro Rc be n where can i get one . (IF U CANT POST THEM HERE pls mail me the info @ [email protected]

I have 3 Z's that are too small for me ;):lol:

Probably too much... :D 1.7 was the agreed on in the end. I'll keep u in mind when I want to sell it tho. Which would probably be later this year.

The VZR is pretty nice, its had a N1 engine change, right? My brother checked both the VZR and the SiR out. The SiR had too many dodgy mods done to it.

Hey Pericles, whats the 0-60 of the VZR like?

The VZR is pretty nice, its had a N1 engine change, right? My brother checked both the VZR and the SiR out. The SiR had too many dodgy mods done to it.

Hey Pericles, whats the 0-60 of the VZR like?

I have no idea. Yet to do a timed run. I'll let u know when I get it done.

Co-incidentally, a friend of mine is trying to sell his nitro powered Impreza :action-smiley-060: Interested?

pls use the classifieds to sell your items!! :blink:

I have no idea. Yet to do a timed run. I'll let u know when I get it done.

better use a calender to do the timing...

can some one post some tech details of the vzr

:blink:

SR16VE

The 1.6 L SR16VE has Nissan's Neo VVL variable valve timing with lift control. It produces 170 hp (127 kW) and 119 ft.lbf (161 Nm).

It is used in the following vehicles:

* N15 Nissan Pulsar VZ-R

SR16VE N1

This version was used in the limited production Nissan Pulsar VZ-R N1 and Pulsar VZ-R N1 SSS from 97-98 and made 197hp @ 7800rpm and 134lb torque @ 7600rpm from the 1.6L SR. Although this car was limited in production(only 500 or so models are rumored to have been made).

Source : Wiki

This thing is copied in so many forums, might as well put it here too :action-smiley-060:

The VE (Neo VVL) series of engines is Nissan's answer to Honda's VTEC. The two systems are nearly identical. They use the same concept of multiple cam lobes to provide a low rpm cam ideal for torque and a high rpm cam optimized for hp. The only difference in the Nissan system is that the intake and exhaust cams are triggered indepedently for a flatter, more consistent power band. You can read more about the VTEC system here (http://www.leecao.com/honda/vtec/whatsvtec.html).

How many different VE motors are there?

There are five (5) VE motors.

SR16VE - 173hp 5 speed Manual 97-2001

SR16VE N1 - 197hp 5 speed Manual 97-98

SR20VE - 187hp CVT 6 speed Auto 97-2001

SR20VE - 204hp 6 speed Manual 2001-Present

SR20VET - 276hp AWD Turbo 2002-Present

How much power does the VE have?

SR16VE - 173hp @ 7800rpm / 119lb torque @ 7200rpm

SR16VE N1 - 197hp @ 7800rpm / 134lb torque @ 7600rpm

SR20VE - 187hp @ 7000rpm / 145lb torque @ 6000rpm

SR20VET - 276hp @ 6400rpm / 228lb torque @ 3200rpm

How much do they cost?

SR16VE - $1000-$1600

SR16VE N1 - $3000+ good luck finding one*

SR20VE - $1000-$2500

SR20VET - unknown

*Only 500 of these engines are thought to have been produced.

**These are average prices based on availability and engine condition. Actual prices may vary.

What are the origins of these motors?

SR16VE - 1.6L VVL motor found in the Nissan Sunny Lucino VZ-R, Sunny GT and Pulsar VZ-R.

SR16VE N1 - 1.6L VVL motor found in the Nissan Pulsar VZ-R N1 and Pulsar VZ-R N1 SSS.

SR20VE - 2.0L VVL motor found in the Nissan Primera (Infiniti G20 bodystyle), Bluebird, Wingroad, and Autobacs Garaiya.

SR20VET - 2.0L turbocharged VVL motor found in the Nissan X-Trail SUV, and Trailrunner Concept Car.

Source : sr20forum

On the Car itself

1998 Nissan Pulsar VZ-R N1

Bodywork

Type: 4/5S HBK

Number of doors: 3

Dimensions

Wheelbase: 2535 mm 99.80 in

Track front: 1470 mm 57.87 in

Track rear: 1435 mm 56.49 in

Length: 4140 mm 162.99 in

Width: 1690 mm 66.53 in

Ground clearance: 135 mm 5.31 in

Kerb weight: 1090 kg 2403.03 lb

Fuel capacity: 50 l 13.20 US gal

Engine

Manufacturer: Nissan

Type: S-4

DOHC

16 valves total

4 valves per cylinder

Bore x stroke: 86.00mm × 68.70mm

Bore / stroke ratio: 1.25

Displacement: 1596 cc 97.39 cu in

Compression: 11.60:1

Fuel system: EFi

Aspiration: Normal

Catalytic Converter: Y

Max. output: 199.7 PS (197.0 bhp) (146.9 kW)@7800 rpm

Max. torque: 181.0 Nm (133 lbft) (18.5 kgm)@7600 rpm

Coolant: Water

Specific output: 123.4 bhp/litre

Specific torque: 113.41 Nm/litre

Performance

0-100km/h: 6.8 s

Quarter mile: 14.89s

Power to weight: 180.73 bhp/ton

Engine location: Front

Engine alignment: Transverse

Steering: rack & pinion

Turning circle: 10.40 m

Suspension front: I.MS.

Suspension rear: I.MultiLi.

Tyres front: 195/55 VR 15

Tyres rear: 195/55 VR 15

Brakes: VeDi/Di

Transmission: 5M

Drive: FWD

Top gear ratio: 0.76

Final drive ratio: 4.44

Source : Global Car Locator

What do u mean dodgy mods that was one of the quickest 4 door honda civic. And i'm sure it still is the second fastest 4 door civic :(:blink: we should run the two cars to decide on the title Madmax :lol: Any 4 door civics who want to participate to find the fastest honda civic sedan in SL.

What do u mean dodgy mods that was one of the quickest 4 door honda civic. And i'm sure it still is the second fastest 4 door civic :D :D we should run the two cars to decide on the title Madmax :D Any 4 door civics who want to participate to find the fastest honda civic sedan in SL.

Hey hey hey. No civic arguements on my car thread.

U guys realise, that with that SR20VET running 276hp, if Nissan bothered to develop an all-wheel drive sedan, it wold have summin to compete in the Evo/WRX class? Imagine a Pulsar Evolution :lol: They already tried a 2L turbocharged rally car in the GTiR. They have the 4 wheel system thats second to none. Early versions of ATESSA were tested out in the GTiR. Just a matter of if they have the suspension to put into a car like that....

Sweet idea, eh? :(:blink:

i expected it to be heavier...180bhp per tonne?damn i only get 120 per tonne lol

thanks for the detail tho dude

Just remembered. My car has an aftermarket soundsystem that weighs more than vshiznet.

it'd be ugly...the primera p11 is more the car for it :lol:

Yeah, that Camino model. Damn, why didn't they think of this? guess they were going thru too hard a financial situ to put much money into R&D for racing.

And don't call my car ugly. :(

Hey pericles, is VZR produces the highest BHP from a NA engine out of all 1600cc japanese cars??

someone told me its honda. :blink:

That I'm not entirely sure. I think there is a civic mark that pushed 200 or close to it too. Type-R? not sure. U'll need to check that out a bit on the web.

What do u mean dodgy mods that was one of the quickest 4 door honda civic. And i'm sure it still is the second fastest 4 door civic :angry-smiley-048::D we should run the two cars to decide on the title Madmax :P Any 4 door civics who want to participate to find the fastest honda civic sedan in SL.

Ok, they weren't really dodgy mods, but there's a bit of concern when a 1.6 is squeezing out 190 odd bhp. I'm sure the life of the engine is fine if it has been serviced regularly.

And don't call my car ugly. :angry-smiley-048:

I think there is a civic mark that pushed 200 or close to it too. Type-R? not sure. U'll need to check that out a bit on the web.

ur car is a minority...wen we talk nissan pulsar we mean the sedan unless otherwise specified :D

the type R b16b has 185bhp stock which is the most powerful 1600 honda...correct?