• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mini Vtec Conversion

miniace

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Friends!

Its a pleasure to announce that a Sri Lankan carried out a succesfull Honda Type-R Vtec conversion to Mini Minor car.Today the engine was bench run and saturday at an ospicious time the engine will unite with the Mini partner.

The engine was custom tuned by "pit works" before the shipment.The project was on hold for sometime due to the long process of tuning the engine in Japan.

More updates on this will be posted here and these are the first ever pictures published on this expensive and painfully long project!

MINIACE

Hi MINIACE,

any update on this?

-GMI

Hi Friends!

Its a pleasure to announce that a Sri Lankan carried out a succesfull Honda Type-R Vtec conversion to Mini Minor car.Today the engine was bench run and saturday at an ospicious time the engine will unite with the Mini partner.

The engine was custom tuned by "pit works" before the shipment.The project was on hold for sometime due to the long process of tuning the engine in Japan.

More updates on this will be posted here and these are the first ever pictures published on this expensive and painfully long project!

MINIACE

dsc00122jo5.jpg

dsc00119bq4.jpg

dsc00117id5.jpg

miniace, I don't know how I missed this thread all this time, but I only just saw it...

this is awesome man...!!! as a devout worshipper of anything vtec, it's really good to know that Sri lanka is taking it to the next level.

good scene man. and you mentioned starting your own project too... is it another vtec swap?

and just for us who are curious and aspire to do so (although may never be able to afford it :P ), around how much would a swap of this nature cost?

My project is on hold due financial crisis :( Dont have $$$$ to purchase the B16.

Conversion is expensive in every way.You already know the price of a B16 or a B18.This is in addition to the body mods (the nose extension) and the custom subframe and braking upgrades.Cannot use the Mini subframe. :( Total cost is something like ,half the price of an immaculate Classic Mini! :o (or even more)

MINIACE

• 1 month later...

Lookin good mini.. :jumping-smiley-013:

By da way, have you got enough space there at the front for the radiator..? :unsure:

And where should the air cleaner/intake should fit in..?

You are sure u`ll be able to close the hood after putting everything in isnt it..? lol.. :-D

Edited by MrCat

Lookin good mini.. :jumping-smiley-013:

By da way, have you got enough space there at the front for the radiator..? :unsure:

And where should the air cleaner/intake should fit in..?

You are sure u`ll be able to close the hood after putting everything in isnt it..? lol.. :-D

Radiator stays where it was.No need to mount in front!

You can see the space left for the filter!

If cant close the bonnet ,will run minus bonnet !! HAPPY NOW!!

MINIACE

Miniace...Excuse me for my ignorance…I have not driven minis in great deal…have been lucky to drive once a 1000 mini around our housing scheme but it was less than a 1 mile drive. With all respect I enjoyed that ride.

My question is can the car and its design cope with this engine..is there a chance for a tip over or the rear to swing away at high speeds…

I am just too curious … drove and had the experience of the rear being swung away of a modified lancer with a Subaru engine…ended up heading the other direction after 4 or 5 rotations ..dead scared to drive modified stuff after that incident. That’s a rear wheel drive though..

Edited by lakshank

Is this car yours miniace our someone elses. Cos the post starts with someone elses car at the middle it bcoms urs...hmmmm

Hey..where did I mention the pictures car is mine????

Anyways four more projects launched simultaniously and three going strong.Sorry cant mention other names,atleast for the moment!

MINIACE

Miniace...Excuse me for my ignorance…I have not driven minis in great deal…have been lucky to drive once a 1000 mini around our housing scheme but it was less than a 1 mile drive. With all respect I enjoyed that ride.

My question is can the car and its design cope with this engine..is there a chance for a tip over or the rear to swing away at high speeds…

I am just too curious … drove and had the experience of the rear being swung away of a modified lancer with a Subaru engine…ended up heading the other direction after 4 or 5 rotations ..dead scared to drive modified stuff after that incident. That’s a rear wheel drive though..

Good question you raised.Bro, Mini disign is amazingly unique and can handle any number of horses under the bonnet without any difficulty.In SL we tested a Mini with a 185bhp Mini engine and she handled really well.In UK we tested a 220bhp engined car and absolutely no handling problems even without any suspension modifications.Vtec conversions are common in UK and USA now and no handling problems reported.

MINIACE

Good question you raised.Bro, Mini disign is amazingly unique and can handle any number of horses under the bonnet without any difficulty.In SL we tested a Mini with a 185bhp Mini engine and she handled really well.In UK we tested a 220bhp engined car and absolutely no handling problems even without any suspension modifications.Vtec conversions are common in UK and USA now and no handling problems reported.

MINIACE

then why are you going for that 3-tone baby? :-)

• 3 years later...

Nice to see the old thread up, hows the little monster keeping? I'm sure you'd have something to share with us on this after all these years...

Edited by tiv

Congrats GMI mate ! She deserves a better owner and found the correct stable! What changes planned, may I suggest..Wheels please.

MINIACE

Thanks MiniAce. started with A/C and next will be ECU chipping - it's too much power and want to increase the injector pulse width of final drive. Then the differential - gears are too close. Ah forgot - will be sending the car to Rilaulla for stickers and styling (you know to whom ;-) ). Replaced seats with genuine black leather high backs (which came in later MPIs). Put a black grill with some badges. Need to put a control barrel in exhaust before our neighbors complain - it's too loud. Yeah I need mini light wheels in there badly, but need to modify lower arms and take the wheels bit in - might no do in coming months. All in all it's fantastic. I wonder how Ajith aiya made his mind to sell it...