• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lanser Cb8 Turbo Conversion

PRCB8

• 5 months later...

the short answer is yes, having said that you must make sure the existing engine is in good condition to get a turbo conversion. it may be be better for you to get a complete engine +transmission kit from a used parts dealer.

Also make suitable modifications /alterations to the rest of the car to make it sfe to cope with the increase in power from the engine,

1. The cooling system - increase it's efficiency( larger rad, extra cooling fans etc.)

2. Clutch and drive system (new turbo engine clutch kit at a min)

3. Exhaust - enlarge the exhaust all the way to accomadate higher flow,

4. Brakes - Service /Modify to get more efficiency

5. Suspension - I guess you'll be going round bends as fast as you go straight ( high rate dampers +Anti roll bars)

6. tyres - the stock 165/13 should br replaced with some thing with a wider foot print.

7. get a fresh air intake installed while ur at it,

Sorry if I forgot anything, Keepe posted ,

the short answer is yes, having said that you must make sure the existing engine is in good condition to get a turbo conversion. it may be be better for you to get a complete engine +transmission kit from a used parts dealer.

Also make suitable modifications /alterations to the rest of the car to make it sfe to cope with the increase in power from the engine,

1. The cooling system - increase it's efficiency( larger rad, extra cooling fans etc.)

2. Clutch and drive system (new turbo engine clutch kit at a min)

3. Exhaust - enlarge the exhaust all the way to accomadate higher flow,

4. Brakes - Service /Modify to get more efficiency

5. Suspension - I guess you'll be going round bends as fast as you go straight ( high rate dampers +Anti roll bars)

6. tyres - the stock 165/13 should br replaced with some thing with a wider foot print.

7. get a fresh air intake installed while ur at it,

Sorry if I forgot anything, Keep me posted ,

• 14 years later...