• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Does Everyone Looks Like

Mani

11 hours ago, Kavvz said:

WOW! Sounds awesome, and it certainly sounds like something that needs a build thread..!! (Or is there one that's up already that I've missed?) 

Also: Am looking to buy a basic spray gun and compressor (Mostly to fool around with on various projects, paint, rust proofing etc.) but I don't want to spend bucket loads, but I also don't want to make any dumb penny-wise-pound-foolish type purchases: Is there a minimal compressor and spray gun combo that you could recommend?

So far, research indicates that I need to get a compressor with at least 200 liters per minute or 7.5 cfm of air delivery and that the spray gun doesn't really matter (as in you can get away with any of the cheaper ones). Your thoughts? 

Yep, I got a 250L one myself. 6 or 8cfm as i recall. The bigger the better as once you buy one, it's just a matter of time till you upgrade the accessories. Things like air tools, sand blaster kits and what not. And having a larger tank and higher CFM allows for more compatibility across tools plus in painting, you can cover more with less motor startups. The sound is not something I've ever got adjusted to :)

I picked up a used unit in non working condition from a fellow AL member, JDNet many years ago. Needed some basic TLC and a set of reed valves and hoses and it was good to go. I would say best bet it to keep an eye out for a used unit as they do come by for decent money.

Spray guns of course its best to have at least two in my opinion. For clear coats/pearls and stuff, you need a 2mm nozzle and for other paints 1.8 or even 1.6 will do. Having two guns helps in DIY scene as it saves up time should you need to work with more than one color. In my case, I got 3 units over the years.

The cheapo Ingco guns with cup on the bottom has proven to be reliable over the years for me.

But gravity fed, cup on tops are fine too. I got two of those and one Ingco gun.

If you need really good finish quality, the gun plays a huge role. So best to get a good gun if results are needed to be up there. The high end of guns have better paint atomization and spray pattern and rarely sprays out larger droplets. The cheaper guns tend to do this. I used for DIY builds so don't really need super high end finish :) A devilbliss or something like that is a top notch gun. I've seen it in action and it's a gem of a gun. But not cheap.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 10:17 AM, Ripper said:

Life has kept me out of these forums for ages but been dropping in on and off :)

Grills are good buddy and i think since the oil drum grill build I shared here, I've made a smaller version with two wheel rims and another pitbarrel style vertical smoker as well. All seen extensive use over the years 😂

These days, finishing up a 2x72 belt grinder and a small bench mount English Wheel.

MD's MG thread got me in this time around

Heyyy @Ripper. Welcome back! Glad my thread did some good.

• Like 1