• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Different Versions Of Corolla 110.

raji7778

• 2 years later...

Hello Experts

Hope this topic is not discussed before, If so please apologize

One of my friends in SL looking to buy a Corolla AE/CE110 or AE100 L/G Touring wagon

But cars which he found are different than the other with the options (But sub models all same on the badge) eg: - Se Limited, SE Saloon, XE Vintage but it’s hard to track which one is which

- I found a 1 article on AL about the G touring and it is correct as after the AE100 need to have the letter G if it’s an original car but not sure this is applies to L Touring or not

- It is not that hard to change the interior but i think can't change everything and should be a way to identify so please share with the members please

- Few of the models that i have heard is below but don't know the different:

L

LX

XE

XE Saloon

XE Vintage

SE Limited

SE Limited 30th Anniversary

Riviera

Thank you guys

Actually I can recollect quite a fee threads on the grades for these. The bottom line is that the different option combos are no surprise for a Toyota of that era. Usually Toyota defines the grades with base accessories for each and then dealers were free to offer a whole out of other options when the car was initially purchased. On top of that there were a lot of special and limited editions with extra options. The late 90s and early oart of the 2000s Toyota had tons of these. So it is no surprise to see a XE Saloon that might be better spec'd than a standard SE Saloon.

There was a link somewhere on AL (check my old posts) where when u enter a chasdis number it will give u the factory grade. That way you can check if it was a local convert? And if it was a voversion make sure it is a good one and not some cheap job. Fir the wagon check the rear sudpension.

Actually I can recollect quite a fee threads on the grades for these. The bottom line is that the different option combos are no surprise for a Toyota of that era. Usually Toyota defines the grades with base accessories for each and then dealers were free to offer a whole out of other options when the car was initially purchased. On top of that there were a lot of special and limited editions with extra options. The late 90s and early oart of the 2000s Toyota had tons of these. So it is no surprise to see a XE Saloon that might be better spec'd than a standard SE Saloon. There was a link somewhere on AL (check my old posts) where when u enter a chasdis number it will give u the factory grade. That way you can check if it was a local convert? And if it was a voversion make sure it is a good one and not some cheap job. Fir the wagon check the rear sudpension.

I have come across such sites, sadly they dont seem to work for older vehicles

JC, Try This one Machan, below link listed the Trim levels for JDM AE100 and AE110 Models from year 1994.

AE100

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota/corolla/1994_5/2364/

AE110

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota/corolla/1998_4/

Edited by Ruslan

Sometimes these may help you.

Corolla JDM - 1998 April

http://cdn.toyota-catalog.jp/catalog/pdf/corolla-3/corolla-3_199804.pdf

Corolla Wagon JDM - 1998 April

http://cdn.toyota-catalog.jp/catalog/pdf/corolla-w/corolla-w_199804.pdf

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 1

My bad ! I just realized that for older vehicles it only gives the YoM and Frame info.

Anyway...here is the goo-net catalog for the Corolla...it is somewhat more comprehensive when it comes to JDMs than some other sites out there...

http://www.goo-net.com/catalog/TOYOTA/COROLLA/#200005

It is in Japanese but put it through google translate or something.

• 7 years later...

Thanks for an excellent discussion thread, albeit a decade old! 😅 I've wondered this myself for quite some time, and here there seems to be quite a few different options, everything from global versus domestic versions to AE being Anniversary Edition. To be honest, lately I've been getting the impression that AE simply implies that the car in question is equipped with an A series engine, whereas EE Corollas comes with E series engines. Could I be on the right track, here?

1 hour ago, Gew said:

Thanks for an excellent discussion thread, albeit a decade old! 😅 I've wondered this myself for quite some time, and here there seems to be quite a few different options, everything from global versus domestic versions to AE being Anniversary Edition. To be honest, lately I've been getting the impression that AE simply implies that the car in question is equipped with an A series engine, whereas EE Corollas comes with E series engines. Could I be on the right track, here?

What gave you the impression that AE meant Annivessary Edition?

Yes..the A means it has an A series engine...E e-series engines and C diesel C series engines....when it became ZZ NZ....in later models it became ZZE ad ZNE,etc...

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Supra_Natural said:

Since this thread has been resurrected, anyone remember how many AE111 GTs made it to SL? In the last few months I saw a couple advertised, one Corolla and one Sprinter. Sadly both ads are gone now.

The Corolla groups beleive there is only one Sprinter...a blue one..automatic...HK registration. As for Corolla...I can think of 4. 3 Silver ones...all 6MT but only one is confirmed to be manual from factory..(GV and HH 8000series, 4000 series and 7000 series registrations) one white one...plus I thought there was a gun metallic one but not sure.