• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Vehicle Number Plate Law

K3Z

There are many places do -near authentic plates.Need info?

But remember its illegal to carry WPs and Ps or Ds on old type plates.

MINIACE

its quite ironic. the reason the RMV came up with the new plate was to prevent ciminals using fake plates on vehicles used for crimes. But if these number plate makers can make almost identical plates for older 300-XXXX in the new (english) plate format whats preventing them from making the actual english plates too?

:rolleyes:

its quite ironic. the reason the RMV came up with the new plate was to prevent ciminals using fake plates on vehicles used for crimes.

ha ha ha. The reason RMV came up with the new plate was to funnel money to the pocket of the fellow who owns the place that makes the plates. :rolleyes:

ha ha ha. The reason RMV came up with the new plate was to funnel money to the pocket of the fellow who owns the place that makes the plates. :rolleyes:

true true.. that was the reason....but on paper the reason was o reduce forged plates. If so why isnt the police cracking down on such plate-makers?

its quite ironic. the reason the RMV came up with the new plate was to prevent ciminals using fake plates on vehicles used for crimes. But if these number plate makers can make almost identical plates for older 300-XXXX in the new (english) plate format whats preventing them from making the actual english plates too?

One place I know,makes English type plates much much better than RMV ones :D .Hardly one could spot a difference.

Once they introduced luminous plates, few made good money,then came the plastic Driving License,Now you can "buy" the same as "an aftermarket" product from RMV crows :lol: Now the English plates...still the crime rate is sky high and ascending! This is Sri Lanka-Land like no other :P

MINIACE

mind you, those fake plates even got the government emblem (the good old "Rajya Lanchanaya") on them as well :blink: . Because of that I for one thought these plates are also provided by RMV :action-smiley-060:

probably the Police will wait until there are many vehicles on the roads with fake plates and then make a killing by fining them all - like they turned a blind eye a few years back until half the cars in the country got windows tinted and then started pulling you off the road pointing out that it is, and has always been, against the LAW!

• 2 years later...

Since this was discussed well, i want to clarify that is it compulsory to have standard number plate to be fixed given by the RMV? Or we can make it as it given by RMV? If we can make it then how about the Government emblem?

i really need this information if anyone could share me the gazzatte on this issue would be much appreciated.

Since this was discussed well, i want to clarify that is it compulsory to have standard number plate to be fixed given by the RMV? Or we can make it as it given by RMV? If we can make it then how about the Government emblem?

i really need this information if anyone could share me the gazzatte on this issue would be much appreciated.

No English letter number plate can be replaced or duplicated from outside organisations/vendors. Only method of replacing is through RMV following the normal protocol.If the number plate is replaced (temporary), a copy of the police complaint entry mentioning the circumstances for the same or the RMV receipt/invoice for the replacement order to be carried onboard .

MINIACE

• 10 years later...