• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

hey dude... Guess what, I saw a blue Presea in kandy. With a G no plate. Had crystal lights.. Heres the awesome part, It was driven by a hot chick. Looked in her mid 20's. She was a bit tall and bit chubby(not very) with a long hair that was brown which was done up like Bob Marleys.. First thing that came to my mind was u. ;)
Oops forgot the sad part,there was a guy in the passengwr seat... :/ oh and I just saw ur status lol .. this might be ur future wife hehe :D

I remember once on those desperate days while i was searching for presea's, I was walking to office... right infront of my office along park road I saw this black presea... it was really good.. and i wanted to follow it.. luckily a piaggio tuk tuk went behind it... i shouted at the tuk driver so hard "ooooooooi'.... the bugger stopped and i told him to follow the car... the bloody piaggio tuk tuk was f**kin slow and he could have easily gotten to the presea driver but the tuk itself it so slow... i scolded the driver and told him to bloody go so fast... after going miles and miles i was able to see from far away at nelum pokuna finally the presea stopped at the colour light and i jumped off the tuk without even paying the money and ran to the presea asking if he was selling the car.. a hot chick was in the passenger seat and a young guy :P he said "No" he is not selling LOL... the guy must have felt so proud infront of his girl coz someone made an offer to his car.... those were the days, damn! it was sooo exciting to do this whole following and asking thing :D

• Like 1

.... those were the days, damn! it was sooo exciting to do this whole following and asking thing :D

Its best that it came to an end when it did. Seems like you enjoyed it too much that had it continued you would have gotten either raped, beaten-up, shot or all three.

• Like 1

Its best that it came to an end when it did. Seems like you enjoyed it too much that had it continued you would have gotten either raped, beaten-up, shot or all three.

Yeap the dude's quite loony. Good luck to Pericles on the upcoming photo shoot / trip...Hopefully he comes back safe!!

Hahaha I don't think I could be raped cuz I'm strong and a bit built so raping me aint possible yo.... but being shot- yes possible, cuz sometimes I imagine myself being shot and actually have no way out to survive even in my imagination :P

Yeap the dude's quite loony. Good luck to Pericles on the upcoming photo shoot / trip...Hopefully he comes back safe!!

lol don't worry I will bring him home safe...safe and sound ;)

I remember once on those desperate days while i was searching for presea's, I was walking to office... right infront of my office along park road I saw this black presea... it was really good.. and i wanted to follow it.. luckily a piaggio tuk tuk went behind it... i shouted at the tuk driver so hard "ooooooooi'.... the bugger stopped and i told him to follow the car... the bloody piaggio tuk tuk was f**kin slow and he could have easily gotten to the presea driver but the tuk itself it so slow... i scolded the driver and told him to bloody go so fast... after going miles and miles i was able to see from far away at nelum pokuna finally the presea stopped at the colour light and i jumped off the tuk without even paying the money and ran to the presea asking if he was selling the car.. a hot chick was in the passenger seat and a young guy :P he said "No" he is not selling LOL... the guy must have felt so proud infront of his girl coz someone made an offer to his car.... those were the days, damn! it was sooo exciting to do this whole following and asking thing :D

I should feel very proud cuz i get loads of offers for my Hiace :king2:

bdw on the things not to do, dont buy your wife/gf a Presea

Edited by Magnum

Hahaha I don't think I could be raped cuz I'm strong and a bit built so raping me aint possible yo.... but being shot- yes possible, cuz sometimes I imagine myself being shot and actually have no way out to survive even in my imagination :P

Err...Is this is a reoccurring thing that you have going on? Any other dreams or fantasies you want to share with us?

lol don't worry I will bring him home safe...safe and sound ;)

No worries, I'm sure Pericles can take care of himself; but I'm sure it'd make for a hilarious outing. One minute you'll be driving along clam as can be; and in the same breath you'll go tearing off behind some car because: "It was a Presea and a girl was driving it" / a girl was in the passenger seat of it!!

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Err...Is this is a reoccurring thing that you have going on? Any other dreams or fantasies you want to share with us?

No worries, I'm sure Pericles can take care of himself; but I'm sure it'd make for a hilarious outing. One minute you'll be driving along clam as can be; and in the same breath you'll go tearing off behind some car because: "It was a Presea and a girl was driving it" / a girl was in the passenger seat of it!!

No the recurring dream I'm having is that my car is being destroyed by people and that dream I have in most nights and so I don't get proper sleep... :( I see these nightmares almost everynight....sigh..

Oh and fantasies - trust me you don't wanna hear... :P I have so many fantasies that I haven't heard anyone ever had :P

It would make a joyous outing, you wanna join? ;)

Just curious... does anyone know back in the day (in 2001) what was the selling price of the Presea?

If i am to take a wild swing taking in to account it was the post government permit era I’d say in the 1.5mil mark. I remember Carina AT212 SI (unreg) having a 1.8 mil price tag back then.

• Like 1

Ahhh I see... which means Presea is one of those cars which the price never went down with time...

No, you cant say that. The value of the ruppee has dropped a lot since then, so technically it HAS lost market value (which is completely normal for a car)...

but i guess its not lost that much for you to loose sleep over ;)

No, you cant say that. The value of the ruppee has dropped a lot since then, so technically it HAS lost market value (which is completely normal for a car)...

but i guess its not lost that much for you to loose sleep over ;)

LOL yeah yeah I know :P

back in 2006 when i checked the car was going for around 1.2mil... in 2009 for around 1.4mil... in 2012 back to 1.2/1.3mil, and then this year 1.5/1.6mil... wonder how would it be 5 years down the line...

LOL yeah yeah I know :P

back in 2006 when i checked the car was going for around 1.2mil... in 2009 for around 1.4mil... in 2012 back to 1.2/1.3mil, and then this year 1.5/1.6mil... wonder how would it be 5 years down the line...

but you are looking at just the face value of money....if you look at the real value of the money it would have dropped

No the recurring dream I'm having is that my car is being destroyed by people and that dream I have in most nights and so I don't get proper sleep... :( I see these nightmares almost everynight....sigh..

Oh and fantasies - trust me you don't wanna hear... :P I have so many fantasies that I haven't heard anyone ever had :P

It would make a joyous outing, you wanna join? ;)

lol !! A tempting invite but my weekends are a bit busy these days as I'm in the midst of moving to a new house. Very kind of you to extend an invite though...

but you are looking at just the face value of money....if you look at the real value of the money it would have dropped

Yes, I'm doing more of a comparison with other vehicles of the same range... For an example I heard that the 1999 mark II grande came in for 3.3 mil back then..is it true?.. and now it's going for around 1.8mil... so in comparison, the mark ii's real value has had a huge downfall than the presea...

Yes, I'm doing more of a comparison with other vehicles of the same range... For an example I heard that the 1999 mark II grande came in for 3.3 mil back then..is it true?.. and now it's going for around 1.8mil... so in comparison, the mark ii's real value has had a huge downfall than the presea...

Oh well, you're beginning to sound like people from that Panda club. There are reasons why cars like the the Mark II, the Cefiro, the Magna and even the Galant doesn't have an 'appreciating' market. Sri Lankan people don't understand cars with large engines. They think that these cars are heavy on fuel consumption, maintenance, etc. For some part, this is just perception, hearsay and beliefs without real facts to back them. Why the Sri Lankans shy away from critical thinking is sometimes astounding.

For example, the Galant, at least the manual version, have a better fuel economy than a Nissan March 1000cc, automatic transmission car. I guess I don't have to point out which is the more enjoyable one out of that two.

Sri Lankan car value perception is convoluted. Toyotas are valued more, even of the car in question was used as a Taxi. The commonly known 121, Priuses, even some Axios are common examples. Just think of the number of people you know who'd gladly auction their left testie so that they can buy a Toyota and thrash it since it's a Toyota and tell you that they can sell it off in a heartbeat since it's a Toyota?

You drive a Nissan Presea, it has it's own perceptions about it. I drive a Mitsu, same case. Someone bought the car to satisfy his/her needs. We bought our cars to satisfy ours. The cars had depreciated enough by the time we bought it. So we paid whatever we had to and that was that.

The bottom line of all this? Well, as a petrolhead, I don't think what matters to me, at least, is not the monetary value of the car I drive. it's about how I perceive what the car adds to my life. It's the small idiosyncrasies of the car that only I understand. it's the moments that I turn back and smile at myself when I leave car at a car park. It's the times when I leave my Kottu at Pilawoos half way through because I'm worried about my car since I saw someone leaving the joint with squealing tires. it's the reminiscing I do of the good times I had in my car when I hit that empty stretch on the Parliament road once in a while.

Monetary value of all this? Well, for the most part, it's just how much the next buyer is willing to pay for my car. Am I worried about it? Absolutely not. I didn't auction my left testie to buy my car. I don't expect the next guy to auction his testie either. :)

• Like 5

The bottom line of all this? Well, as a petrolhead, I don't think what matters to me, at least, is not the monetary value of the car I drive. it's about how I perceive what the car adds to my life. It's the small idiosyncrasies of the car that only I understand. it's the moments that I turn back and smile at myself when I leave car at a car park. It's the times when I leave my Kottu at Pilawoos half way through because I'm worried about my car since I saw someone leaving the joint with squealing tires. it's the reminiscing I do of the good times I had in my car when I hit that empty stretch on the Parliament road once in a while.

Monetary value of all this? Well, for the most part, it's just how much the next buyer is willing to pay for my car. Am I worried about it? Absolutely not. I didn't auction my left testie to buy my car. I don't expect the next guy to auction his testie either. :)

Right in the feels :)

Oh well, you're beginning to sound like people from that Panda club. There are reasons why cars like the the Mark II, the Cefiro, the Magna and even the Galant doesn't have an 'appreciating' market. Sri Lankan people don't understand cars with large engines. They think that these cars are heavy on fuel consumption, maintenance, etc. For some part, this is just perception, hearsay and beliefs without real facts to back them. Why the Sri Lankans shy away from critical thinking is sometimes astounding.

For example, the Galant, at least the manual version, have a better fuel economy than a Nissan March 1000cc, automatic transmission car. I guess I don't have to point out which is the more enjoyable one out of that two.

Sri Lankan car value perception is convoluted. Toyotas are valued more, even of the car in question was used as a Taxi. The commonly known 121, Priuses, even some Axios are common examples. Just think of the number of people you know who'd gladly auction their left testie so that they can buy a Toyota and thrash it since it's a Toyota and tell you that they can sell it off in a heartbeat since it's a Toyota?

You drive a Nissan Presea, it has it's own perceptions about it. I drive a Mitsu, same case. Someone bought the car to satisfy his/her needs. We bought our cars to satisfy ours. The cars had depreciated enough by the time we bought it. So we paid whatever we had to and that was that.

Just FYI, wasn't ever trying to compare any car with mine or had an intention of saying mine is better to a another because as a motorhead i love other cars as well... infact I dream of buying a mark ii for my father one day instead of buying him a presea... just wanted to know the price the presea was back then to see if there were any market fluctuations throughout the time, just for my knowledge, not to walk one or two steps higher by hearing the result... I didn't sell my left testicle either to buy this and don't have an intention of selling this either no matter what market price it will be, years down the line... the only factor i was comparing it to was the price and nothing else :) the reason i took the mark ii as an example because its initial price was 3.3 back then and comparing it to a price now, its is a huge difference so thought of finding out the value a presea was... in the same manner i wanted to know who built the presea, his name, where he lives, not because it matters to me or not because im gonna go meet him, but because i like to know every bit of information of it... same with the price factor.. every bit of information counts to me not only the factors you pointed out... man to man, what they see, what they wanna know or what they wanna feel differ.. and even if the results/answers for the question i seek for is negative i would still love my ride :)

Just FYI, wasn't ever trying to compare any car with mine or had an intention of saying mine is better to a another because as a motorhead i love other cars as well... infact I dream of buying a mark ii for my father one day instead of buying him a presea... just wanted to know the price the presea was back then to see if there were any market fluctuations throughout the time, just for my knowledge, not to walk one or two steps higher by hearing the result... I didn't sell my left testicle either to buy this and don't have an intention of selling this either no matter what market price it will be, years down the line... the only factor i was comparing it to was the price and nothing else :) the reason i took the mark ii as an example because its initial price was 3.3 back then and comparing it to a price now, its is a huge difference so thought of finding out the value a presea was... in the same manner i wanted to know who built the presea, his name, where he lives, not because it matters to me or not because im gonna go meet him, but because i like to know every bit of information of it... same with the price factor.. every bit of information counts to me not only the factors you pointed out... man to man, what they see, what they wanna know or what they wanna feel differ.. and even if the results/answers for the question i seek for is negative i would still love my ride :)

I'm not judging you. Just didn't like a fellow petrolhead beginning to sound like a typical car buyer.

As for depreciation, well, it's been discussed here enough and more times. You should already know how that works.

I've come to realise that buying the cars that we buy requires a certain lunacy that the typical car buyer "don't get". At times, I'm thankful to the guys who think the world of the cars with the winker mirrors, push button start and touch A/C. They tend to leave alone the interesting cars we adore.

I'm not judging you. Just didn't like a fellow petrolhead beginning to sound like a typical car buyer.

As for depreciation, well, it's been discussed here enough and more times. You should already know how that works.

I've come to realise that buying the cars that we buy requires a certain lunacy that the typical car buyer "don't get". At times, I'm thankful to the guys who think the world of the cars with the winker mirrors, push button start and touch A/C. They tend to leave alone the interesting cars we adore.

Yeah agree with you, im glad that we happened to be lunatics too :D