• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

Or you can go real Loco if you like, I can give you (read, Sell :)) a set of awesome 17 inch 4 stud rims from my old P11... :)

I think its just me that most of the alloy wheels does not catch me... there is only 1 type of alloy I always liked and that's the star shaped alloy like this one... I know most of you won't agree with me on this, but as per my perception sometimes alloys doesnt look decent for me.... im attached to the rim cups I guess... I know a guy who has a presea and has put 17" size tyres and it looks very ugly when looking from the front and behind- it doesnt look decent...

This one I like though...

rbdExeL.jpg

And these are my current rim cups... somewhat similar to my taste...

Kh3DsNN.jpg

Thanks charlie :) since i bought this car i thought not to change the rims into alloys, as I like the design of the rim cups and want to keep it original... so thought of keeping the rim cups the way it is... However, I'm looking for 1 rim cup coz one of the rims are a bit scratched... hard to find the same nissan rim cup... :/

You can always get them painted. All four of my hubcaps had scratches and some were very deep. Got them painted while painting the new doors and they look brand new now.

Before

Front one was badly damaged.

DSC00103_zps75a1cecb.jpg

After

01_zps6rvfmbyd.jpg

02_zpst1ajt6sc.jpg

• Like 1

You can always get them painted. All four of my hubcaps had scratches and some were very deep. Got them painted while painting the new doors and they look brand new now.

Before

DSC00103_zps75a1cecb.jpg

After

01_zps6rvfmbyd.jpg

02_zpst1ajt6sc.jpg

Nice ride you got there trinity :)

From where did you get it painted? (silver colour yeah?)

and how much did it cost for all 4 rims?

My paint place quoted me 4k to paint all 4 rims...

Nice ride you got there trinity :)

From where did you get it painted? (silver colour yeah?)

and how much did it cost for all 4 rims?

My paint place quoted me 4k to paint all 4 rims...

Thanks machan,

Got it painted from a paint shop named "The Garage". It is located in kalutara (I believe It is too far for you). I didnt specifically asked how much. They painted my doors when i swapped the originals for doors with power windows. This was kinda complementary.

4k for 4 caps is neither expensive nor cheap. Ask them to do all 4 for 3k. :)

• Like 1

I'd go with Trinity's idea of getting them painted and maybe swap them out for a set of alloys that you would actually like.

I don't think alloys would take anything away from the car's originality, but it definitely is a matter of taste. Get a good set (not the crappy ones that are sold at every junction) and not only they will look good, you save some weight, gain a bit more handling and don't have to worry about rusting rims!

• Like 2

I think its just me that most of the alloy wheels does not catch me... there is only 1 type of alloy I always liked and that's the star shaped alloy like this one... I know most of you won't agree with me on this, but as per my perception sometimes alloys doesnt look decent for me.... im attached to the rim cups I guess... I know a guy who has a presea and has put 17" size tyres and it looks very ugly when looking from the front and behind- it doesnt look decent...

rbdExeL.jpg

Kh3DsNN.jpg

No offence mate,but the current one sucks.you need new shoes for d car..

Seriously mate, new shoes and that exhaust tip,

It will give her that enthusiast maintained look setting her apart from the rest, so you won't be ruining anything

besides you can always preserve the old wheels

• Like 1

rbdExeL.jpg

Kh3DsNN.jpg

what are her wheel specs, 5 stud or 4 stud?

+1 for alloys!

Before

After

That goes for you too trinity! :)

+1 for alloys!

That goes for you too trinity! :)

I know, I know,,, what can i say, had to prioritize other commitments over this. Anyway my current set of tires are almost at the end of its life span. Idea is to change the wheels with the tires and go for 17s. Need some advice on this thought. Will contact you on mail over viber for it later.

And also I tried aligning my headlights and couldnt do it, so without making damage id rather go to a place where they will align.... mag city quoted me 850 bucks.. woah... anyone know any good place who does it lesser than that in the route of welisara->wattala->peliyagoda->townhall->maradana->colpetty->bamba->havelocks?

else kelaniya area also would be fine....

Any place ya"ll know to get 2 Nissan mud guards?

The wordings 'Nissan' in my current back side mud guards are gone away whilst the front remains the same, so i guess I wanna change those... any cheap place to get those?

Buy a small tin of white paint and paint them yourself. All you have to do is use a flat sponge, dip it slightly in the paint and just dab the NISSAN lettering with it. Pretty easy. 10 minute job.

• Like 1

And also I tried aligning my headlights and couldnt do it, so without making damage id rather go to a place where they will align.... mag city quoted me 850 bucks.. woah... anyone know any good place who does it lesser than that in the route of welisara->wattala->peliyagoda->townhall->maradana->colpetty->bamba->havelocks?

else kelaniya area also would be fine....

You should have a two screws on the headlight that you can rotate. There were two of those on my headlights and I thought they were not supposed to be turned since both were too tight. Once I put the nightbreakers, turned them on, popped the hood and gave one of those puppies a few turns and lo and behold beam started going up and down.

Followed the instructions at

by Eric the Car Guy and now the headlight aim looks pretty good. Eric's instructions are for a Honda but the general idea should apply nevertheless.
  • Like 1

You should have a two screws on the headlight that you can rotate. There were two of those on my headlights and I thought they were not supposed to be turned since both were too tight. Once I put the nightbreakers, turned them on, popped the hood and gave one of those puppies a few turns and lo and behold beam started going up and down.

Followed the instructions at

by Eric the Car Guy and now the headlight aim looks pretty good. Eric's instructions are for a Honda but the general idea should apply nevertheless.

Ah ok thanks I will check... actually i tried to do it myself and found out that I cannot seem to turn those screws no matter how hard i tried, so i was having this fear that i will break of the screw :D

Buy a small tin of white paint and paint them yourself. All you have to do is use a flat sponge, dip it slightly in the paint and just dab the NISSAN lettering with it. Pretty easy. 10 minute job.

Thanks davy, yeah I will try that out :)

So today I stopped to pump fuel and as soon as I opened the out cover, the lid dropped off... the guy there told that the previously pumped place (who billed me 29k too) has not tightened the lid properly and was just losely fitted there there without turning and fitting it tight... what sort of things can happen when the lid is losely fitted? can this lead to problems in the future?

Edited by PreseaLover

So today I stopped to pump fuel and as soon as I opened the out cover, the lid dropped off... the guy there told that the previously pumped place (who billed me 29k too) has not tightened the lid properly and was just losely fitted there there without turning and fitting it tight... what sort of things can happen when the lid is losely fitted? can this lead to problems in the future?

At most an improperly tightened gas cap will trigger a check engine light if your ECU is paranoid, otherwise there's nothing to worry about.

I have a similar question - My regular fuel pump guy always forgets to stop refuelling after pump auto cuts off - He just keeps pumping till the bill comes to a "rawum gaanak" Does this affect the vehicle in any way?

The auto cut off is the very first fail-safe to prevent spillage. Depending on the vehicle, you can pump anything from 2 to 5 liters more if you want a full tank to the brim. It's more accurate this way if you're a stickler on measuring consumption at every top up.

And to your question; there is no harm in rounding up the figure. I do it all the time.

• Like 1