• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

I seriously can't recall any disease which allows to drive AUTO but not a MANUAL.gear shifting is considered as light work.

And since we don't know the real reason behind your decision, as a petrolhead, I find it's stupid decision unless there's an absolute reason behind.

We had similar gentlemen here in autolanka 6-7 years back, who sold his astina and finding for automatic one.after all of the bashing he revealed that he had a STROKE.

I don't think that it's possible for you to have one considering the age.

In a nutshell.

That's a bad choice of you

Why the f**k did you sell it if it's so rare? If you're not in sound physical and mental health you should not be driving a vehicle. Please take a bus or ask someone to drive you around. You're a public safety hazard.

mental health - very stable and sound

physical health - without the left leg, or the left leg getting engaged in driving, everything is fine...

so that is why i had to find a different alternative so that an auto transmission might help...rare true, but sold it coz i have no choice..

@PL. I'm not surprised that you sold the car, knowing what it is like to drive a car with a nagging back problem. I too had to resort to a similar course of action sometime back. However, your Presea fetish and the post laminectomy syndrome thing will not go together very well. So until you sort out the health issue find a car or even a van for that matter which can provides better lumber support. A car with bucket seats is definitely not for you.

• Like 2

@PL. I'm not surprised that you sold the car, knowing what it is like to drive a car with a nagging back problem. I too had to resort to a similar course of action sometime back. However, your Presea fetish and the post laminectomy syndrome thing will not go together very well. So until you sort out the health issue find a car or even a van for that matter which can provides better lumber support. A car with bucket seats is definitely not for you.

yeah what you are saying is true... I think im gonna lay low for a few weeks/months until i get prob sorted before I start driving again... thanks for the advice mate :)

I think he should just use Uber from now on... :)

Save us the drama

mental health - very stable and sound

physical health - without the left leg, or the left leg getting engaged in driving, everything is fine...

so that is why i had to find a different alternative so that an auto transmission might help...rare true, but sold it coz i have no choice..

If you are not a able bodied person you need to be certified by an authorized medical practitioner that you are capable of handling an automobile.

Please refrain from putting other road users and pedestrians at risk.

• Like 1

I think you are a broker.... created a hype over a mundane car and made a quick buck... taking the poor gullible mutts who jizzed in their pants along for a great ride.

Or is this Cali's new AL profile?

Saw how Muditha also sold his carina gt all of a sudden. It was up for sale few months back afaik.

I second what Rumesh said, do your homework and make sure the next car you buy won't worsen your back problem. And do open a thread and share your ownership experience with your new ride - or keep this thread updated. I for one really enjoyed reading all your adventures with the Presea... :) I really hope you would do the same with whatever the car you buy next... Don't hesitate to express how you feel about your ride. Whatever you do, please don't let this thread die. Even of you end up buying a maruti 800!

Edited by Jor-el
  • Like 1

I seriously can't recall any disease which allows to drive AUTO but not a MANUAL.gear shifting is considered as light work.

And since we don't know the real reason behind your decision, as a petrolhead, I find it's stupid decision unless there's an absolute reason behind.

We had similar gentlemen here in autolanka 6-7 years back, who sold his astina and finding for automatic one.after all of the bashing he revealed that he had a STROKE.

I don't think that it's possible for you to have one considering the age.

In a nutshell.

That's a bad choice of you

I know said gentleman and said car. I even took the pics of the car to put in the classifieds. He passed away a few years ago. And he was quite young. Age isn't a factor in these health conditions.

And quite frankly, I disagree with you on the clutch thing too. Depends on the car. Even my dad sold our J44 and I now have an automatic transmission jeep coz he was finding it hard to work the clutch in that. Coz 6 hours of climbing winding hill roads in a J44 ain't no joke even for me.

probably the most unexpected load of horseshit "car love" I've seen :D There are guys have longer relationships with their favorite prostitute than this...

In the end it's not that different from any other car-broker who buys a car polishes the headlights and paint and sells it off to the next chump who waves some peacocks in the seller's face.

So much for all your bullshit stories of how much you love that thing... LOL!!

Well that was a fukin waste of time...

Future topics to look forward to

• Cefiro stalking thread
  • I love Cefiro thread
  • I wanna have babies with my Cefiro thread
  • Girls who drive Cefiros
  • Good locations to photograph Cefiro
  • I sold the Cefiro

People do things outta passion all the time that can't be sustained in the long run. Sometimes have to cut your losses and move on. The online bashing on things you don't know about is NOT required.

Never thought this day would come so fast, but when the time comes we have to let go..... No I'm not kidding.... I sold my car today :)

Had a pretty good reason for it and it was a quick decision I made... advertised it 4 days back and today sold it for a good offer too....

What do I do next... yes, my next movie is once again find a good presea... an AUTO transmission this time.. and a white one or a black one... not going for a silver or mettalic colour...

as a backup plan im also eyeing for a WHITE Cefiro - S TOURING... the only concern in the cefiro is the resale value, which will also be very hard to sell I hear... but I guess I will have a hard time figuring out if I should really go for this... but these 2 are the only cars in my mind... I guess, its gonna be one hell of a ride once again finding the presea....

2 days back I found a new white presea driven near my house and I did the thing on it which I was born to do... it was a lady owner so I made her an offer she can't refuse but guess what, she refused and told she dont wanna sell her car.. 2 owner one it was... realized luck aint in my side, so id rather have a backup car as well...

it was a very sad moment today to see it going away... anyway I guess that's life...

so if you guys come across a white or a black presea, (auto) you know the drill :)

What? You did what? lol ! I guess its true when people say: Everything has a price! And at the right price EVERYTHING is for sale!!

After all you went through to buy it I totally didn't see that coming! I figured you'd want to keep that car for a while!

However Pericles implies above, I guess you don't have to justify your actions nor should we be quick to judge...but the comments above are pretty funny man! :D

Oh and if you've got back pain getting an autobox with electrically adjustable heated seat is the way to go. (You can also get heating pads / seating backs that you plug into the cigarette lighter if finding a heated seat proves to be too restrictive)

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

probably the most unexpected load of horseshit "car love" I've seen :D There are guys have longer relationships with their favorite prostitute than this...

lol !!! Gotta love a good vesi reference first thing in the morning! :D

Edited by Kavvz

Well that was a fukin waste of time...

Future topics to look forward to

• Cefiro stalking thread
  • I love Cefiro thread
  • I wanna have babies with my Cefiro thread
  • Girls who drive Cefiros
  • Good locations to photograph Cefiro
  • I sold the Cefiro

Literally laughed out aloud at that lot. Oh boy! :D

I second what Rumesh said, do your homework and make sure the next car you buy won't worsen your back problem. And do open a thread and share your ownership experience with your new ride - or keep this thread updated. I for one really enjoyed reading all your adventures with the Presea... :) I really hope you would do the same with whatever the car you buy next... Don't hesitate to express how you feel about your ride. Whatever you do, please don't let this thread die. Even of you end up buying a maruti 800!

Thanks Joe :) Will do :)

Oh and if you've got back pain getting an autobox with electrically adjustable heated seat is the way to go. (You can also get heating pads / seating backs that you plug into the cigarette lighter if finding a heated seat proves to be too restrictive)

Oh I never thought about it, the heating pads... but will check it out too and see how it works :)

Never thought this day would come so fast, but when the time comes we have to let go..... No I'm not kidding.... I sold my car today :)

Had a pretty good reason for it and it was a quick decision I made... advertised it 4 days back and today sold it for a good offer too....

What do I do next... yes, my next movie is once again find a good presea... an AUTO transmission this time.. and a white one or a black one... not going for a silver or mettalic colour...

as a backup plan im also eyeing for a WHITE Cefiro - S TOURING... the only concern in the cefiro is the resale value, which will also be very hard to sell I hear... but I guess I will have a hard time figuring out if I should really go for this... but these 2 are the only cars in my mind... I guess, its gonna be one hell of a ride once again finding the presea....

2 days back I found a new white presea driven near my house and I did the thing on it which I was born to do... it was a lady owner so I made her an offer she can't refuse but guess what, she refused and told she dont wanna sell her car.. 2 owner one it was... realized luck aint in my side, so id rather have a backup car as well...

it was a very sad moment today to see it going away... anyway I guess that's life...

so if you guys come across a white or a black presea, (auto) you know the drill :)

Did you unzip your pants and threeaten to put her off men for life?

Thanks Joe :) Will do :)

Oh I never thought about it, the heating pads... but will check it out too and see how it works :)

As I recently found out after a recent injury, while heat pads / heated seats are useful at first; you'll need to gradually stretch out your back and strengthen your core for a long term solution. How did you end up hurting your back?

As I recently found out after a recent injury, while heat pads / heated seats are useful at first; you'll need to gradually stretch out your back and strengthen your core for a long term solution. How did you end up hurting your back?

Yes you are right, these days that's what im doing, trying to strengthen the back...

this happened 11 years ago, I used to play cricket and I got a small spine ache, and I was given a pill... I got addicted to it and overdosed and kept on playing for 1 like 1 and half years until i got 2 slip disks and was partially paralyzed and then in 2006 I did the surgery and removed 2 disks in my spine.. the doc said however it cannot be totally cured and one day I'm gonna suffer the after effects of it coz surgery was the last resort... and here we go...I should check out if there are heating coresets.... how did you end up with an injury?

Yes you are right, these days that's what im doing, trying to strengthen the back...

this happened 11 years ago, I used to play cricket and I got a small spine ache, and I was given a pill... I got addicted to it and overdosed and kept on playing for 1 like 1 and half years until i got 2 slip disks and was partially paralyzed and then in 2006 I did the surgery and removed 2 disks in my spine.. the doc said however it cannot be totally cured and one day I'm gonna suffer the after effects of it coz surgery was the last resort... and here we go...I should check out if there are heating coresets.... how did you end up with an injury?

Holy crap! Your situation sounds complicated.

I was going suggest you take some personal training sessions and checkout some Pilates classes or get some basic pilates instruction (which is what I did with great success) but my situation sounds like a walk in the park compared to yours.

I just merely twisted my latissimus dorsiad which caused my back to stiffen up around L2. I had only about a week of difficulty walking with only 2-3 months of recovery time plus I only needed medication the first day I got hurt. After that it was just heat and stretching with a physiotherapist as I mentioned.

I didn't find any heated back supports but did end up getting a heated pad that I slipped under my back during the first few weeks which helped considerably. But surely you have all that as well as a good back brace as you had surgery?

I was also taught how to sleep so I supported my back better, but again probably all old news to you considering that you've probably had more physiotherapy than I did. But again kinda weird as the first thing my physiotherapist did was show me how to use a heating pad effectively

Sorry to hear about your situation. PM me if you want help on heating pads, back-braces etc. I could send you some links to the pilates stretches I was taught as well but again, its probably all old news to you as you've been dealing with this for a while...

Holy crap! Your situation sounds complicated.

I was going suggest you take some personal training sessions and checkout some Pilates classes or get some basic pilates instruction (which is what I did with great success) but my situation sounds like a walk in the park compared to yours.

I just merely twisted my latissimus dorsiad which caused my back to stiffen up around L2. I had only about a week of difficulty walking with only 2-3 months of recovery time plus I only needed medication the first day I got hurt. After that it was just heat and stretching with a physiotherapist as I mentioned.

I didn't find any heated back supports but did end up getting a heated pad that I slipped under my back during the first few weeks which helped considerably. But surely you have all that as well as a good back brace as you had surgery?

I was also taught how to sleep so I supported my back better, but again probably all old news to you considering that you've probably had more physiotherapy than I did. But again kinda weird as the first thing my physiotherapist did was show me how to use a heating pad effectively

Sorry to hear about your situation. PM me if you want help on heating pads, back-braces etc. I could send you some links to the pilates stretches I was taught as well but again, its probably all old news to you as you've been dealing with this for a while...

Yeah I wear the back brace too... yeah did all that, and still no cure or loss of pain... I too have a seperate hard bed and I sleep without a pillow... Yeah will PM you regarding the heating pads :)

Yeah I wear the back brace too... yeah did all that, and still no cure or loss of pain... I too have a seperate hard bed and I sleep without a pillow... Yeah will PM you regarding the heating pads :)

Huh? I was told NOT to sleep without a pillow or on a hard surface that didn't offer support to the curve of the spine? (I was instead told to sleep on a more supportive foam mattress with a pillow under my feet, and small pillows from a baby's crib under my back and between my legs so as to support and isolate my lower back better?)