• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

For heavens sake, stop creating duplicate threads!!! and bumping up old threads.

You need to wait a bit for people to help you. This is not an on demand service, and its possible people do not know the answer to your question.

This is also NOT a car finder service, and its forbidden in the forum to promote a car not advertisied in the autolanka classifieds.

OP me of a 14 year old me when I ran into this gorgeous girl and was frantic to find where she lived and her phone number...

Edited by matroska

OP me of a 14 year old me when I ran into this gorgeous girl and was frantic to find where she lived and her phone number...

Yeah I can sense his desparation. But when looking for a specific model, you need to be patient. :) He started opening threads left right and center which is a headache for us...

So what is the story behind you want a Presea that is so specific ? > 1998 and nothing else ? White ? MT ? Only thing you haven't been specific about is the engine (which, lets be honest, is what most motor heads mention) and interior color.

• Like 1

Ok this may sound stupid, but i cant help myself.... when i was 12 years, I was going in the front seat with my dad in his car...we saw a nissan presea then, it was so gorgeous with the frameless windows and all... it was a black one as i remember... i made a vow to myself that day that Im going to own a presea when im 25 and it was my dream car all along... never wanted to buy anything else apart from this or a BMW, but we all know, even the richest cant maintain it so presea is my destined car haha..... ... so i turned 25 last month and this is the year of it :)... now lets get to the specifics.... White is because white outshines all the other colours in the night and highlights the car.. unlike a dark colour...manual is because i like the thrill of driving manuals and im afraid of the gear box issues of auto's and also auto fuel consumtion is high.... 98 and above is because the REFINA model which means the model with crystal lights, front buffer, iluminating dashboard, touch AC all came in the refina model which came after 98 and also english numbers came after 98 in the presea series... the interior is all the same, dark colour or brown unless its a special edition (then it comes in baidge interior which i very much love, but seldom you can find it)...and the engine of course its a 1500cc in all preseas and 1 or 2 in the country has a 1800... so these are the details guys :)

Edited by PreseaLover

Ok this may sound stupid, but i cant help myself....

Nothing stupid about it...almost all car guys I know have some sort of tale about a car. You just need to be patient and not get your panties in a twist and buy any P.O.S that comes along that is white and MT. Considering its age it is going to be difficult to find a decent shape car and even then you are going to have to spend some on repairs and fixing up. So be patient and all the best :D

Nothing stupid about it...almost all car guys I know have some sort of tale about a car. You just need to be patient and not get your panties in a twist and buy any P.O.S that comes along that is white and MT. Considering its age it is going to be difficult to find a decent shape car and even then you are going to have to spend some on repairs and fixing up. So be patient and all the best :D

Thank you so much :D yeah, I'm very cautious about it...actually I found a white manual which is in good condition and the interior is leather baidge colour and teak interior and for a reasonable price, and it was a limited edition 1998 model too.... but I did not buy it because it had 8 owners :) a presea going for 8 owners is ubelievable coz most presea owners i came across are either 2nd or 3rd and max 4th... so yeah as you said il be patient... will let you guys know when i get my one :D thanks alot for the support :)

Ok this may sound stupid, but i cant help myself.... when i was 12 years, I was going in the front seat with my dad in his car...we saw a nissan presea then, it was so gorgeous with the frameless windows and all... it was a black one as i remember... i made a vow to myself that day that Im going to own a presea when im 25 and it was my dream car all along... never wanted to buy anything else apart from this or a BMW, but we all know, even the richest cant maintain it so presea is my destined car haha..... ... so i turned 25 last month and this is the year of it :)... now lets get to the specifics.... White is because white outshines all the other colours in the night and highlights the car.. unlike a dark colour...manual is because i like the thrill of driving manuals and im afraid of the gear box issues of auto's and also auto fuel consumtion is high.... 98 and above is because the REFINA model which means the model with crystal lights, front buffer, iluminating dashboard, touch AC all came in the refina model which came after 98 and also english numbers came after 98 in the presea series... the interior is all the same, dark colour or brown unless its a special edition (then it comes in baidge interior which i very much love, but seldom you can find it)...and the engine of course its a 1500cc in all preseas and 1 or 2 in the country has a 1800... so these are the details guys :)

Just FYI, "Even the richest can't maintain a BMW" is a very uniformed thing to say, there are plenty of people who are not at all "Rich" who run BMWs without any problems (quite a few on the forums in fact). If that is really what you think the idea of something like a Jag probably scares you shitless.

Just FYI, "Even the richest can't maintain a BMW" is a very uniformed thing to say, there are plenty of people who are not at all "Rich" who run BMWs without any problems (quite a few on the forums in fact). If that is really what you think the idea of something like a Jag probably scares you shitless.

Ah well, I just stated what I have heard :) btw, how do you quote certain stuff underneath your post? Eg: "Currently Piloting:1993 Toyota Hilux 2.8D - Pretty much a family heirloom now; 20 years, 475,000 + Kilometers and counting".... ?

Thank you so much :D yeah, I'm very cautious about it...actually I found a white manual which is in good condition and the interior is leather baidge colour and teak interior and for a reasonable price, and it was a limited edition 1998 model too.... but I did not buy it because it had 8 owners :) a presea going for 8 owners is ubelievable coz most presea owners i came across are either 2nd or 3rd and max 4th... so yeah as you said il be patient... will let you guys know when i get my one :D thanks alot for the support :)

dude it doesn't really matter if a car has had 8 or 28 owners as long as it is in good shape overall.

dude it doesn't really matter if a car has had 8 or 28 owners as long as it is in good shape overall.

There could be a flipside to that coin.... I mean, if a car has some issue, and if the buyers do not identify it when purchasing, it maybe sold iteratively to many, one after the other yes?

Ah well, I just stated what I have heard :) btw, how do you quote certain stuff underneath your post? Eg: "Currently Piloting:1993 Toyota Hilux 2.8D - Pretty much a family heirloom now; 20 years, 475,000 + Kilometers and counting".... ?

Thats the main problem with the car market in SL these days, people "stating what they have heard" without even bothering to see if there is any truth in there

There could be a flipside to that coin.... I mean, if a car has some issue, and if the buyers do not identify it when purchasing, it maybe sold iteratively to many, one after the other yes?

That is why it is always important to get a vehicle checked out properly before you buy it.

Even if the car has 8 owners and if you could buy it for a bargain why not do a full restoration with a engine overhaul? The car will be good as new. And you would never know the feeling you get after a full restoration project.. To add more there are many in the forum who has very good technical knowledge and they will help you and advice you (as time permits) step by step with the restoration.

Even if the car has 8 owners and if you could buy it for a bargain why not do a full restoration with a engine overhaul? The car will be good as new. And you would never know the feeling you get after a full restoration project.. To add more there are many in the forum who has very good technical knowledge and they will help you and advice you (as time permits) step by step with the restoration.

I respectfully disagree:

Just because a car is old it doesn't always need a full restoration. And for someone who hasn't really spent a lot of time in garages getting the run around or restored a car before it might be too much of a project to take on. Plus if one doesn't know what to watch out for its possible the garage owner will take you for a long expensive ride.

(Read through the 510 Datsun restoration thread and consider some of the concerns raised for an idea of how one can get cheated and not even know it. For a newbie like me THAT thread has made it evident that restoring a car takes a fair bit of knowledge and preparation. One can't just show up with the car, a suitcase full of money and a list of deliverables expecting the mechanics / garage owners to deliver a beautifully restored car at the end of the contracted period. It just doesn't work that way...)

• Like 1

I respectfully disagree:

Just because a car is old it doesn't always need a full restoration. And for someone who hasn't really spent a lot of time in garages getting the run around or restored a car before it might be too much of a project to take on. Plus if one doesn't know what to watch out for its possible the garage owner will take you for a long expensive ride.

(Read through the 510 Datsun restoration thread and consider some of the concerns raised for an idea of how one can get cheated and not even know it. For a newbie like me THAT thread has made it evident that restoring a car takes a fair bit of knowledge and preparation. One can't just show up with the car, a suitcase full of money and a list of deliverables expecting the mechanics / garage owners to deliver a beautifully restored car at the end of the contracted period. It just doesn't work that way...)

Yes I agree sir.. May be he could do the regular repair work properly if any repair comes with the Presia would be the best for now i guess right?

Yes I agree sir.. May be he could do the regular repair work properly if any repair comes with the Presia would be the best for now i guess right?

Yeap, that's what I would do too. (But please don't call me Sir - you can reserve that for your father-in-law ;) )

I'd buy it and then just repair stuff as the issues come up. Unlike the OP though, when buying, I'd look at a all Presea's available without focusing too much on the colour or whether it was a manual or auto. As its a pretty niche car, narrowing the pool of potential vehicles to purchase like that, is probably going to mean that one will be stuck without much choice when it comes to making a decision.

Edited by Kavvz

Yeap, that's what I would do too. (But please don't call me Sir - you can reserve that for your father-in-law ;) )

I'd buy it and then just repair stuff as the issues come up. Unlike the OP though, when buying, I'd look at a all Presea's available without focusing too much on the colour or whether it was a manual or auto. As its a pretty niche car, narrowing the pool of potential vehicles to purchase like that, is probably going to mean that one will be stuck without much choice when it comes to making a decision.

You are absolutely right.... I'm learning a lot from you guys :) thanks for the info :)

Dear admins.., there was a white manual listed in autolanka last october-november period... However, when i called them the car was already sold... It was a 98 model, G or J number from Kalutara.. I had saved the number but i have deleted it when i checked now... So is it possible that ya"ll could get this number for me as it might be there in your old records, so that i could call them and ask for the new owners number and ask if he is willing to sell? :)

haha, while the passion and determination is admirable, the OP is heading towards "stalker" territory now :D

And you said that you wanted a Presea OR a BMW. Do you realize that you could probably buy a BMW of the same age or a few years older for the same price?

:)

Haha yeah I know... Well yes back then when i was a kid i wanted a bmw, but since 2 years back i made up the desicion that im going ahead with the presea... Once i make a decision i find it really hard to change :/ well talk about it...stalking is an understatement haha.. I live in Negambo road, so every morning i see a White presea- refina passing my bus hault..so once day i decided to follow it to its end destination and ask the driver if he is selling it..so one day i went there 15 minutes early and made a deal with a trishaw driver to follow this car.. We did and at the wattala highway exchange we went parallel to the car and made him stop... I told the driver that im interested in his car and if he will sell it..he said 14laks and he will give ig but it was an AUTO :( so the chase was a waste..i forgot to note down the number of it...and i saw this same car again in colombo another day and didnt realize it so i followed it again from another tuk tuk and when i was going to stop it i realized it that it was the same car.... Facepalm right? Lol

Haha yeah I know... Well yes back then when i was a kid i wanted a bmw, but since 2 years back i made up the desicion that im going ahead with the presea... Once i make a decision i find it really hard to change :/ well talk about it...stalking is an understatement haha.. I live in Negambo road, so every morning i see a White presea- refina passing my bus hault..so once day i decided to follow it to its end destination and ask the driver if he is selling it..so one day i went there 15 minutes early and made a deal with a trishaw driver to follow this car.. We did and at the wattala highway exchange we went parallel to the car and made him stop... I told the driver that im interested in his car and if he will sell it..he said 14laks and he will give ig but it was an AUTO :( so the chase was a waste..i forgot to note down the number of it...and i saw this same car again in colombo another day and didnt realize it so i followed it again from another tuk tuk and when i was going to stop it i realized it that it was the same car.... Facepalm right? Lol

Dude, thats a little creepy...........................