• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

The rear refina? That's not a sticker, those are badges :D

If you are talking about the side sticker near the rear door, it has a different font that the trunk refina font... it seems like its out of place but it's the way it is actually...

It was hard to paste them anyway, it sticks on the hand :s

Really ? The following is from a scan from a catalog..and it is mounted straight....granted that seems more like a badge than a sticker...and a pre-facelift (facelift..)

presea1997-3-c2.jpg

Really ? The following is from a scan from a catalog..and it is mounted straight....granted that seems more like a badge than a sticker...and a pre-facelift (facelift..)

presea1997-3-c2.jpg

Ah no no I wasn't talking about it being pasted straight,.. I thought NRX was saying the letters pasted seperately looks out of place (which is the font which looks as if the letters are out of place)... I have pasted the entire "refina" sticker in a 45 degrees manner coz, its very hard to paste it straight, the sticker sticks on the hand and if i try to paste it straight i would fail, so pasted it the way it is now... when i bought the car, this badge you are talking was not a badge nor a sticker, it was done with LACQUER...Since its hard to lacquer the font after the new paint, I made a sticker for the side and went with the badges for the rear... :)

with regards to facelifts, yeah the CT2 came with 2 shells... your picture is the first shell (95 model), and then came another bumber lip with the 96,97 ct2's and then finally the refina buffer... even though the one in your picture has a refina sticker, its not a refina, its a 95 model ct2... some ct2 had a side sticker named refina, and no one knows why.. only the crystal light models are known to be refina's...

Well done! Any before and after pics?

don't have any pics before, coz right away i put it to the paint after buying.. but during the painting process and the whole restoration process I took pics.. thought of putting it to the restoration blog and share it..

waiting for a photographer to agree with me to do a shoot coz in my phone camera, the curves and details cannot be seen much... :D

If Pericles is free for a shoot in any location, I'd be happy to do so :D

However, there is one thing which I haven't figured out yet... the right tail light, i had previously had a bit of mist after a wash... I thought there must be a leak in the tail light so I bought a new tail light and replaced.. but then again after the wash, even in the new tail light the mist is there... so i assume, the light should be sealed properly maybe after fitting and nothings wrong with the lights?.. coz when i look from above, the left tail light has a sealant kind of thing which water won't go in , whereas in the leaky side, water can directly penetrate in.. so anyone can suggest a good place for me to get it properly sealed or do something where water wont go in? (Somewhere around boralesgamuwa, werahera, pepiliyana or kohuwala would be preferred) :)

However, there is one thing which I haven't figured out yet... the right tail light, i had previously had a bit of mist after a wash... I thought there must be a leak in the tail light so I bought a new tail light and replaced.. but then again after the wash, even in the new tail light the mist is there... so i assume, the light should be sealed properly maybe after fitting and nothings wrong with the lights?.. coz when i look from above, the left tail light has a sealant kind of thing which water won't go in , whereas in the leaky side, water can directly penetrate in.. so anyone can suggest a good place for me to get it properly sealed or do something where water wont go in? (Somewhere around boralesgamuwa, werahera, pepiliyana or kohuwala would be preferred) :)

Buy a tube of gasket maker (you can get one to match the colour of the border - I assume it's black). Apply a very thin layer and wipe the excess sealer off and let it dry. That should seal off the light.

• Like 1

The rear refina? That's not a sticker, those are badges :D

If you are talking about the side sticker near the rear door, it has a different font that the trunk refina font... it seems like its out of place but it's the way it is actually...

It was hard to paste them anyway, it sticks on the hand :s

The method to paste stickers like this is to first create a soap water solution (mix some car wash/shampoo with water) and spray it on the body where the sticker is to be pasted. Next, peel off the sticker and paste it on the body (yes, on top of the soap water). The soapy water on the body will allow you to slide the sticker on the body and position it exactly as you want it to. After the sticker is in place, you can remove air bubbles if necessary using an old credit card. Once the soap water dries up, the adhesive behind the sticker will stick to the body. The soap water prevents the sticker from sticking to your fingers as well.

• Like 1

The method to paste stickers like this is to first create a soap water solution (mix some car wash/shampoo with water) and spray it on the body where the sticker is to be pasted. Next, peel off the sticker and paste it on the body (yes, on top of the soap water). The soapy water on the body will allow you to slide the sticker on the body and position it exactly as you want it to. After the sticker is in place, you can remove air bubbles if necessary using an old credit card. Once the soap water dries up, the adhesive behind the sticker will stick to the body. The soap water prevents the sticker from sticking to your fingers as well.

Ohh great thanks a lot davy! :)

Ok so as requested by many, here are the pics of my New Presea... :) bought this in january and did a full restoration (both interior and exterior) and replaced all faded parts with new parts etc... The restoration steps and everything, I will update in my restoration blog and will post the link one's proper pics are taken from a good camera.. This is a 99 model, 2003 imported one with auto transmission.. Restoration completed today!

kH6oy5B.jpg

Congrats bro! Awesome ride, but that meter cluster needs some modifications.

Congrats bro! Awesome ride, but that meter cluster needs some modifications.

thanks machan :) what sort of?

I'd like to keep it original as possible though... that illuminating indigo dash is unique to preseas, where you can reduce and increase the bluish-ness (brightness rather) of the odometer which I like so much :smilie_liebe9:

Isn't this the same method used to tint the glasses as well?

Congrats on your project and car looks really great !!! :)

I would like to add some point to Davy's method of pasting stickers.

(1) First get the sticker design cut.

(2) Then peel-off the unnecessary off-cut area from the back-paper of the sticker (leave only the final letters on back- paper which you wish to paste)

(3) Get a masking tape (white paper tapes which use in house painting and they are freely available at any hardware shop) and paste on the sticker, to cover the entire sticker.

(4) Peel-off the back-paper of the sticker.

(5) Then follow Davy''s soap method to paste the sticker to car body and align the sticker properly.

(6) Leave sometime to dry up the sticker.

(7) Carefully peel-off masking tape.

Then all sticker letters will be pasted on the car body same as they were in your original design and no need to align letters one by one.

I am sure if you can re-paste those stickers in proper way, you will get original looking back. But sometimes you may need a new set of stickers or better to take it to any sticker guy to remove the sticker carefully, if possible.

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera
  • Like 2

with regards to facelifts, yeah the CT2 came with 2 shells... your picture is the first shell (95 model), and then came another bumber lip with the 96,97 ct2's and then finally the refina buffer... even though the one in your picture has a refina sticker, its not a refina, its a 95 model ct2... some ct2 had a side sticker named refina, and no one knows why.. only the crystal light models are known to be refina's...

Well...considering that the picture was taken from a Presea catalog...I tend to go with what the catalog suggests than the local Presea fanboys' deductions :sport-smiley-004:

What is a Refina buffer anyway ?

(sorry just that in the past the VZ-R boys were completely clueless and so are some of the Honda and Toyota fanboys...so..yeah)

Congrats on your project and car looks really great !!! :)

I would like to add some point to Davy's method of pasting stickers.

(1) First get the sticker design cut.

(2) Then peel-off the unnecessary off-cut area from the back-paper of the sticker (leave only the final letters on back- paper which you wish to paste)

(3) Get a masking tape (white paper tapes which use in house painting and they are freely available at any hardware shop) and paste on the sticker, to cover the entire sticker.

(4) Peel-off the back-paper of the sticker.

(5) Then follow Davy''s soap method to paste the sticker to car body and align the sticker properly.

(6) Leave sometime to dry up the sticker.

(7) Carefully peel-off masking tape.

Then all sticker letters will be pasted on the car body same as they were in your original design and no need to align letters one by one.

I am sure if you can re-paste those stickers in proper way, you will get original looking back. But sometimes you may need a new set of stickers or better to take it to any sticker guy to remove the sticker carefully, if possible.

Ah great, thanks sampath :)

Well...considering that the picture was taken from a Presea catalog...I tend to go with what the catalog suggests than the local Presea fanboys' deductions :sport-smiley-004:

What is a Refina buffer anyway ?

(sorry just that in the past the VZ-R boys were completely clueless and so are some of the Honda and Toyota fanboys...so..yeah)

No its not the fanboys deductions :P as you can clearly see, the rear light is not crystal.. which means its a CT2... Refina's are the one's that came with crystals :D

Anyway even though the refina sticker is from the side, in the rear, there is a CT2 badge and not the refina badge, which means its a CT2.. Refinas came with Refina badges in the rear like mine...

And a refina buffer is the buffer you can see in my car pic... if the GRILL under the bonnet is not divided into 2 parts (U shape) that means its a refina like mine.. if its divided into 2 parts (H shape) that means its a ct2..

Edited by PreseaLover

presea1997-3-c2.jpg

No its not the fanboys deductions :P as you can clearly see, the rear light is not crystal.. which means its a CT2... Refina's are the one's that came with crystals :D

Anyway even though the refina sticker is from the side, in the rear, there is a CT2 badge and not the refina badge, which means its a CT2.. Refinas came with Refina badges in the rear like mine...

And a refina buffer is the buffer you can see in my car pic... if the GRILL under the bonnet is not divided into 2 parts (U shape) that means its a refina like mine.. if its divided into 2 parts (H shape) that means its a ct2..

What is Refina exactly? Does Refina has some sub trim levels? In iRage's catalogue it says "Ct.II Refina". Does it go with any dealer option?

output_990=%20001.gif

Edited by Sampath Gunasekera

and I rest my case about the fan boys being misinformed !

I did some reading on the Presea just now and it is contradictory to what you are saying :) According to the documents...even the pre-facelift has Refina as a sub grades, thus the Refina badge was not put on the rear lid and what was there was Ct. <something>. In fact the pure Refina line up came with the face lift where the base grade was E and then had Refina <some letter> (apparently). Anyway....even the non crystal lights and double bumper lip theory does not hold.

And again dude ! That picture is from a Nissan Presea catalog where they call it Ct...Refina. So what you are insinuating is that you know better than all of Nissan regarding their own car ?

Edited by iRage
  • Like 1

What is Refina exactly? Does Refina has some sub trim levels? In iRage's catalogue it says "Ct.II Refina". Does it go with any dealer option?

output_990=%20001.gif

and I rest my case about the fan boys being misinformed !

I did some reading on the Presea just now and it is contradictory to what you are saying :) According to the documents...even the pre-facelift has Refina as a sub grades, thus the Refina badge was not put on the rear lid. In fact the pure Refina line up came with the face lift where the base grade was E and then had Refina <some letter> (apparently). Anyway....even the non crystal lights and double bumper lip theory does not hold.

And again dude ! That picture is from a Nissan Presea catalog where they call it Ct...Refina. So what you are insinuating is that you know better than all of Nissan regarding their own car ?

Hmm... I don't know man, as far as I know, from what I have read and heard.... I rest my case too coz I don't know 100% :P but since you have found some info, there must be another clasification to the grades... but yes there are Refina, Refina F, Refina L, and Refina S.... my previous car was Refina F, which has only limited features... Refina S is what comes with 1.8l and 2.0l... Refina L is just another grade which has a normal 1.5l engine.. and Refina which is what I have now comes with additional features such as reading laps, sunshade mirrors. And also if you noticed mine has a rear wiper as well.. I have never seen a presea with a rear wiper in SL before... oh and also Refina S comes with fully loaded all 4 disk brakes as well... As I remember iRage you know about these trim levels better than me, as I learnt them from you back then RIGHT? ;)

Looking better than Brand new! The good old days when Japanese cars had personality than the Vessels and Priuss now flooding the streets,sigh..But great job for keeping a good looking car in showroom condition!

• Like 1