• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

I guess this is the longest thread dedicated to a car in Autolanka history. 29 pages!
From Nissan Presea : hunting, buying, loving, selling,.... again hunting, buying, painting, ....... etc.....

Also we are happily reading it. :P

Nope.. there are threads having over 40 pages (some over 60) dedicated to a single car.. But at this rate, this one has the potential to beat them all I guess..

You will be hearing more because I'm saving up for another Presea and do another restoration and keep the two cars... one day I will gift it to my wife which is the plan.. The next presea is going to be a different colour... few colours in my mind, have time to think what I'd go far.. out of them Midnight blue, Grey (which mudhitha painted his carina), or sky blue are what's in my mind... :)

Nope.. there are threads having over 40 pages (some over 60) dedicated to a single car.. But at this rate, this one has the potential to beat them all I guess..

Nope I mean except for build threads (like komi's teg thread)

"Bought not built" cars

How in God's name can an ordinary pen drop through the gap between the dashboard and the windscreen?

Anyway, if it fell in on the passenger side, take out the glove compartment and the you should be able to shine a light and get the pen and stuff out. If it's the other side, well you still can but requires more effort.

How in God's name can an ordinary pen drop through the gap between the dashboard and the windscreen?

Anyway, if it fell in on the passenger side, take out the glove compartment and the you should be able to shine a light and get the pen and stuff out. If it's the other side, well you still can but requires more effort.

No, as I said its not a complete pen that dropped... its the pipe of the pen only... and yes, you are right, its in the passenger side... :)

What kind of a windshield protector is this anyway?
I guess those silver reflector type ones that are used when parking under direct sunlight

This is the one... however this came with only 2 sticky knobs... I attached 6 sticky knobs so that it holds the windshield in all corners...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Prevent-Snow-Ice-Sun-Shade-Dust-Frost-Freezing-Car-Windshield-Cover-Protector-/371521272209?hash=item568064b991:g:6nIAAOSw95lXEdFC&vxp=mtr

yep inside...should it be hard to be effective? its like a cloth..

No not really its purpose is to reflect the suns heat and rays etc, so a cloth might work just as the harder ones. But I find the harder one is easier to keep in place, just use the sun visors to hold it in place and off you go.

No not really its purpose is to reflect the suns heat and rays etc, so a cloth might work just as the harder ones. But I find the harder one is easier to keep in place, just use the sun visors to hold it in place and off you go.

Ok so I'm using two windscreen protectors now for more protection... the one you see which is attached to the windscreen is the one I bought.. and the one you see below it, (the white one) is the one I used before... now im keeping both and hope it will help....

JkgDayW.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
guys, im looking for a presea these days . Any thing over 300-

Maximum budget around 15k

Better if it is an auto with climate control AC

Any information?

First of all welcome to the forum :)

For 15 laks you can get a english number... PM your number and keep, if I get any info I will update you..

these days presea's are not to be seen for sale much.. so you have to be very patient, it will take few weeks, months to get your hands on a good presea.. the goal should be is to find a presea with good body condition... keep an eye on the quick site very often.. one of my other friend is also looking for a presea and there was a one advertised which was in good condition... the car sold in less than 2 hours by the time my friend got there.. anyway I will also be checking that site every other hour or so, hence will keep you posted and good luck :)

Ok so I'm using two windscreen protectors now for more protection... the one you see which is attached to the windscreen is the one I bought.. and the one you see below it, (the white one) is the one I used before... now im keeping both and hope it will help....

JkgDayW.jpg

The cloth one looks like its hanging from here and there, not fully covering the windshield. The harder one will cover about 95% of the windshield if placed properly.

The cloth one looks like its hanging from here and there, not fully covering the windshield. The harder one will cover about 95% of the windshield if placed properly.

I know its hard to place it correctly machan, I have to stretch myself to the edge to place it properly, which I cant do with my spine...

First of all welcome to the forum :)

For 15 laks you can get a english number... PM your number and keep, if I get any info I will update you..

these days presea's are not to be seen for sale much.. so you have to be very patient, it will take few weeks, months to get your hands on a good presea.. the goal should be is to find a presea with good body condition... keep an eye on the quick site very often.. one of my other friend is also looking for a presea and there was a one advertised which was in good condition... the car sold in less than 2 hours by the time my friend got there.. anyway I will also be checking that site every other hour or so, hence will keep you posted and good luck :)

thank you very much bro. sent a PM

• 2 weeks later...

Folks I'm having a small leak in the power steering hoses... However the mechanic said either to replace the hose with a brand new hose or to mend the horse form a place he recommended... He said a brand new hose will cost around 14k whereas mending the hose will cost 4.7k just for the hose and for the total job a 6k... with 1 year warranty and I will have no issue for the lifetime again he said... I havent visited this mechanic before and its the first time.. Just want to know if these figures are reasonable or is this a potential rip off... However the mechanic is located in werahera (Kossinawatta Road in case any of you recommend him as well)

1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

guys do you know anywhere where I can find a presea poster like this image?

Found this hung in the wall of a garage, and im keen on looking for a presea poster too... ebay doesnt have...

13619851_10153876334804200_9207723426510844545_n.jpg

Can't you just Google for a good photo, print it and frame it? Basically the same thing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

guys do you know anywhere where I can find a presea poster like this image? Found this hung in the wall of a garage, and im keen on looking for a presea poster too... ebay doesnt have...

Just print and frame one of these: http://www.favcars.com/nissan/nissan-preseahttp://auto-database.com/nissan/presea/

Machan, why don't you print a photo of your own car? That'll definitely look better than any poster image out there :D 

16 minutes ago, Vengeance said:

Just print and frame one of these: http://www.favcars.com/nissan/nissan-preseahttp://auto-database.com/nissan/presea/

Machan, why don't you print a photo of your own car? That'll definitely look better than any poster image out there :D 

Good idea.. :D but I havent got the chance to get some good pics from a good camera in a good location yet :/ 

1 hour ago, Davy said:

Can't you just Google for a good photo, print it and frame it? Basically the same thing. 

you have a point, but then our conscious knows its not a real poster that was published by Nissan, so it wouldn't be original yeah? :/ those antique look, in the cameras they used to shoot this pics and locations add it to the scene than taking newer pics, isnt it?