• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

12 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

you have a point, but then our conscious knows its not a real poster that was published by Nissan, so it wouldn't be original yeah? :/ those antique look, in the cameras they used to shoot this pics and locations add it to the scene than taking newer pics, isnt it?

lol !! You need a poster of the Presea published by NISSAN to be happy? Makes me wanna laugh. But then again: You put fanboys to shame with your love for the Nissan Presea.... Well as long as you're happy, I guess! Good for you- you crazy bugger!

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Kavvz said:

lol !! You need a poster of the Presea published by NISSAN to be happy? Makes me wanna laugh. But then again: You put fanboys to shame with your love for the Nissan Presea.... Well as long as you're happy, I guess! Good for you- you crazy bugger!

the closest I found for what im looking for is this :)

This is the kinda picture I wanna take, in a location like this if im going to take a pic of my car...but i dont have a good cam.. and the effects and picture should look old and retro like this since this goes back to 1999... not sure if we can get the 15 years older camera effect like this in new cameras.. this pic resolution is 960*540

d5d97a8s-960.jpg

17 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

the closest I found for what im looking for is this :)

This is the kinda picture I wanna take, in a location like this if im going to take a pic of my car...but i dont have a good cam.. and the effects and picture should look old and retro like this since this goes back to 1999... not sure if we can get the 15 years older camera effect like this in new cameras.. this pic resolution is 960*540

Well there's a bunch of individuals on the forum with nice semipro / prograde cameras (but  I think the Pericles already said he'd be able help you out with regards to that anyway?). As for making the picture look retro there's lots of filters that will do that for you. I use Adobe's lightroom and its got lots of preset filters which you can adjust to your liking manually. - I'm sure Pericles will know all about it, but if you need help let me know, else just download the program yourself off a torrent and have at it...

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Well there's a bunch of individuals on the forum with nice semipro / prograde cameras (but  I think the Pericles already said he'd be able help you out with regards to that anyway?). As for making the picture look retro there's lots of filters that will do that for you. I use Adobe's lightroom and its got lots of preset filters which you can adjust to your liking manually. - I'm sure Pericles will know all about it, but if you need help let me know, else just download the program yourself off a torrent and have at it...

Yep, as I remember pericles said he is a bit busy the last time, I think it was just after I finished my restoration..

2 minutes ago, Pericles said:

Sure we can find a time, just the issue of me coordinating on the forums is tricky. I visit work twice a month if you wanna do in that area.

Yep true the time is the problem... me finding a free time during weekdays is also hard.. anyway will let you know, thanks :)

OK guys, Bought a Presea . well, im a bit late. actually we purchased it on Saturday. anyway here are the photos

9OXCQGr.jpg

YCvYXSN.jpg

tOh5dIP.jpg

onkk4n1.jpg

OeRjA7W.jpg

Well i need a little help. I need to Find a rear presea Badge ( A Badge) a CT 2 badge not a refina one & the ct 2 badge

where can i get these. please let me know if you know a place

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ucakila said:

OK guys, Bought a Presea . well, im a bit late. actually we purchased it on Saturday. anyway here are the photos

9OXCQGr.jpg

YCvYXSN.jpg

tOh5dIP.jpg

onkk4n1.jpg

OeRjA7W.jpg

Well i need a little help. I need to Find a rear presea Badge ( A Badge) a CT 2 badge not a refina one & the ct 2 badge

where can i get these. please let me know if you know a place

that colour <3

first time im seeing this colour in sri lanka... is it light blue?

congratz mate! seems like in good condition..

9 hours ago, ghostwriter said:

can someone please give a link where I can find the difference between the Presea CT11 (1999) and the Refina models? I tried searching on the internet but couldn't find a proper description. thank you. 

there is no link where you can find the difference as such so let me give you an explanation...

all the presea's that were manufactured after 1997 October comes as REFINA... There were no CT2's made after 97-october... however in sri lanka 98% of the refina's are from 1998-2000 period... from 1995-1997 october came the CT2... Refina is the crystal light version and CT2 doesnt have crystal lights - both front and rear... if you see a car in sri lanka that says ct2 in a badge and have crystal light that means the dude has upgraded the lights into crystal.... also in the refina the front bufffer is different to ct2...the CT2 car grille is also different... if you see an H shaped grille that means its a CT2.... and if you see a U shaped grille it is a refina.... also in Refina you got the digital meter board whereas in ct2, you dont have a digital one. Also in refina, in the meter board the name PRESEA is being stamped whereas in CT2 you dont get the name Presea carved on it...

sometimes you will see CT2's with refina badge near the rear window.... still those are CT2's...

those are the only differences of ct2 and refina.... so as an answer to your question, there is no 1999 model which is a ct2.. if the book says 1999 and if the badge is ct2 and and lights are not crystal that means the owner has degraded the lights and the badge.. probably has knocked his rear and when buying the lights must have bought the non crystal lights coz its cheap.. found one fellow who did that actually... 

and when it comes to REFINA there are more grades... REFINA, REFINA F, L and S.... there are no S trims in sri lanka... i dont know i havent seen... some say there were one or 2 back then... F is the low option version... my earlier car was an F.. it didnt have vanity mirrors, reading lamps etc... The Refina and the Refina L has those options,. my current car is Refina.. hope i answered your question... these things have been discussed earlier also in this thread.., i think iRage gave a good explanation about these as well... anyway if you have any questions shoot...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PreseaLover said:

there is no link where you can find the difference as such so let me give you an explanation...

all the presea's that were manufactured after 1997 October comes as REFINA... There were no CT2's made after 97-october... however in sri lanka 98% of the refina's are from 1998-2000 period... from 1995-1997 october came the CT2... Refina is the crystal light version and CT2 doesnt have crystal lights - both front and rear... if you see a car in sri lanka that says ct2 in a badge and have crystal light that means the dude has upgraded the lights into crystal.... also in the refina the front bufffer is different to ct2...the CT2 car grille is also different... if you see an H shaped grille that means its a CT2.... and if you see a U shaped grille it is a refina.... also in Refina you got the digital meter board whereas in ct2, you dont have a digital one. Also in refina, in the meter board the name PRESEA is being stamped whereas in CT2 you dont get the name Presea carved on it...

sometimes you will see CT2's with refina badge near the rear window.... still those are CT2's...

those are the only differences of ct2 and refina.... so as an answer to your question, there is no 1999 model which is a ct2.. if the book says 1999 and if the badge is ct2 and and lights are not crystal that means the owner has degraded the lights and the badge.. probably has knocked his rear and when buying the lights must have bought the non crystal lights coz its cheap.. found one fellow who did that actually... 

and when it comes to REFINA there are more grades... REFINA, REFINA F, L and S.... there are no S trims in sri lanka... i dont know i havent seen... some say there were one or 2 back then... F is the low option version... my earlier car was an F.. it didnt have vanity mirrors, reading lamps etc... The Refina and the Refina L has those options,. my current car is Refina.. hope i answered your question... these things have been discussed earlier also in this thread.., i think iRage gave a good explanation about these as well... anyway if you have any questions shoot...

wow. thanks man thats a comprehensive answer. I came across a Presea with the CT2 badge and from the look of it I think its just a CT2 but the owner says its 1999 version. My guess is it may have been manufactured before 1997 but registered in 1999 and that the owner keeps saying the YOR as the YOM. it was a 301 blue/ green colour one with Manual trans. I am yet to check it out. thanks again for the long answer :) 

Edited by ghostwriter

15 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

that colour <3

first time im seeing this colour in sri lanka... is it light blue?

congratz mate! seems like in good condition..

yep thats light blues ( slightly greenish) 

and yes the conditions seems good

Edited by ucakila
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Actually out CT2 does have those vanity mirrors and reading lamps

Also, refina s came with a basic A/C but CT2 s came with a climate control A/C ( im not very sure about this , may be there are refina s with climate control A/C)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ucakila said:

Actually out CT2 does have those vanity mirrors and reading lamps

Also, refina s came with a basic A/C but CT2 s came with a climate control A/C ( im not very sure about this , may be there are refina s with climate control A/C)

oh yes i missed the climate control ac point... you are correct about it. refina's doesnt have climate control, they come with touch ac.. and yes some ct2's do have vanity mirrors and reading lamps...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

oh yes i missed the climate control ac point... you are correct about it. refina's doesnt have climate control, they come with touch ac.. and yes some ct2's do have vanity mirrors and reading lamps...

But why refinas didnt came with climate control. Were there any faults

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ucakila said:

But why refinas didnt came with climate control. Were there any faults

As far as I know there were no any faults... its the way that Refina's were build... maybe the manufacturer wanted to give a different experience in options of the higher grade... for an example the Seat material/Design of a CT2 and a REFINA is different... The original rim cups of a ct2 and refina are different.. and also I think the windows are also different but im not sure about it... are your shutters UV cut? (see if you have an imprinted sticker in your right side rear shutter as 'UV Cut' ?)... so likewise there are many different options changed with the version upgrade... the only manufacturing fault I know in the presea is that, sometimes these tree leaves fall onto the air conditioning outer panel and comes through straight into the cabin filter and when the inner fan circulates, it knocks on the fan and gives a sound... had this experience in my previous presea too...

Edited by PreseaLover
  • Like 1

Ok so I created a new post in my blog regarding the information about Presea's that are not stated in the internet.. So if a newbie whoever wants to know about the presea or gain knowledge can simply look at it... Not sure if I have missed anything, in such case please let me know :) here is the link...

https://presealover.wordpress.com/2016/02/01/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-presea-r11/

• Like 1

I found a good pic for the poster.. exactly the type i was looking for through a website... but the resolution of it is too small for a poster... 500*375 is the size... so in order to make a big poster i should find a high resolution pic yeah? or is there anyway where I could get a higher resolution pic of this same image?....below is the image...

presea1995-1-c3.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Need some advice :)

After I apply brakes, and very slowly accelerate or dont accelerate at all, I get humming noise after releasing the brakes.. sometimes the noise is bigger, I feel in from under my door... However if I accelerate fast I dont hear that noise... its like a squeeky humming noise (like a horn hunking from faraway)... and also not everytime i apply brakes and accelerate this noise comes...like 75% of the time only this comes when accelerating slow... 

apart from that, when I press on the brake paddle I get a different squeey noise like "creeeeeek" and that noise only at the moment I apply brakes... this noise was there from a long time though.. but the other noise after releasing the brake came recently.

what would be the cause for this issue? 

2 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Hi guys,

Need some advice :)

After I apply brakes, and very slowly accelerate or dont accelerate at all, I get humming noise after releasing the brakes.. sometimes the noise is bigger, I feel in from under my door... However if I accelerate fast I dont hear that noise... its like a squeeky humming noise (like a horn hunking from faraway)... and also not everytime i apply brakes and accelerate this noise comes...like 75% of the time only this comes when accelerating slow... 

apart from that, when I press on the brake paddle I get a different squeey noise like "creeeeeek" and that noise only at the moment I apply brakes... this noise was there from a long time though.. but the other noise after releasing the brake came recently.

what would be the cause for this issue? 

Sounds like worn out brake pads

23 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

I thought so too, and like a month back the mechanic said the brake pads are in good condition though and can be used some more... 

Maybe your mechanic is waiting till every bit of it is worn out, I would rather change the pads than get the disc cut

• Like 1