• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

On 9/18/2016 at 0:00 PM, PreseaLover said:

Hi guys,

Need some advice :)

After I apply brakes, and very slowly accelerate or dont accelerate at all, I get humming noise after releasing the brakes.. sometimes the noise is bigger, I feel in from under my door... However if I accelerate fast I dont hear that noise... its like a squeeky humming noise (like a horn hunking from faraway)... and also not everytime i apply brakes and accelerate this noise comes...like 75% of the time only this comes when accelerating slow... 

apart from that, when I press on the brake paddle I get a different squeey noise like "creeeeeek" and that noise only at the moment I apply brakes... this noise was there from a long time though.. but the other noise after releasing the brake came recently.

what would be the cause for this issue? 

Sounds like a sticking caliper. Could be due to a badly lubricated caliper slide pin or because the piston itself it stuck. Should be pretty easy to check if this is the issue.

Get your brake pads inspected as others have mentioned.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Hi Guys... I repaired my rack 2 months ago.. and ever since, the steering wheel has been tight to steer... Is there anything I could do to bring it back to that light steering again?

Quite normal after the rack has been machined. It might loosen up a bit with time, but not to how it was originally. The only thing you could do to restore it is to install a new rack IMO. 

• 2 months later...

Hi Folks.. need some advice. 

Since of late my A/C doesnt give much of a cold air... There are 4 levels in the A/C.. Usually I use the first level only cuz previously it was very cold.. so lately I have been using upto the 2nd level and for 2 days I suddenly noticed that my heat meter has gone closer to the H level. Then I switched off the blower and the A/C and after 3 minutes the heat meter came back to the Mid point, to where it always were. I then switched on the A/C again and put it to the first level and within 2 minutes time the heat meter again went closer to the H level.. I use coolant, and the limit doesnt reduce much.. For the last two weeks, the coolant level hasnt gone down at all. at cold start I check, 1 fan is working.. the other fan should work only when its heated right? didnt check if the other fan is also working when its heated though..

Here's a pic of the Heat meter... What do you think is the problem here?

IMG_3120.JPG

16 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

Since of late my A/C doesnt give much of a cold air... There are 4 levels in the A/C.. Usually I use the first level only cuz previously it was very cold.. so lately I have been using upto the 2nd level and for 2 days I suddenly noticed that my heat meter has gone closer to the H level. Then I switched off the blower and the A/C and after 3 minutes the heat meter came back to the Mid point, to where it always were. I then switched on the A/C again and put it to the first level and within 2 minutes time the heat meter again went closer to the H level.. I use coolant, and the limit doesnt reduce much.. For the last two weeks, the coolant level hasnt gone down at all. at cold start I check, 1 fan is working.. the other fan should work only when its heated right? didnt check if the other fan is also working when its heated though..

Probably fans not working. Start the car, switch on the AC and check if both fans are working. Both should work when the AC is switched on regardless of whether the engine temperature has reached operating temperature or not.

1 minute ago, Davy said:

Probably fans not working. Start the car, switch on the AC and check if both fans are working. Both should work when the AC is switched on regardless of whether the engine temperature has reached operating temperature or not.

oh is that so.. i did.. only 1 fan is working... so that means a fan should be replaced.. thanks davy

1 minute ago, PreseaLover said:

oh is that so.. i did.. only 1 fan is working... so that means a fan should be replaced.. thanks davy

Not really. You need to check if the fan control module is working properly if there is one. Then check the fans and make sure both are working in low and high speeds (they should be dual speed).

Some fan motors are not sealed and can be repaired if you're into a bit of DIY. They're simple brushed motors.

1 minute ago, Davy said:

Not really. You need to check if the fan control module is working properly if there is one. Then check the fans and make sure both are working in low and high speeds (they should be dual speed).

Some fan motors are not sealed and can be repaired if you're into a bit of DIY. They're simple brushed motors.

ohh okay, thanks :)

4 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Nothing is wrong with your A/c  :grinning-smiley-003:

The begining of head aches,.. good it was noticed before something blew,..one fan is dead,..get it looked at asap,! the one working fan is able to maintain the operating temp with the A/c off,..

Edited by Twin Turbo

8 hours ago, Davy said:

8 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Nothing is wrong with your A/c  :grinning-smiley-003:

The begining of head aches,.. good it was noticed before something blew,..one fan is dead,..get it looked at asap,! the one working fan is able to maintain the operating temp with the A/c off,..

ok so I went to an A/C place and when the fellow tapped the joint of the non working fan it worked, and then after few seconds it stopped again.. he tapped again and same scenario happened and he said that means the FAN is gone and to replace the fan.. is it alright to run a few days without the A/C on? they said they have reconditioned fans and those are around 4000 bucks.. 

Good, can you pl explain, 'joint'

is it the wiring connector to the fan? a pic will be appreciated.

Warning,.. the more you run the car with a simi working cooling system the greater the risk of causing more damages to the engine,..

Great care you must take.

Edited by Twin Turbo

9 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

ok so I went to an A/C place and when the fellow tapped the joint of the non working fan it worked, and then after few seconds it stopped again.. he tapped again and same scenario happened and he said that means the FAN is gone and to replace the fan.. is it alright to run a few days without the A/C on? they said they have reconditioned fans and those are around 4000 bucks.. 

Typical behaviour of  worn out brushes in the fan motor. If it isn't a sealed motor, you can get it repaired although most people don't bother. The "reconditioned" motors they're trying to sell you are probably repaired ones too. Up to you. If you decide to replace the motor, bring the old one home. If it's not sealed, just give it to an auto electrician and get it serviced.

Running without AC on should be ok. But keep an eye on the temperature gauge and get the motor replaced/repaired as soon as possible. 

4 hours ago, Davy said:

Typical behaviour of  worn out brushes in the fan motor. If it isn't a sealed motor, you can get it repaired although most people don't bother. The "reconditioned" motors they're trying to sell you are probably repaired ones too. Up to you. If you decide to replace the motor, bring the old one home. If it's not sealed, just give it to an auto electrician and get it serviced.

Running without AC on should be ok. But keep an eye on the temperature gauge and get the motor replaced/repaired as soon as possible. 

Zlac in this forum has an extra motor itseems he got for his presea.. waiting until he comes back from his wedding week, so when he comes I can get it.. but I"ll also check with an auto electrician as well if it can be amended.. does anyone know any good auto electricians who can fix it? 

5 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Good, can you pl explain, 'joint'

is it the wiring connector to the fan? a pic will be appreciated.

Warning,.. the more you run the car with a simi working cooling system the greater the risk of causing more damages to the engine,..

Great care you must take.

its the place where the wiring fits the fan.. I told him how come the fan works when you hit the wire, then he said thats the way when the fans are malfunctioned.. will send a pic when i get back home.. these days going to work with a friend until i get it repaired cuz Great care will I take :D

13 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Suspect worn brushes. -since both fan turn on and run at the same speed, get he other one checked as well.:action-smiley-033:

Edited by Twin Turbo

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

People slam the door with all their effort everytime and this time the Red door parking light broke into pieces after a another bang :( Does anyone know where I can get a door light or any kind of a replacement to fix into this place shown in the pic? :( 

IMG_3209.JPG

Ebay is my bet! or a walk down Panchi and Delkanda might get you one!! take a sample from the other door!

2 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

no much presea parts in ebay :( I spoke to a few shops but they say they just cant give that piece, I need to buy the whole door. 

I guess you will have to wait till one turns up. Also try Yahoo Japan. Or a piece out of another model might also fit, because it looks like its a common shape!

13 minutes ago, fiat fan said:

I guess you will have to wait till one turns up. Also try Yahoo Japan. Or a piece out of another model might also fit, because it looks like its a common shape!

Every morning the first thing I do is check yahoo auctions and see what are the new parts added... that part is not there.. the closest I found was the fender lights, which is similar to this shape, but i dont know if this will fir here... here's the link: http://page7.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/g209904912

and found this as well.. not sure if the size fits... http://page21.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j426976822

Edited by PreseaLover

14 minutes ago, PreseaLover said:

no much presea parts in ebay :( I spoke to a few shops but they say they just cant give that piece, I need to buy the whole door. 

Well, you might be surprised at the rarity of the parts that some of these parts people carry. Managed to buy a pair of Super VR4 Headlights the other day from Taiyo. To put things in perspective, only about a 1000 Super VR4 were ever made. 

Hit me up if you want a contact there. I also managed to find an inner door handle for 1250. The last inner door handle I bought was from eBay Germany and paid around 5000 for that.