• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

I gad the exact comment Davy had (keeping the colour and the headlight cleaning). Looks like the wait paid off eh?

PS: if you don't mind me asking, is there a reason the owner delayed the sale from taking an advance to closing the deal?

Actually it was me who delayed it because it took me 5 days to get the loan approved :) I didn't apply for the loan until I find the best because I know this search is going to take time, so if i took the loan before, All these months I would have been settling the loan for a car I havent bought yet ;)

Oh and btw this car was not advertised for sale :D my father followed this car while he was driving back in February and asked if the owner would sell it... He has said he is not interested in selling yet, but have asked my dad's number and this month he called us... and he said 'His mind changed to sell it' and he believes that I destined to own this car due to the whole following and stopping the car thing which changed his mind to sell it.... An old gentlemen was using it and has used it very carefully... He is a good guy, he has changed the tires and have done a service also after I paid the advance and showed me the service records... true gentlemen he is :)

Moral Lesson: Following cars and stopping them to ask if the seller is hoping to sell it, works big time :P

Congrats. I hope u have fun with her. Might I suggest a polish and wax ?

So since u r not modifying her I guess there is no chance of convincing you to put some original wider alloys and perhaps dropping her a bit :)

Oh and btw this car was not advertised for sale :D my father followed this car while he was driving back in February and asked if the owner would sell it... He has said he is not interested in selling yet, but have asked my dad's number and this month he called us... and he said 'His mind changed to sell it' and he believes that I destined to own this car due to the whole following and stopping the car thing which changed his mind to sell it.... An old gentlemen was using it and has used it very carefully... He is a good guy, he has changed the tires and have done a service also after I paid the advance and showed me the service records... true gentlemen he is :)

Moral Lesson: Following cars and stopping them to ask if the seller is hoping to sell it, works big time :P

True love will triumph in the end. Enjoy your ride :)

• Like 1

Congrats. I hope u have fun with her. Might I suggest a polish and wax ?

So since u r not modifying her I guess there is no chance of convincing you to put some original wider alloys and perhaps dropping her a bit :)

The polishing is not needed because it was polished last year and also when i took it to a relations garage they said there is no need to polish either.. maybe my camera gives it a dark look, I think but it real it glows.....

Haha I always loved 5 star alloys, I already decided which alloys to put before i bought the presea, but these rim cups are original nissan presea cups so I like it soo much than putting alloys and its the original size 13 tyres as well, which i dont want to change to 14... the only modification I'm going to do is to put the original presea spoiler which i bought before buying the car :P its a coincidence that the spoiler I bought is of the same colour haha...

Btw, do you guys have old classic english cassette's at home? this car has a CD player and a Cassette player, and I want to use the cassette player too :D

Edited by PreseaLover

The polishing is not needed because it was polished last year and also when i took it to a relations garage they said there is no need to polish either.. maybe my camera gives it a dark look, I think but it real it glows.....

Haha I always loved 5 star alloys, I already decided which alloys to put before i bought the presea, but these rim cups are original nissan presea cups so I like it soo much than putting alloys and its the original size 13 tyres as well, which i dont want to change to 14... the only modification I'm going to do is to put the original presea spoiler which i bought before buying the car :P its a coincidence that the spoiler I bought is of the same colour haha...

Btw, do you guys have old classic english cassette's at home? this car has a CD player and a Cassette player, and I want to use the cassette player too :D

Congrats on the purchase mate :alc: , regarding modifications, not to worry, after a few months of use you'll be done with the "I ll keep her original" phase and start plotting modifications or improvements I should say rather, when that time hits keep the above ideas as a guide.

Also I'd like to add, why not do a projector headlight conversion / retrofit (definitely with projectors please!) with HIDs or newer CREE led globes while you are on the headlight restoration.

Good luck!

Congrats on the purchase mate :alc: , regarding modifications, not to worry, after a few months of use you'll be done with the "I ll keep her original" phase and start plotting modifications or improvements I should say rather, when that time hits keep the above ideas as a guide.

Also I'd like to add, why not do a projector headlight conversion / retrofit (definitely with projectors please!) with HIDs or newer CREE led globes while you are on the headlight restoration.

Good luck!

Well, sounds interesting... But actually i dont understand anything about headlight/ retrofit conversion.... care to elaborate more? Sorry im new to the automobile field :D

That's one heck of a story. For some odd reason, I too have noticed that older sellers tend to be more gentlemanly and honorable, rather than skim on repairs/maintenance when selling.

• Like 1

Good luck!

Well, sounds interesting... But actually i dont understand anything about headlight/ retrofit conversion.... care to elaborate more? Sorry im new to the automobile field :D

The process includes taking apart the entire headlights, and installing a projector in front of the bulb slot, and then fitting a decent HID kit for the lights. Looking at around 35,000/- or a bit more,

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/10250-hid-xenon-lights/page-9?hl=%20projector%20%20bara

Check the above post as well.

Btw, one of the fog lights aren't working whereas the other fog works... So I believe, I just have to replace the bulb yeah?

If that's the case, how am I to replace only the bulb? are those universal or are there specific presea fog bulbs? :)

You need to find out the bulb and holder type, ex: Hb4, H7 etc

Then replace the same, if it still doesn't light up, look into the wiring harness, holder etc

Another alternative for HIDs and all bulb needs are premium bulbs like Osram Nightbreakers and Philips Diamond Vision, (ebay quite resourceful for these)

• Like 1

The process includes taking apart the entire headlights, and installing a projector in front of the bulb slot, and then fitting a decent HID kit for the lights. Looking at around 35,000/- or a bit more,

http://forum.autolanka.com/topic/10250-hid-xenon-lights/page-9?hl=%20projector%20%20bara

Then replace the same, if it still doesn't light up, look into the wiring harness, holder etc

Another alternative for HIDs and all bulb needs are premium bulbs like Osram Nightbreakers and Philips Diamond Vision, (ebay quite resourceful for these)

Thank you :)

Btw, one of the fog lights aren't working whereas the other fog works... So I believe, I just have to replace the bulb yeah?

If that's the case, how am I to replace only the bulb? are those universal or are there specific presea fog bulbs? :)

You can use generic bulbs (there are no model specific bulbs.....) Just grab the bulb and head over to your auto parts store of choice. While you're at it; consider changing out your headlight / driving lights as well even if they still work. You'll be surprised at difference in brightness / light output when you put in new bulbs.

Congrats on your purchase. All the best.

Edited by Kavvz

Yeah I think both Schiffer and Magnum both experienced issues with HID kits. Might want to steer clear of them

I never mess with OEM light setups / systems either as most after market kits are crap. If they're are any good ones out there, then I don't know of them...

I never mess with OEM light setups / systems either as most after market kits are crap. If they're are any good ones out there, then I don't know of them...

I actually remember reading that none of the major manufacturers build HID kits and that the kits you see carrying names like Osram, merely use the brand-name bulb in their kit. The rest of the kit is from China or so which would explain the issues.

Edited by Hoonigan
  • Like 1

Correction. Philips Xtreme Vision. not the Diamond Vision :)

Edited by NRX

Well, Daym! Never replied to any of your threads thinking that PreseaLover is one of those trolls. Remember quite a few of them too. But man, glad to see that you've finally bought it. Just think twice before you share your Presea buying story with a potential girlfriend. Some of the stunts you did in your quest is borderline paranoid. :sport-smiley-004: But all in all man, really happy for you. Congrats on the purchase and enjoy your ride. :)

• Like 1

Stay away from the HIDs for your stock setup... all it will do is scatter the light, making you wish you had a torch and dazzle the oncoming drivers. Dangerous for everyone... and useless and lethal if you drive in the fog in the hills of Sri Lanka.

The stock headlamp system is fine as it is. If you want extra oomph, go for the Nightbreakers but make sure you don't use more than the wattage recommended.