• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

You can use generic bulbs (there are no model specific bulbs.....) Just grab the bulb and head over to your auto parts store of choice. While you're at it; consider changing out your headlight / driving lights as well even if they still work. You'll be surprised at difference in brightness / light output when you put in new bulbs.

Congrats on your purchase. All the best.

Thank you Kavvz :)

Well, Daym! Never replied to any of your threads thinking that PreseaLover is one of those trolls. Remember quite a few of them too. But man, glad to see that you've finally bought it. Just think twice before you share your Presea buying story with a potential girlfriend. Some of the stunts you did in your quest is borderline paranoid. :sport-smiley-004: But all in all man, really happy for you. Congrats on the purchase and enjoy your ride. :)

Why thank you Charlie :)

Yeah noted and would not utter a word... This adventure I went through is only between my close friends and you guys.... :D

Yeah I think both Schiffer and Magnum both experienced issues with HID kits. Might want to steer clear of them

You can use generic bulbs (there are no model specific bulbs.....) Just grab the bulb and head over to your auto parts store of choice. While you're at it; consider changing out your headlight / driving lights as well even if they still work. You'll be surprised at difference in brightness / light output when you put in new bulbs.

Congrats on your purchase. All the best.

I never mess with OEM light setups / systems either as most after market kits are crap. If they're are any good ones out there, then I don't know of them...
I actually remember reading that none of the major manufacturers build HID kits and that the kits you see carrying names like Osram, merely use the brand-name bulb in their kit. The rest of the kit is from China or so which would explain the issues.

Regarding HIDs, If installed properly with a projector which I elaborated before, would give a result similar or close to OEM, The HID kit I can recommend is Xentec, imported from US (not eBay), or a retrofit from OEM Toyota parts, so I'd say its not a disaster to venture, instead its a reasonable option to the one who is adventurous.

Also in terms of visibility, a branded bulb upgrade will definitely have results, but they are not comparable to HIDs, if thats what you are looking for.

I myself am considering investing on a set of these new CREE led bulbs, just for venturing newer waters; which has already thrown HIDs off the map.

As for those LKR5000-7500 HID retrofit kits, those are for the V*P light/ Posh "Threewheel" ignorant types, who don't know where the Dim switch is, they fit into the existing globes and do a damn good job of blinding everyone around and flickering at night and eventually dying off when you need it the most.

(Of course I know the forum members have duly noted the risk and removed it, due to our common interest in automobiles)

Correction. Philips Xtreme Vision. not the Diamond Vision :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-PHILIPS-DIAMOND-VISION-H7-5000K-55w-Registered-mail-/321738794079?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item4ae920645f

I was referring to this batch, :pardon:

These and nightbreakers, i've ordered plenty off eBay, all of them still work and much better than Koito and Stanley bulbs you get on the market.

Edited by tiv

Yeah I think both Schiffer and Magnum both experienced issues with HID kits. Might want to steer clear of them

Yes they are shit. i revert back to nomal halogen bulbs again for now using normal bulbs, but will get a pair of koito whitebeams later.

Hi guys.. so I bought the presea I dreamt of Yesterday...

NICakW3.jpg

Woowww..!! Congrats..That is a beauty my friend.. :action-smiley-033: As others said hope you will do a polish work and most of all keep that original look with out doing any mods. I guess others might be tempted to buy Presea after seen this..

It might be not nice to say this, I don't know why the hell previous owner sell this. The car looks really good.. Anyways wish you all the very best with this car mate.. :alc:

Woowww..!! Congrats..That is a beauty my friend.. :action-smiley-033: As others said hope you will do a polish work and most of all keep that original look with out doing any mods. I guess others might be tempted to buy Presea after seen this..

It might be not nice to say this, I don't know why the hell previous owner sell this. The car looks really good.. Anyways wish you all the very best with this car mate.. :alc:

Why thank you Kmeeg, I'm really flattered :) I will add more pics next week , the phone cam is not clear.... yes, not doing any modifications... not even removing the cassette player... just fixing the original presea spoiler because i already bought the spoiler before buying the car and did it cuz presea spoilers are never to be found (how i found the spoiler is another different stroy ;) )

The owner asked me why am I looking for a presea... I said it was my dream car since 12... then he said, im just like him cuz he used to own presea's since 1997 and showed me all the records of the presea's he owned since 1997... Maybe he will not buy a car again because he is 71 years old... as i said, this was not for sale, until my father saw this on the road and persuaded the driver to sell it :D

And thank you :)

Nice. You should post a side profile pic. How did you fix it ? Hope u used the proper gaskets/washers/sealants/etc., if not you might have leaks.

I didn't fix it myself.. One of my father's friend has a garage, and he did it for me... Yeah they took around 2 hours to complete it so I guess they used proper techniques, they are a reputed place... Have a side pic before fixing the spoiler but didnt take one after.... An official photographer is coming to do a photoshoot on sunday... ;) will post pics after that :D

yes, not doing any modifications... not even removing the cassette player...

1. Changing the headunit might not harm the look of you car i guess. It might give a better look. Also a good set of speakers which fits to original housing for speakers might be a good option too. Of cause it is important to go to a reputed place to get the job right and neat.

2. Adding new silencer cover might be a good option too. Please note i'm not talking about beat barrel.

1. Changing the headunit might not harm the look of you car i guess. It might give a better look. Also a good set of speakers which fits to original housing for speakers might be a good option too. Of cause it is important to go to a reputed place to get the job right and neat.

2. Adding new silencer cover might be a good option too. Please note i'm not talking about beat barrel.

Noted with thanks... I had a closer look today and you guys were right.. I think a polishing would be promising.... :)

I bought a universal wooden gear knob from ebay.. but it doesnt fit... i mean its loose and doesnt screw..... :(

I bought a universal wooden gear knob from ebay.. but it doesnt fit... i mean its loose and doesnt screw..... :(

Is it too loose to use sealing tape that we normally used for plumbing work? The thin white color tape..

Congratulations on your buy !!! :)

I've been following this thread but didn't bother commenting because I thought you were taking all of us for a ride. Now I realize that crazy people like you are in existence. Dude, this is one hell of a story. But I'm glad that your dream car is with you now. :) Hope you'll have a good time with her.

Edited by Sameera Gunasinghe

Is it too loose to use sealing tape that we normally used for plumbing work? The thin white color tape..

It's like this... It doesn't go down... I mean, when you screw, it goes down in a circular motion yes, but this doesnt seem to be going down... I didn't try with tape or anything, just tried putting in a piece of rolled paper, but it doesn't do the trick... but i believe there should be a way... Damn I wish you guys were around :P because with you guys, there is always a way to make the impossible, possible :D

It's like this... It doesn't go down... I mean, when you screw, it goes should go down in a circular motion yes, but this doesnt seem to be going down... I didn't try with tape or anything, just tried putting in a piece of rolled paper, but it doesn't do the trick... but i believe there should be a way... Damn I wish you guys were around :P because with you guys, there is always a way to make the impossible, possible :D

Congratulations on your buy !!! :)

I've been following this thread but didn't bother commenting because I thought you were taking all of us for a ride. Now I realize that crazy people like you are in existence. Dude, this is one hell of a story. But I'm glad that your dream car is with you now. :) Hope you'll have a good time with her.

Why thank you Sameera.. :) Like I said, this would have still been a dream, if these autolanka members didn't advice me... After few weeks of absorbing all the replies these guys made, the fact of finding a "Good condition presea, regardless of the mileage, colour, transmission etc." digested into my mind and this is the end result of it... Hence all gratitude and honor goes to these guys for helping me out :)

It's like this... It doesn't go down... I mean, when you screw, it goes should go down in a circular motion yes, but this doesnt seem to be going down... I didn't try with tape or anything, just tried putting in a piece of rolled paper, but it doesn't do the trick... but i believe there should be a way... Damn I wish you guys were around :P because with you guys, there is always a way to make the impossible, possible :D

Does the wooden gear knob add any value? It sounds like it needs to be widened slightly and the groove re cut into the knob. Either that or you are just doing it wrong :P

Does the wooden gear knob add any value? It sounds like it needs to be widened slightly and the groove re cut into the knob. Either that or you are just doing it wrong :P

Love the classiness of the wooden gear knob... it grips well ya know ;)

Haha I don't think im doing it wrong, i told a garage guy also to see if it fits but he said the same that it doesnt fit.. maybe il try telling someone else also to try, or maybe one day if one of you guys spot me on the road, do feel free to stop me and help me out with that... the gear knob is always there in the car to be fixed, safe and sound ;)

Love the classiness of the wooden gear knob... it grips well ya know ;)

Haha I don't think im doing it wrong, i told a garage guy also to see if it fits but he said the same that it doesnt fit.. maybe il try telling someone else also to try, or maybe one day if one of you guys spot me on the road, do feel free to stop me and help me out with that... the gear knob is always there in the car to be fixed, safe and sound ;)

I dunno man. While wooden might feel better, its the design of the gear shift knob that is more important than the material. Personally I feel wood is a little out of place in the plastic jungle that is the presea interior.

Since its wood, what you need to do is to apply a little bit of pressure from the top and slowly screw the knob in. If it is close to the correct size it will screw in. It will create a new path to the knob through the wood.

Its either that or the shift shaft has a different taper pattern to the inside of the knob or the attachment mechanism is different. Sometimes its not screw in.

Hi Guys.., Me, @Zlac and @chulanga are planning a Presea Meetup.... Just want to get some advises from you guys.... Where do you think is the best place/car park to have this meetup?.... And what's the procedure for that? :)

Btw, most of the presea owners doesn't know that there is a Sri Lankan Nissan Presea FB Group, so if there are anymore presea owners here, ya"ll can join this group.... :) -----> https://#####/8714044665/

If you have more presea friends, tell them too... :) Usually what do you guys do in car meetups? :)

I know this is a bit late, haven't been on the forums the last couple of days, but anyway congrats on the car, it looks lovely!

I'll be honest I thought you were a nutter as well and the only thing I was quite certain you'd end up getting is arrested because someone with a Presea would have complained about your stalker behaviour to the cops!

Now that you've finally got the car, I'm very happy your approach worked out for you in the end and it sure makes for a great story!

Best of luck with the car.

I know this is a bit late, haven't been on the forums the last couple of days, but anyway congrats on the car, it looks lovely!

I'll be honest I thought you were a nutter as well and the only thing I was quite certain you'd end up getting is arrested because someone with a Presea would have complained about your stalker behaviour to the cops!

Now that you've finally got the car, I'm very happy your approach worked out for you in the end and it sure makes for a great story!

Best of luck with the car.

Why thank you Supra :) yeah even i had the feeling that I'll be arrested very soon... but then again I wanted to leave no stone unturned.... it's still like a dream now, and when i think about the things i did to make this dream come true, i feel a lil embarassed coz of the multiple 'wanted' posts and all I have made but I guess every single bit of it was an experience and turned out well at the end... Thank you for your support :)