• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

Do was going through the Presea FB page came across some questions u had. Since I can't answer there:

1. Nismo badge on the grill. Yiu had a black presea in a comment and was wandering what that model was. Welk it is a normal R11 (no idea what grade or specs are) but that has a factory aero kit which was available through Nissan. The eye lids were third party options as Nissan didnt have them (80% sure about the lids).

2. Why they stopped production of the Presea.

It was a mixture of things. The lostcdecade did effect sales for cars ofvthat size but the more significant reason was that Nissan was broke. The Nissan Revival Plan (NRP) went about consolidating models and restructutring/repurposing manufacturing plants. The Murayama plant where the R11was manufactured got shut down (or changed/reopened as a parts factory or something). I guess Nissan didn't see it fit to keep the Presea as other models such as the Sylphy cwhich shared components could easily take its place.

• Like 1

Do was going through the Presea FB page came across some questions u had. Since I can't answer there:

1. Nismo badge on the grill. Yiu had a black presea in a comment and was wandering what that model was. Welk it is a normal R11 (no idea what grade or specs are) but that has a factory aero kit which was available through Nissan. The eye lids were third party options as Nissan didnt have them (80% sure about the lids).

2. Why they stopped production of the Presea.

It was a mixture of things. The lostcdecade did effect sales for cars ofvthat size but the more significant reason was that Nissan was broke. The Nissan Revival Plan (NRP) went about consolidating models and restructutring/repurposing manufacturing plants. The Murayama plant where the R11was manufactured got shut down (or changed/reopened as a parts factory or something). I guess Nissan didn't see it fit to keep the Presea as other models such as the Sylphy cwhich shared components could easily take its place.

Damn, this is a bit of information I never found via the internet... thank you for the info... In a way it is good that nissan stopped the presea production, so that it wont be compared with newer models and will not be degraded due to that..... And 10 years down the line, there will be a very few presea's running in good condition and we got to value and treasure to make it more highlighted..... :)

Btw, that black car, i thought it was a version of Nissan Silvia.... I heard from a friend that there is only 1 Nissan Silvia in Sri Lanka and not sure how accurate that fact is...

Not sure about the number of sylvias in the country. As for the black car, no it is a Presea. Sylvia came in only two door form. Looks same to what you posted. Not exactly the same though.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/smart/userid/501485/car/434474/1368653/photo.aspx

Damn, its nice... it's a presea 'CT S' 1800cc.... There are only few CT S' in the country that comes with 1800cc... its a 1995 model but looks gorgeous...

So there are S trims in SL ? Ever come across any Preseas with a SRxxDET dropped in ?

That car is apparently an A/T HR11 according to the owner's description. So its 2.0ltr with a SR20DE engine a

Also, some of the info I gave was from the internet. I guess the differemnce was I searched in Japanese.

Edited by iRage

So there are S trims in SL ? Ever come across any Preseas with a SRxxDET dropped in ?

That car is apparently an A/T HR11 according to the owner's description. So its 2.0ltr with a SR20DE engine a

Also, some of the info I gave was from the internet. I guess the differemnce was I searched in Japanese.

Ahhh I see... i know a guy who owned an 'S' he said it was 1800CC...apparently he had some financial issues and had to sell the car... he is searching for another presea CT S, now... he had owned 2 presea's before... he tell me that it did very well in fuel and hence the search for another CT S even though its not the latest..... yeah true i guess most 2lts engines were not brought to SL.... he said his one did 14km in city limit...unbelievable though... whereas mine does 11 in city, it being 1500cc... didnt try outstation yet...

Well. The Ct S came as both a PR11 (1800cc) and a HR11 (2000cc). So this guy's car would have been a 1800cc. Just that that car in the pic was a 2000cc and not that all S were 2000cc. I think after the S was retired the closest trim for it would be the Black Star.

• Like 1

Yep :)

The thing I still couldnt find was the differences between Refina, Refina F, Refina S, and Refina L..... Mine is a Refina F.... I checked in the internet where it differentiates these categories, but the info is all wrong and not accurate... Not sure if it's just the label or actually there are few changes depending on these F, L. S segregation...

Yep :)

The thing I still couldnt find was the differences between Refina, Refina F, Refina S, and Refina L..... Mine is a Refina F.... I checked in the internet where it differentiates these categories, but the info is all wrong and not accurate... Not sure if it's just the label or actually there are few changes depending on these F, L. S segregation...

Here this might help,

http://specs.amayama.com/nissan/presea/1997_8/

http://specs.amayama.com/nissan/presea/1998_10/

Yes, I already checked that last week... But the information there is wrong compared to the specs in the Sri Lankan refina grades I have come across.... There were few sites like this where they have explained about the many grades, and all of them contradicts each other... And none of them are accurate to what we actually have here in SL...

Yes, I already checked that last week... But the information there is wrong compared to the specs in the Sri Lankan refina grades I have come across.... There were few sites like this where they have explained about the many grades, and all of them contradicts each other... And none of them are accurate to what we actually have here in SL...

Amayama's specs are generally spot on, they took the data directly from the manufacturers if i remember correctly. The reason grades in SL are all over the place is probably because the actual badges on the cars are not the original ones they came with. Plenty of car sellers even today badge base models as higher spec models so they can sell them for more, most likely this happened with the Preseas as well.

Guys, is it ok if I open up a new thread to publicize the 'Nissan Presea Sri Lankan meetup' so that many here will know?

Asking first before doing it as I have got 2 warning points the very first day I joined here and do not want to have more warnings points again :D

About the grades and the options/accessories/features...it is quite common for dealers to offer seadonal/limited packages that include accessories,features, etc.. that are not offered in the standard options sheet for a specific grade (e.g. offer an accessory that is usually available on the highest grade on a lower grade). There won't be anyway to find out about such packages (at least not easily) since the car ceased production 15 years ago.

• Like 1

Guys, is it ok if I open up a new thread to publicize the 'Nissan Presea Sri Lankan meetup' so that many here will know?

Asking first before doing it as I have got 2 warning points the very first day I joined here and do not want to have more warnings points again :D

I am not the admin or I do not have any connection to the admin or to anyone who moderate this forum. But I do not think you will get warning points to it. But I do not think you will gain anything by doing it. I am damn sure who has a just even a 'crush',[ not a craze like you had :give_rose: ]would have been reached this tread .

• 1 month later...
A picture taken buy a photographer of my car at the 1st Presea Meetup... Thought of sharing :)

F7G3iuT.jpg

Seems like a lot of elbow grease had gone into that front end, especially the lights, Thumbs up :food-smiley-004:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You remembers me a guy in our A/L times. He was attarcted to a girl at rotary class driven by a Presea and the guy started admiring both the car and the girl at the same time. We used to call him "ado presea mehe waren" :D

• Like 2