• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

And also, need to get some small things in place such as the small box which is in between the Front Two Seats. And also, need to know about a place where we can get the beading for rear door. It is there, but cracked/broken. :sad-smiley-017:

http://www.partsbase.org/nissan/presea-r11-gr/

Get the part number from here and go to www.amayama.com and get the price. If you are satisfied with the price, get a quote from them with the shipping charges.

I'm not sure what exact part you need but it came to $91 without shipping.

http://www.partsbase.org/nissan/presea-r11-gr-k-ga16de-ct2-mt-body-side-rear-body-side-moulding/

Keep in mind, when it arrives to SL it may get taxed :)

*ouch* *frame-less doors are expensive to maintain*.

Edited by NRX

The steering wheel colour is lil bit similar to the dashboard colour... we can't see the colour difference because of the bad quality of the image with lighting conditions... just the phone cam

Ah good good! :) Anyway, I just can't wait to participate for the next Presea meetup! I scrolled down through the Presea group and found some interesting images of great looking Preseas around the world. Saw your one too, posted by a previous owner :)

http://www.partsbase.org/nissan/presea-r11-gr/

Get the part number from here and go to www.amayama.com and get the price. If you are satisfied with the price, get a quote from them with the shipping charges.

I'm not sure what exact part you need but it came to $91 without shipping.

http://www.partsbase.org/nissan/presea-r11-gr-k-ga16de-ct2-mt-body-side-rear-body-side-moulding/

Keep in mind, when it arrives to SL it may get taxed :)

*ouch* *frame-less doors are expensive to maintain*.

Thanks a lot machan! I am not sure what exactly I want, so I will post a real image of the moulding of the car and then I hope that you guys will be able to help me figure out the exact part number :)

I have already sorted out two part numbers, but not sure whether it is exactly what I want. :(

• Like 1

Ah good good! :) Anyway, I just can't wait to participate for the next Presea meetup! I scrolled down through the Presea group and found some interesting images of great looking Preseas around the world. Saw your one too, posted by a previous owner :)

Yep, wonder if he regrets selling it... he has sold it because he has got a higher offer for this car 5 years back which made him sell it... And when I bought it, it wasn't for sale either... stopped the car on the road and persuaded the driver to sell it lol....Anyway I remember that the first presea I saw was a black ct2 just like yours which made me fall in love with the presea...

• Like 1

Yep, wonder if he regrets selling it... he has sold it because he has got a higher offer for this car 5 years back which made him sell it... And when I bought it, it wasn't for sale either... stopped the car on the road and persuaded the driver to sell it lol....Anyway I remember that the first presea I saw was a black ct2 just like yours which made me fall in love with the presea...

Happy that you finally made your dream come true! :) Ah just like our Presea? You might have seen our Presea :P

I saw a small dent in the boot lid of that car (the car which you have right now). Has it been repaired? :) Anyway, I didn't like Preseas a lot, but after seeing your car, I fell in love with Preseas in an unbelievable manner! ;) I must say that driving a Presea is a whole lot better driving pleasure than driving any other car. Presea is in a different league! :) Did you see the image of the back of Presea, which I have added as the signature in this forum?

Edited by CricDasher

Happy that you finally made your dream come true! :) Ah just like our Presea? You might have seen our Presea :P

I saw a small dent in the boot lid of that car (the car which you have right now). Has it been repaired? :) Anyway, I didn't like Preseas a lot, but after seeing your car, I fell in love with Preseas in an unbelievable manner! ;) I must say that driving a Presea is a whole lot better driving pleasure than driving any other car. Presea is in a different league! :) Did you see the image of the back of Presea, which I have added as the signature in this forum?

No dents whatsoever, the previous owner has done a full body paint too... yeah agree with you that there's a driving pleasure in it... my best friend didn't like the presea and told me not to buy it many times.. but after seeing mine and after he initially drove it, now he always wants to drive it when travelling with me and he says he wants to buy a presea too....yep saw your signature image...

Regarding HIDs, If installed properly with a projector which I elaborated before, would give a result similar or close to OEM, The HID kit I can recommend is Xentec, imported from US (not eBay), or a retrofit from OEM Toyota parts, so I'd say its not a disaster to venture, instead its a reasonable option to the one who is adventurous.

Also in terms of visibility, a branded bulb upgrade will definitely have results, but they are not comparable to HIDs, if thats what you are looking for.

I myself am considering investing on a set of these new CREE led bulbs, just for venturing newer waters; which has already thrown HIDs off the map.

As for those LKR5000-7500 HID retrofit kits, those are for the V*P light/ Posh "Threewheel" ignorant types, who don't know where the Dim switch is, they fit into the existing globes and do a damn good job of blinding everyone around and flickering at night and eventually dying off when you need it the most.

(Of course I know the forum members have duly noted the risk and removed it, due to our common interest in automobiles)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-x-PHILIPS-DIAMOND-VISION-H7-5000K-55w-Registered-mail-/321738794079?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_186&hash=item4ae920645f

I was referring to this batch, :pardon:

These and nightbreakers, i've ordered plenty off eBay, all of them still work and much better than Koito and Stanley bulbs you get on the market.

Could you explain the functionality of a nightbreaker please? I find it hard to have a clear vision of the road in the night, since my bulbs are not much bright and I ran over a payment at a turn and landed on the payment..... *phew*

1. Without using a HID Conversion KIT, can I replace the bulbs with xenon bulbs? If so what are the drawbacks and durability?

2. If not, by replacing the bulbs with new halogen can i get a higher brightness? (if so what are the brands I should look at and what will be the cost im looking at?)

3. What's the specialty in a nightbreaker and how does it work? (Do we have to do an internal configuration/modification to the lights in order to fit a night breaker or is it just a bulb replacement?

Thanks in Advance! :)

Night breaker is just a name given for a particular model of halogen bulb made by Osram. The latest one is called Osram Night Breaker Unlimited. It's just plug and play. The *magic* happens due to the materials and gasses they used when constructing the bulb. I'm using a pair (H7) myself and it is definitely much brighter than the generic pair it replaced. :)

I guess you have H4 type bulbs. But make sure of it before you buy. I bought from this bugger http://www.ebay.com/usr/upgradebulbs

Could you explain the functionality of a nightbreaker please? I find it hard to have a clear vision of the road in the night, since my bulbs are not much bright and I ran over a payment at a turn and landed on the payment..... *phew*

1. Without using a HID Conversion KIT, can I replace the bulbs with xenon bulbs? If so what are the drawbacks and durability?

2. If not, by replacing the bulbs with new halogen can i get a higher brightness? (if so what are the brands I should look at and what will be the cost im looking at?)

3. What's the specialty in a nightbreaker and how does it work? (Do we have to do an internal configuration/modification to the lights in order to fit a night breaker or is it just a bulb replacement?

Thanks in Advance! :)

The Nightbreaker lineage claims to put out more light, at more or less the same wattage and puts out more whiter light, Well once you actually do the swap and turn the lights on, you realize there is a major difference, in spread/distance/ and the colour.

If your lights are that dim, do look into the battery and charging circuit as well.

AFAIK, xenon - hid is a different technology all in all, so the xenon setup needs the whole hid kit to run, I'm sure you have seen pairs of bulbs in plastic boxes labelled HID and Xenon etc, these are just halogen bulbs dipped in some flaky paint, of chinese origin, utter counterfeit crap.

If you are talking about installing HIDs to your existing headlamps, one issue would be, you find loads of hideous low quality kits, that last only weeks,

Most importantly these kits were not designed to be used in your stock housing. so they would throw light all over the place blinding the oncoming traffic.

You can get high brightness by

1.Increasing the wattage; but you will have to upgrade the wiring loom and the sockets, may risk damage to the headlamp itself

2. Premium bulbs, Osram Philips PIAA ( please take a look at the ebay thread, we had a good discussion on this)

3. LED bulbs, expensive, brighter, consumes less electricity, and hard to find a good kit, likely to cause interference on the stereo.

Lastly, coming back to Nightbreakers, they are just bulbs in a pack, matter of minutes to swap the bulbs, no modification whatsoever to the car.

Excuse me for my ignorance, was there any presea variant that had HID as stock? If so you can consider a swap, but its going to be expensive

• Like 1

Night breaker is just a name given for a particular model of halogen bulb made by Osram. The latest one is called Osram Night Breaker Unlimited. It's just plug and play. The *magic* happens due to the materials and gasses they used when constructing the bulb. I'm using a pair (H7) myself and it is definitely much brighter than the generic pair it replaced. :)

I guess you have H4 type bulbs. But make sure of it before you buy. I bought from this bugger http://www.ebay.com/usr/upgradebulbs'>http://www.ebay.com/usr/upgradebulbs

The Nightbreaker lineage claims to put out more light, at more or less the same wattage and puts out more whiter light, Well once you actually do the swap and turn the lights on, you realize there is a major difference, in spread/distance/ and the colour.

If your lights are that dim, do look into the battery and charging circuit as well.

AFAIK, xenon - hid is a different technology all in all, so the xenon setup needs the whole hid kit to run, I'm sure you have seen pairs of bulbs in plastic boxes labelled HID and Xenon etc, these are just halogen bulbs dipped in some flaky paint, of chinese origin, utter counterfeit crap.

If you are talking about installing HIDs to your existing headlamps, one issue would be, you find loads of hideous low quality kits, that last only weeks,

Most importantly these kits were not designed to be used in your stock housing. so they would throw light all over the place blinding the oncoming traffic.

You can get high brightness by

1.Increasing the wattage; but you will have to upgrade the wiring loom and the sockets, may risk damage to the headlamp itself

2. Premium bulbs, Osram Philips PIAA ( please take a look at the ebay thread, we had a good discussion on this)

3. LED bulbs, expensive, brighter, consumes less electricity, and hard to find a good kit, likely to cause interference on the stereo.

Lastly, coming back to Nightbreakers, they are just bulbs in a pack, matter of minutes to swap the bulbs, no modification whatsoever to the car.

Excuse me for my ignorance, was there any presea variant that had HID as stock? If so you can consider a swap, but its going to be expensive

Thank you soo much for the elaborated reply.... And No there was no presea variant with HID's...

Ok so lets say I replaced my headlights and fog light with nightbreakers... What should I do to my parking lights... Can i find nightbreakers for the parking too? Or is there a different bulb used for it?

I have an idea of adding a day light strip in the slot next to the number plate as I saw a presea with day light strip with on/off option fitted next to the slots of the number plates...so do you guys think the day light strip's white light will be matching or at least wont look ugly with the lesser white light of the nightbreakers?

Thank you soo much for the elaborated reply.... And No there was no presea variant with HID's... Ok so lets say I replaced my headlights and fog light with nightbreakers... What should I do to my parking lights... Can i find nightbreakers for the parking too? Or is there a different bulb used for it? I have an idea of adding a day light strip in the slot next to the number plate as I saw a presea with day light strip with on/off option fitted next to the slots of the number plates...so do you guys think the day light strip's white light will be matching or at least wont look ugly with the lesser white light of the nightbreakers?

There are no Night breakers or premium bulbs for parking, however based on the type of socket you have, you can replace them for a set of LEDS; you can find osrams etc but will be expensive, but a generic chinese led set off ebay would do fine in sorting out the colour

Mostly OEM DRLs turn off / dimm out when the main lights of the car are turned on, If you do decide to wire in DRL, use a relay to break the circuit once the headlamps are on,

as for how it looks, its a matter of taste and how much you are wiling to invest.

These mods will cost between $10-$20 online or even local, so do experiment, and do post pics :)

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

I guess you have H4 type bulbs. But make sure of it before you buy. I bought from this bugger http://www.ebay.com/usr/upgradebulbs

There are no Night breakers or premium bulbs for parking, however based on the type of socket you have, you can replace them for a set of LEDS; you can find osrams etc but will be expensive, but a generic chinese led set off ebay would do fine in sorting out the colour

Mostly OEM DRLs turn off / dimm out when the main lights of the car are turned on, If you do decide to wire in DRL, use a relay to break the circuit once the headlamps are on,

as for how it looks, its a matter of taste and how much you are wiling to invest.

These mods will cost between $10-$20 online or even local, so do experiment, and do post pics :)

Hi... So I went to a recommended electrician today around my area to check the bulbs... He checked and told there is no issue in the wiring, and try replacing the bulbs... So I thought of taking it one at a time.... I chose a pair of Osram nighbreaker unlimited bulbs as ya"ll suggested and here they are-----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-H4-OSRAM-NIGHT-BREAKER-UNLIMITED-HEADLIGHT-BULBS-H4-TWIN-PACK-64193NBU-HCB-/350956211936?hash=item51b69ecee0

Appreciate if you could check if this is alright for an H4... If this selected bulb is ok, I shall purchase this right away...

And after replacing this headlights, if there is a significant difference in the white light, then I can replace the parking lights too with LED's, and if there is no big difference then it wouldn't look good to replace the parking with LED's yeah?

And then after looking into the headlights and parking, finally I will look into the fog lights... Right now my yellow fogs doesnt make an impact on the brightness at all... currently it's a H7 - 55W bulb which is used, but doesnt give much light right now... If I'm to replace this, what kind of a bulb should I use?

Right now this is how the lights look...

minjxwA.jpg

Edited by PreseaLover

One of my friend gave me a set of Chinese LED parking lights that really sucks.

Hi... So I went to a recommended electrician today around my area to check the bulbs... He checked and told there is no issue in the wiring, and try replacing the bulbs... So I thought of taking it one at a time.... I chose a pair of Osram nighbreaker unlimited bulbs as ya"ll suggested and here they are-----> http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-H4-OSRAM-NIGHT-BREAKER-UNLIMITED-HEADLIGHT-BULBS-H4-TWIN-PACK-64193NBU-HCB-/350956211936?hash=item51b69ecee0

Appreciate if you could check if this is alright for an H4... If this selected bulb is ok, I shall purchase this right away...

And after replacing this headlights, if there is a significant difference in the white light, then I can replace the parking lights too with LED's, and if there is no big difference then it wouldn't look good to replace the parking with LED's yeah?

And then after looking into the headlights and parking, finally I will look into the fog lights... Right now my yellow fogs doesnt make an impact on the brightness at all... currently it's a H7 - 55W bulb which is used, but doesnt give much light right now... If I'm to replace this, what kind of a bulb should I use?

Right now this is how the lights look...

minjxwA.jpg

Hello

I got down exactly the same pair of bulbs from ebay last week but wasn't satisfied with the output, mine is a vitz 2007 model with H4 bulbs.

The only difference is the colour is a little bit white, but other than that, the output is the same i should say.

According to my opinion don't buy them.

Hello

I got down exactly the same pair of bulbs from ebay last week but wasn't satisfied with the output, mine is a vitz 2007 model with H4 bulbs.

The only difference is the colour is a little bit white, but other than that, the output is the same i should say.

According to my opinion don't buy them.

Who was the seller you bought them from machan ? There are a lot of counterfeit products too.

Did you adjust/aim the headlights after fitting the new pair ?

Edited by NRX

Who was the seller you bought them from machan ? There are a lot of counterfeit products too.

Did you adjust/aim the headlights after fitting the new pair ?

It was the same guy the OP mentioned.

Here's the link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-H4-OSRAM-NIGHT-BREAKER-UNLIMITED-HEADLIGHT-BULBS-H4-TWIN-PACK-64193NBU-HCB-/350956211936?hash=item51b69ecee0

As NRX mentioned, did you adjust/aim the headlights after fitting the new pair ?

The seller has a rating of 99.6 though :/ same rating as the seller mentioned by NRX.... So should I select an item from NRX's seller or?

Edited by PreseaLover

As NRX mentioned, did you adjust/aim the headlights after fitting the new pair ?

The seller has a rating of 99.6 though :/ same rating as the seller mentioned by NRX.... So should I select an item from NRX's seller or?

I don't think there would be any difference between the items of those two sellers. Both are reputed sellers.

I asked about re-aiming because after fitting the new pair I too was somewhat dissapointed about the output but later figured out they weren't adjusted properly.

• Like 1

PreseaLover: Your Fog lamps' lenses seem to be unclear or is it just the low brightness of the bulb ?

From the outside the lenses are very clean as i cleaned them along with the headlights... I think the slight discoularation is from the inside as well as the bulb which is not bright at all.... Will be needing a good bulb for the fogs... the current one is H7-55W... Should I increase the fog bulb wattage? will it be harmful if so?.... Back to the headlights - So, anyway I have no choice other than replacing the bulbs yeah... So assuming that after fitting the bulb, and after adjusting it, the light will be brighter - I shall purchase this yeah?

My purchase was fruitful :) You gotta decide it yourself mate.

meanwhile look into Philips Xtreme Vision series too.

Philips were a little big expensive... So I guess, I will go ahead with this, because it anyway leaves me with no choice than purchasing a new bulb set and try.... :) Oh btw my parking lights were cap-less and double filament bulbs... So I will need to find the exact LED's for that here as well.....

And thank's much for the comments :)

No i did not adjust or aim them, may be it could be due to that.

Let me try that first.

Anyway guys thanks for the idea..