• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Le Sabre

16 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

Yeah need to do a cleanup but im afraid to do the upholstery cleanup because the upholstery material is not very thick, the cloth might tear, so just doing the seats and all that shit 

What on earth was happening in that car ?

But you shoud give a good scrubbing to that dashboard....get rid of that balck haze on everything and it will give the interior a whole new look. Granted after that your seats would look like *&(#.

4 hours ago, iRage said:

What on earth was happening in that car ?

But you shoud give a good scrubbing to that dashboard....get rid of that balck haze on everything and it will give the interior a whole new look. Granted after that your seats would look like *&(#.

what black haze? there is noth dirt on the dashboard or the front panels noh. what are you referring to? 

All this...is dirt :) If you give it a good soak and scrub it will be a much flatter and consistant color.  Even the upper darker area (the dried skin like wrapping) it is shiny because of oil residue....

You can try dish wash liquid and a rag cloth....the more expensive option would be to get something like AutoGlym Inerior Shampoo...let it soak a few minutes and then rinse it off.

image.png.294927c34e3e88edf78bfec230624da9.png

6 hours ago, iRage said:

All this...is dirt :) If you give it a good soak and scrub it will be a much flatter and consistant color.  Even the upper darker area (the dried skin like wrapping) it is shiny because of oil residue....

You can try dish wash liquid and a rag cloth....the more expensive option would be to get something like AutoGlym Inerior Shampoo...let it soak a few minutes and then rinse it off.

image.png.294927c34e3e88edf78bfec230624da9.png

ahhh right.. im going to do an interior cleaning next month. then this will be washed anyway by those folks so yeah

starts the car every morning.. Accelerates and the car goes 10meters and stops everyday at the same place (like the car finished fuel).. and then i start again, and the car goes without a problem.. this happens everyday like it stops at a bermuda triangle.. Also sometimes when I accelerate the car RPM nor the car doesn't pickup as it should.. this is not an EFI engine and its a carb. Took to nissan ravi, he drove and said he doesn't feel anything of that sort, the pickup is less because its auto he said. So what should I do? it doesnt pick up like the previous EFI presea i had. 

4 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

this is not an EFI engine and its a carb. Took to nissan ravi, he drove and said he doesn't feel anything ....So what should I do?

Did he check / service the fuel delivery system - fuel pumps, carburetor etc? 

4 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

it doesnt pick up like the previous EFI presea i had. 

Makes sense as its a carburetor based system....How old / what model year is the car? 

2 hours ago, PreseaLover said:

No he only tuned up and cleaned the injectors.

its a 93 model 

Interesting: Preseas look so stylish I forget that there are some from that era where we had carbs! Lovely looking cars, but I don't envy anyone who has to mess about with carb settings and fuel / air ratio adjustments!! 

Going back to your issue:

1. I would definately check the fuel pump pressure? And by tune up I assume he looked at the carburetor so I guess we can rule that out, but it does seem as if the fuel air ratios maybe causing the issue...but anyways yes, then:

2. I would look at the ignition process, as well as hunt for a vaccum leak somewhere as well for that could be throwing the air/fuel ratios off too

(I would focus on things when the engine is cold as it probably powers through this issue when its warm, so a fuel starvation issue?) 

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Kavvz said:

Interesting: Preseas look so stylish I forget that there are some from that era where we had carbs! Lovely looking cars, but I don't envy anyone who has to mess about with carb settings and fuel / air ratio adjustments!! 

Going back to your issue:

1. I would definately check the fuel pump pressure? And by tune up I assume he looked at the carburetor so I guess we can rule that out, but it does seem as if the fuel air ratios maybe causing the issue...but anyways yes, then:

2. I would look at the ignition process, as well as hunt for a vaccum leak somewhere as well for that could be throwing the air/fuel ratios off too

(I would focus on things when the engine is cold as it probably powers through this issue when its warm, so a fuel starvation issue?) 

yeah thats what I thought too.. Il check it out with someone else too who does carb stuff. Ravi didnt clean the carb he only tuned. 

• 4 months later...

Guys, Im looking for a car as my daily driver. This would be my first car. Presea caught my eye. I wold most probably  do about 800 km per month. My Budget is around 2mil (max 2.5). Please feel free to suggest me any other possible options also, if the current market allows it. Im new to the forum with least knowledge on cars, so please feel free to educate me.

Edited by Garu

5 hours ago, Garu said:

Guys, Im looking for a car as my daily driver. This would be my first car. Presea caught my eye. I wold most probably  do about 800 km per month. My Budget is around 2mil (max 2.5). Please feel free to suggest me any other possible options also, if the current market allows it. Im new to the forum with least knowledge on cars, so please feel free to educate me.

@PreseaLoveris the resident Presea freak and has done extensive research on vehicles at this price bracket. 😁

Just off the Top of my head I'd  recommend a Carina AT192... falls in your bracket. Not as hyped as it's successor but a decent car nonetheless.

Generally as with anything 25-30 years old make sure to do a thorough inspection, mechanicals can be sorted -body work is painful. Overly abused interiors are a b*t*h to sort out -specially in 90s cars. Found out the hard way 😁

Look out for corrosion and also potential leaks through beadings etc .

You will not find a perfect car at that price but get one that you can live with and has small things that can be fixed as you go. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, matroska said:

@PreseaLoveris the resident Presea freak and has done extensive research on vehicles at this price bracket. 😁

Just off the Top of my head I'd  recommend a Carina AT192... falls in your bracket. Not as hyped as it's successor but a decent car nonetheless.

Generally as with anything 25-30 years old make sure to do a thorough inspection, mechanicals can be sorted -body work is painful. Overly abused interiors are a b*t*h to sort out -specially in 90s cars. Found out the hard way 😁

Look out for corrosion and also potential leaks through beadings etc .

You will not find a perfect car at that price but get one that you can live with and has small things that can be fixed as you go. 

Thanks @matroska for the feedback..  I did come across a lot of @PreseaLover posts, when I searched for info on Presea, guess he was dominatingly active in that section :), he did inspire me a little I guess  😁 . Guys, just wondering if it will be too much, if I expect 12 km/l outstation fuel economies from these (say At192 and Presea) cars?

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Garu said:

expect 12 km/l outstation fuel economies

These are 25-30 year old cars, fuel economy will be totally dependant on 'the condition of the car...engine, transmission, drive train wear and tear and condition effects fuel economy quite drastically. 

If the car was new..then yes...it is a reasonable expectation. If the car was very well taken care of then the likelyhood is high....if the car has undergone a good mechanical restoration from head to toe...then that ikelihood will be slightly higher...

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Garu said:

wondering if it will be too much, if I expect 12 km/l outstation fuel economies from these

Well this is  tricky. Ideally yes -but with age the fuel consumption can vary between two cars drastically.  Ever heard of the two parrots that were born together and separated and one lived in a temple and the other with a bunch of cutthroats? (it's actually a Buddhist story-sattikumba jataka if i'm not mistaken) Same applies for the two cars - depending on how they were used/abused parts replaced fuel figures may vary a lot. 

• Thanks 1