• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Road Race

Grand Civic

as of now only four events thay are going to held with two races each.

1. upto 1000cc

2. 8 to 10 kg/hp

3. SL-H 1600cc

4. SL-GT Upto 3500cc ( Super Cars )

Have anyone noticed? there is no runoff area at every corner. Lot of safety measures needs to be taken for the safety of the drivers.

Hope the organizing clubs will take care of those.

as of now only four events thay are going to held with two races each.

1. upto 1000cc

2. 8 to 10 kg/hp

3. SL-H 1600cc

4. SL-GT Upto 3500cc ( Super Cars )

Have anyone noticed? there is no runoff area at every corner. Lot of safety measures needs to be taken for the safety of the drivers.

Thanks for the info mate!

Yeah was thinking about that yesterday. (The lack of run off area) Maybe some really thick tyre walls will do the trick?

Also, is it just me or does The Track have a vague similarity of Tokyo Route 246 in GT4.

Thanks for the info mate!

Yeah was thinking about that yesterday. (The lack of run off area) Maybe some really thick tyre walls will do the trick?

Also, is it just me or does The Track have a vague similarity of Tokyo Route 246 in GT4.

My bad, meant silverstone short circuit .. (I think) :unsure:

Edited by virensti

My initial concern is the left near Bloomfield. Thats a real high speed section, and if I remember right, there is a tree in the middle of the road.

my personal idea is there should be a speed breaker before entering to left from bloomfield.

What, like a chicane? I wanna pic taking spot on that corner then :) real high speed run coming in, heavy braking point to cause the cars to close the gap. Lots of visibility. Sounds good to me :D

I say, this track should be more than smooth enough for the Formulas. Hope they run too.

What, like a chicane? I wanna pic taking spot on that corner then :) real high speed run coming in, heavy braking point to cause the cars to close the gap. Lots of visibility. Sounds good to me :D

would be tough to do panning shots though...and also it would be interesting to see what the times are so one can know where the sun would be :)

shooting races against light really sucks!

would be tough to do panning shots though...and also it would be interesting to see what the times are so one can know where the sun would be :)

You'll want to be at Rajakeeya Mawatha for the panning shots. Cars should be running flat out and running near top speed for the track there, and the solid wall on the other end should provide a good, non busy backdrop.

Should be able to get a fair photocrew together, right? :) Cover all the angles. Supra. Have to drag Dilesh back from Singapore. Overdrive? Few others I know too, tho dunno if they will contribute their stuff to AL.

Should be able to get a fair photocrew together, right? :) Cover all the angles. Supra. Have to drag Dilesh back from Singapore. Overdrive? Few others I know too, tho dunno if they will contribute their stuff to AL.

:(

Sady wont be around this time... you boys have fun!

You'll want to be at Rajakeeya Mawatha for the panning shots. Cars should be running flat out and running near top speed for the track there, and the solid wall on the other end should provide a good, non busy backdrop.

throw me a camera & you know i'll be happy to try :)

Do you guys pan with the AF on? Was messing around with the Canon kit lens and was pretty disappointed with the results....

I'm in :P

Do you guys pan with the AF on? Was messing around with the Canon kit lens and was pretty disappointed with the results....

it depends on the situation i guess... when shooting at Katu, since most of the time ur relatively far the slight difference wnot matter. So i focus one point (in the middle) and turn off the AF. But places like KKG etc i keep the AF on cos the cars come pretty close to you and go off pretty far. When shooting the S'pore F1 last year i turn both AF and VR off cos the cars are too close and too fast for the AF to work.

It always depends on the cars speed/position and the type of shots you want. Best would be a good old trial-and-error IMO :)

races i almost always shoot with AI servo on... I too am on the kakki lens...the basic ef-s 55-250mm IS...

IS is a huge help for me though some pro's do debate it :P

afaik... panning is all about experience...the more you do it...the better you get at it...

steady hands and a cool head always helps...

and the best reward is when you nail that shot once in a while :D

throw me a camera & you know i'll be happy to try :)

Might be able to do something about that. I still have my S2 as backup. Tho getting the action shots with that might be tricky. You'll need a short training program :)

I'm in :P

Awesome :) Did you sort out that battery issue? I have a spare now if you need one.

I have a technique. Prefocus where you want to take the pic. Hold down the shutter button to lock the focus. Track the subject to the spot you want, click when its at that spot. Thats pretty much what you have to do even with a compact.

Otherwise, its the settings. Hard to fix without seeing a sample of what you think is wrong tho.

Yup sorted the bat out long ago. Now the issue is getting a lens with decent range :unsure:

Might be able to do something about that. I still have my S2 as backup. Tho getting the action shots with that might be tricky. You'll need a short training program :)

Awesome :) Did you sort out that battery issue? I have a spare now if you need one.

I have a technique. Prefocus where you want to take the pic. Hold down the shutter button to lock the focus. Track the subject to the spot you want, click when its at that spot. Thats pretty much what you have to do even with a compact.

Otherwise, its the settings. Hard to fix without seeing a sample of what you think is wrong tho.

• Like 1

Yup sorted the bat out long ago. Now the issue is getting a lens with decent range :unsure:

Depending on what I'm using, you might be able to use one of mine.

I wonder if we can get some pics from a high perch? Like a tree or platform or summin?

it depends on the situation i guess... when shooting at Katu, since most of the time ur relatively far the slight difference wnot matter. So i focus one point (in the middle) and turn off the AF. But places like KKG etc i keep the AF on cos the cars come pretty close to you and go off pretty far. When shooting the S'pore F1 last year i turn both AF and VR off cos the cars are too close and too fast for the AF to work.

It always depends on the cars speed/position and the type of shots you want. Best would be a good old trial-and-error IMO :)

races i almost always shoot with AI servo on... I too am on the kakki lens...the basic ef-s 55-250mm IS...

IS is a huge help for me though some pro's do debate it :P

afaik... panning is all about experience...the more you do it...the better you get at it...

steady hands and a cool head always helps...

and the best reward is when you nail that shot once in a while :D

Thanks guys; I appreciate the advice and tips.

Edited by Kavvz

... I too am on the kakki lens...the basic ef-s 55-250mm IS...

]

Well, I saw you treated yourself to a Pentacon 50mm ;) (Actually, how come you didn't get the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II lens instead?)

Edited by Kavvz