• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

## Ward Place, Colombo - ## Scam

sudesh_col

Members of the forum,

Please note I only mentioned what I know about him.

His assistant was thrown out from a car sales I do not know the reason he is related to a well known Cricketer.

If any person go through my post I told the victim to complain the matter to CID.

I told the facts of what I know of Mr.#######

He used to work for a Finance company as a cashier later the assistant to the owner of that Finance company.

Then he started his own imports. In Nawala By the road side Araliya Gardens in a big house.

The victim must complain the matter to CID.

Wijesinghe.

Hi Mr. Wijesinghe,

I started the post thinking it would give me some help.

Yes I got the money from his assitant who was there at office. He told its refundable even though the receipt says non-refundable. I got the receipt only at the last moment and I trusted his words since its trust that matters most nowadays..

True it appears that I have not done my part to ensure I have sufficient proof (as the receipt says non-refundable) but I believe its not nice to say differently and act differently (in this case issuing a receipt with non-refundable printed even though he said its refundable).... In a way its a one way contract where the customer (in this case me) didnt have a say to whats printed on the receipt...

I dont know Mr #### personally or through dealings since I happened to change my mid in the middle.

Anyway Wije.. if you get my point trust matters alot which ensures word of mouth happens and customers get attracted without any adverts. And the opposite just happens when trust is broken.

I cant fight for my money as in front of courts the receipt says "non-refundable" but as i told earlier having a satisfied customer of greater value than wining a court case...

Dragging this thread wont do any good to me.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I got the money from his assitant who was there at office. He told its refundable even though the receipt says non-refundable. I got the receipt only at the last moment and I trusted his words since its trust that matters most nowadays..

If you are telling the truth then you have only yourself to blame

Then again you can be another car importer just trolling here for the competition .

I wanted to tell coz same could happen to anybody.....

May be im inexperienced in dealing with car importers so that it happened to me.... But all were posted for the hurt I got.....

Atleast any other person seeing this might be causious when paying any deposites....

Hi Mr. Wijesinghe,

I started the post thinking it would give me some help.

True it appears that I have not done my part to ensure I have sufficient proof (as the receipt says non-refundable) but I believe its not nice to say differently and act differently (in this case issuing a receipt with non-refundable printed even though he said its refundable).... In a way its a one way contract where the customer (in this case me) didnt have a say to whats printed on the receipt...

I dont know Mr #### personally or through dealings since I happened to change my mid in the middle.

Anyway Wije.. if you get my point trust matters alot which ensures word of mouth happens and customers get attracted without any adverts. And the opposite just happens when trust is broken.

I cant fight for my money as in front of courts the receipt says "non-refundable" but as i told earlier having a satisfied customer of greater value than wining a court case...

Dragging this thread wont do any good to me.....

well as far as i know you still can sue them though they have that clause in the receipt.I suggest you complain to consumer services authority.

well as far as i know you still can sue them though they have that clause in the receipt.I suggest you complain to consumer services authority.

It will only be forcefully.... and dont know whether itll work or not..... and dont know how much itll cost me as well.... dont want to end up with more spending than gaining.....

unless they them selves get back to me with a refund after seeing all these posts........And thats my only option

It will only be forcefully.... and dont know whether itll work or not..... and dont know how much itll cost me as well.... dont want to end up with more spending than gaining.....

unless they them selves get back to me with a refund after seeing all these posts........And thats my only option

something doesn't add up here....

Here's what I added up after looking through your posts

1. You made a deal

2. you backed out because you couldn't see a picture of a car

3. You want your money back even though it clearly stated that it's non-refundable

4. You are hoping that they might come across this post on a forum and give you your money back even though you damaged thier reputation?

If they were really at fault and conned you, why did you not file a police report?

Members of the forum,

like to have your comments about the issue.

One member alerting not to patronize Mr. ##### advertisement.

I only wrote of what I know about him.

Members please understand this is automobile forum we should not fight each other.

Automobile forums are there to share the knowledge in a friendly way.

Some members of the forum was negative when I wrote Mr. #### is a good pay master.

I think most members do not like my Writing to this forum because I am more practical.

I request members to tell me direct to stop writing instead of abusing me like one member I had to complain his writing to the authority of the forum.

In the reason past also he abused me he is proud of his number of posts I don't think he can time a Engine properly.

Wijesinghe.

1. You made a deal

3. You want your money back even though it clearly stated that it's non-refundable

4. You are hoping that they might come across this post on a forum and give you your money back even though you damaged thier reputation?

If they were really at fault and conned you, why did you not file a police report?

Sir,

I appreciate your Bold writing how this thread started and ended up.

Wijesinghe.

1. You made a deal

Correct. Going to police and taking legal actions are totally different things. If you are cheated for 40K and while all forum members encourage you to go to police and lodge a formal complaint why you dont do that. Expecting them to go through forum and refund your money is not logical at all.

Sudesh_col .. you came here for advice or just to spread negative publicity for importer? What you say and how you act is quite controversial.

Ya Im thinking on going for that..

Suggest you try and put a complaint at the Colombo Fraud Bureau (fraud arm of the CID). Doubt the normal police station would be of much help, the FIB will be a faster way, especially as they're highly activated these days.

If the receipt says 'non-refundable' forget it. Its a agreement that you got in knowingly. No point in dragging it to the cops as well.

According to the consumer protections laws, if the service provider unable to deliver said good according to the agreement, customer still eligible for refunds/claim for losses/etc.

If what he says is true the term non-refundable is not valid as the importer does not act according to the agreed terms and conditions. Or in the other hand, he is still eligible to get his vehicle imported as per the agreement. So there is no any reason just to give away the money he owned... But this makes me more confused... as Sudesh_Col says he has given up his hopes in 40,000 and simply wanted this importer refund his money after reads this thread.

Sudesh_col in reading, why don't you claim you money back through Consumer Service Authority or go ahead with importing the car. Either way you will get what you wanted. If importer makes a mistake it's your responsibility too to make it correct by taking necessary actions at right time. If you don't do that you can't avoid us having fair bit of doubts on what you post here.

Buddy,

If i was you ,ill make a complaint against them at once and -uck the bloody bastered.We have to teach them a lesson to not to do or even not to think of doing that kind of cheating.

Tell me if you need help buddy.

Well technically its his own fault for trusting their word knowing that the receipt says "non-refundable". The way i see it he can either go ahead with the import and take whatever they bring or forget about the 40,000.

You have to be extra careful when you're dealing with huge amount of hard earned money (i mean the full amount). If what he said was true then its very kind of him to share it with us so others wont get in to the same trouble.

Edited by zerocool

Anyone can put anything on pieces of paper, but it doesn't mean it is legally accepted to do so.

when you pay money and get a receipt saying non-refundable, that is a contract between two parties. but all terms in that contract are subject to statutory laws.

e.g. I have seen employment contracts supposedly under Shop & Office Act that actually violate the terms of the Act. The contract will "work" if both parties follow it. But if it goes to courts and it can be shown to be in violation of the Act, then the terms in the Act (not the Contract) will apply.

A lot of companies put all sorts of terms and conditions to make things more convenient for them, regardless of whether they are legally valid or enforceable... if you make enough of a fuss (by speaking to a manager, threatening to call the police/fraud bureau, actually calling the police, etc) it is possible to get "terms" overturned.

So, whether the receipt says non-refundable or not, if OP believes there is fraud at hand, he MUST complain to police/fraud bureau. If that doesn't get a response, write to newspapers with a copy of the police report - the company will not like negative press like that. But make sure your side of the story is correct, otherwise editor won't publish!

all in all looks like the real scammer is the topic creator who seems to be out to bad mouth the above said company & the best part in this is as always Sylvi claims to know the accused party.

This is the point I also wanted bring out and some others too. Can't we remove all OT topics go to main point.

Sudesh_col - I suggest you should give us some sufficient evidence. Because as far as i can see you still get your car imported or get your money refunded by following a very simple procedure. If you don't do either of this we had believe you are just try to destroy someone reputation here.

Even though I don't know this importer I feel this is a build up story.

I think you've misunderstood the point. Nobody is complaining about people making genuine mistakes in English.

Yeah, it was explained by S_N as to why silvy got bashed for wrong English, grammar, punctuation and what not. Simply, if you dare find faults/ highlight faults of others, be clean and expect the same or worse in return. Done with OT

Sudesh_col - I suggest you should give us some sufficient evidence. Because as far as i can see you still get your car imported or get your money refunded by following a very simple procedure. If you don't do either of this we had believe you are just try to destroy someone reputation here.

Even though I don't know this importer I feel this is a build up story.

I was asking the same question over and over and suggested to lodge a complaint even before posting it here, smelling something. There are two sides of every story, either this post can be an attempt of negative marketing, or a true incident which we don't know yet. So cannot accuse either party here. If topic starter can prove his point, yes members or forum readers will get alerted, else it will certainly be positive or marketing, brand name spreading for that venture.

Yeah, it was explained by S_N as to why silvy got bashed for wrong English, grammar, punctuation and what not. Simply, if you dare find faults/ highlight faults of others, be clean and expect the same or worse in return. Done with OT

I was asking the same question over and over and suggested to lodge a complaint even before posting it here, smelling something. There are two sides of every story, either this post can be an attempt of negative marketing, or a true incident which we don't know yet. So cannot accuse either party here. If topic starter can prove his point, yes members or forum readers will get alerted, else it will certainly be positive or marketing, brand name spreading for that venture.

Hi morning, After going through all the posts - Im going to call them and ask them for at least a part refund saying if not will lodge a complaint and all that. Think thats my best bet now instead of trying to spend even more in trying to fight. Will keep you up dated. Thanks for all the advice.

Hi morning, After going through all the posts - Im going to call them and ask them for at least a part refund saying if not will lodge a complaint and all that. Think thats my best bet now instead of trying to spend even more in trying to fight. Will keep you up dated. Thanks for all the advice.

I am not suppriced if you say .. hey guys finaly I got all my money.. he looks like genuine importer ..

If you get your money back thats great, but, always remember to get everything in writing when making deals in the future. While tarnishing the company's image and getting revenge may seem like a good thing to do, it ever solves a problem. In fact it makes it worse.

I don't understand what posses sudesh to pay an advance without even looking at a single picture of a car.

Getting a car imported via a car sale is turning into a very popular method nowadays as there a pricing advantage involved. Normally how the process work is the importer will give you all the details of the car including pictures. Only after you agree to import the car and the price you would pay an advance. If you don’t know the importer opt for someone who's been in the industry for sometime or atelast who has been based in a single location for sometime as the chances of them pulling a stunt on you is slim. Like others have mentioned use your common sence. Make sure to keep a paper trail of all the payments.

Anyone can put anything on pieces of paper, but it doesn't mean it is legally accepted to do so.

when you pay money and get a receipt saying non-refundable, that is a contract between two parties. but all terms in that contract are subject to statutory laws.

This is called 'Legitimate Expectation' as the buyer had 'expectations' of getting something for something --> in this case --he was expecting to get the 'whole deal' -i.e. the car -- if initially an advance is paid and then to pay bal later.

However if this was an illegal transaction -- i.e. importing a 'bud' vehicle -- the Law doesn't recognise it as 'Legitimate Expectation' & buyer cannot claim from seller. Therefore a verbal or written contract to commit anything unlawful is not recognised by law.

all in all looks like the real scammer is the topic creator who seems to be out to bad mouth the above said company & the best part in this is as always Sylvi claims to know the accused party.

Chooti Putha,

Yes I wrote I knows him and had lot of dealings with him with no issues he is a through gent by all means did Automobile import Business for last twenty years or more.

Person can be a honorable person in the past but due to unavoidable circumstances this is an a unfortunate incident which had led his name Tarnished.

He in past I know personally had got down thousands of Vehicles for Government Permit holders he used to Advertise lot in the papers S/O D/N before H/A was published his main operating office was Nawala Araliya gardens and his Brother in law used to be his personal assistant.

If he did unwanted type of business most previous Government officers would have fix him up long time ago.

My first post to this thread I advised to the Thread starter go and do a complain of the the matter to CID at Colombo 00600 and Consumer protection Authority For redress.

He is Known to me as a Through gent once a high government officer out of Colombo came to me for some advise about a part for his personal Vehicle.

He was short of funds I rang Mr. #### because he had directed him to me and got his authorization and cashed a Cheque to that officer to buy the part from Panchigawatha.

If he had done a mistake he must be punished by law and authorities are there to inquire the matter and do the Justice

People can change in matter of minutes for their whims and fancy's.

There is no one perfect in this world.

Wijesinghe.

Edited by MADZ