• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Seat Belt

MkX

seat belt  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear seat belt on regular/daily travel

• Yes, I wear regularly
    • Occasionally
    • No, I don't wear seal belt

Question

any car has air bag system should have a sensor in the seatbelt lock to determine whether the driver/passenger has buckled up, I'm not quite sure whether CK2 had the sensor to detect if someone is seated on either of front seats and blink a seatbelt warning if the belt is not locked. Check underneath of the seat to find out any wiring loom or connectors hanging disconnected. Popular method of SL maka bass fellows to disable Air bag/Seat Belt related warnings.

thanks harshan.., i'll check.., anyway after knowing these disconnecting thing, i have a clue on Air Bag system too.., how can i check Air bag system working properly or not? (except the most Popular method :unsure::ninja: )

thanks harshan.., i'll check.., anyway after knowing these disconnecting thing, i have a clue on Air Bag system too.., how can i check Air bag system working properly or not? (except the most Popular method :unsure::ninja: )

theoretically if air bag light does lights up at the ignition position and if it goes off in a while or after starting the engine means there's not issue with the air bag system.

However the supply wires to air bag passes through a tiny collar sort of a thing on steering column to the steering wheel. When carrying out front suspension, steering rack related repairs, there's a tendency that this collar get damaged due to over turning the steering into either side. [in case of a removal of rack or rack ends, you should lock the steering wheel in the centre position until rack and rack ends are in place] This is one reason to malfunction the air bag system and not to inflate the air bag.

another killer is body dent repairs by inexperienced workers. This might damage/dislocate air bag sensors and can cause the system not to respond properly based on the impact level and directions.

If anything goes wrong with the supply wires in steering column, air bag indicator will not go off, however the dislocating/damaging sensors would do the same is not known for sure.

Hi Guys

Always, but my classic doesn't have one, actually i am searching for a proper seat belt for it

can any one tell me a place where can i buy a seat belt set for a reasonable price ?

It is a must for me to have it on my classic since i mostly use it for cheaper running expenses :)

thanks

Regards

sumith

Hi Guys

Always, but my classic doesn't have one, actually i am searching for a proper seat belt for it

can any one tell me a place where can i buy a seat belt set for a reasonable price ?

It is a must for me to have it on my classic since i mostly use it for cheaper running expenses :)

thanks

Regards

sumith

best place is Panchikawatta :), used car part joints. However if your classic doesn't have B pillars you might have to search for fixed length belts (without roller mechanism, lap belts? ) originally came in old cars and fix that into the seat.

any car has air bag system should have a sensor in the seatbelt lock to determine whether the driver/passenger has buckled up, I'm not quite sure whether CK2 had the sensor to detect if someone is seated on either of front seats and blink a seatbelt warning if the belt is not locked. Check underneath of the seat to find out any wiring loom or connectors hanging disconnected. Popular method of SL maka bass fellows to disable Air bag/Seat Belt related warnings.

Majority of the cars does not have this feature , Seat belt and air bag system was independent until very late ,Still only few car makers have linked these systems together.

all most all the old cars did not have seat belt sensors even when they had air bags ,

Even when cars have seat belt sensors, most of them will not take that in to consideration when deploying the air bags.

Majority of the cars does not have this feature , Seat belt and air bag system was independent until very late ,Still only few car makers have linked these systems together.

all most all the old cars did not have seat belt sensors even when they had air bags ,

Even when cars have seat belt sensors, most of them will not take that in to consideration when deploying the air bags.

Isn't it extremely dangerous if air bag deploys in case of a passenger/driver doesn't wear the seat belt and hence mandatory for air bag system to sense whether the seat belt is actually engaged?

Isn't it extremely dangerous if air bag deploys in case of a passenger/driver doesn't wear the seat belt and hence mandatory for air bag system to sense whether the seat belt is actually engaged?

Yes it is dangerous ,

I was just correcting your post ,Never said it's safe to drive without wearing seat belts when car has air bags . I wear it all the time as well.

Wearing it will not kill you ,but not doing it will ..

Edited by AL998

yes common sense says it should , but unfortunately 99% of the cars does not do that

Everyone knows seat belts are for sissies.

Nah, I wish more people would wear them. I have got so used to it that I find myself buckling up for even things like taking the car out of the garage to wash it. Force of habit. What happened to the seat belt law? Far more important than the tinted windows.

I wear it all the time ,

I have seen a child ( about 4-5 years ) getting badly injured in the head ,only because he wasn't wearing the seat belt. This car crashed in to a lorry in the kandy road just in front of me ,kid had big dent in the skull and was screaming because of the pain .

BTW I took them to Warakapola hospital , That image will never leave my mind.

Yes you're true, statistics shows there is a greater reduction of fatal damages among people who wearing seat belts in road traffic accidents,

Some classified information is here...

Beware of a trick done by repair guys specially if you are with a second hand car.

If the car had been in an accident, and repaired, most probably the airbags should have to be activated and gone out. Have heard some repair people r just connecting your airbag warning light with your oil light in dash(without actually replacing a new airbag). Then you turn the key on, see air bags light on and a little while after ignition it goes off, making you happy about your air bag system. But actually what goes off is your oil pressure bulb.

If you keep the key in ACC position for a while (which you'll not do much often), and if you notice your air bag indicator is continuing to be turned on instead of going off after a while (which is the normal way as far as i know), you should think twice.

Hi guys, just thought of checking the seat belt use among the crowd who may be above the average compare to general public in relation to automobiles in sri lanka.

It is must to wear your seat belt especially when you are in car that has airbags focusing towards your seating position

Beware of a trick done by repair guys specially if you are with a second hand car.

If the car had been in an accident, and repaired, most probably the airbags should have to be activated and gone out. Have heard some repair people r just connecting your airbag warning light with your oil light in dash(without actually replacing a new airbag). Then you turn the key on, see air bags light on and a little while after ignition it goes off, making you happy about your air bag system. But actually what goes off is your oil pressure bulb.

If you keep the key in ACC position for a while (which you'll not do much often), and if you notice your air bag indicator is continuing to be turned on instead of going off after a while (which is the normal way as far as i know), you should think twice.

I think anybody who buy new used car should do full engine scan and check for all alamrs, even there are no alarms / check light on. couple of weeks ago I met a friend who has bought a load of crap without doing a proper check. It was a Hyundai Accsent.. does only 7/8 Kmpl. lots of alarms, etc. Seller has removed dashboard lights before sell.

good advise and small correction, key should be in ON position instead of ACC. Further, But I've came across a more smarter way someone had done this, that was to couple a timer relay to the air bag light so even if someone keep the key in ON position still the air bag would go off but I heard a click sound every time it goes off and that's where it got caught.

good advise and small correction, key should be in ON position instead of ACC. Further, But I've came across a more smarter way someone had done this, that was to couple a timer relay to the air bag light so even if someone keep the key in ON position still the air bag would go off but I heard a click sound every time it goes off and that's where it got caught.

Will engine scan detect this?

Yep, it is the ON position as you said. And that timer thing.... Never thought of that.... :action-smiley-060: Should check mine.. :blink: :blink:

There are several ways of above trick is done , Some people couple it with oil light or any other light which goes off after you keep the key ON position for several seconds. But this is easily catchable even without a scanner. Each and every warning light should go off off after very specific time . So if you check the time Air bag light is on after you turn on the ignition against the manufacturer specific info then you can easily catch this.

The dirtiest Air Bag Trick [mods please remove this if this is inappropriate for this ]

Unfortunately there is a another way of bypassing the air bag system,This will even fool a scanning machine .

This is done by bridging the air bag wire with a resistor (if a certain bag is blown),I will not mention the certain Ohm values here in case someone wants to do this :D. This is even not catchable by a scanner .

A scanner will check for the resistance of the circuit to determine the functionality of the air bag system .So by replacing an air bag with a resistor will keep the original resistance of the circuit .

Unless you check it physically there is no way of detecting this

Edited by AL998