• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Wastage With Beat Barrel ??

mensoft

Question

Was wondering about this, coz i think i have a leak somewhere on my exhaust lol, though din't notice much difference other than noise. How could an exhaust leak affect performance and fuel consumption?

beat barrel gives a sound with more 'base' but puncture gives a sharp noise which can be a pain in a*se. How it affects performance is by letting exhaust gas to emit combustion chamber fast, much faster than when it has to go passing two silences barrels. So performance of high rpm range will be improved. At the same time, quite a lot of un burnt fuel will leave combustion chamber fast which will impact fuel efficiency.

If this is your daily run, or use for long trips is very hectic and disturbing noice. Up and get bored quickly. When you went to Colombo and Kandy in mid-night to return to CRX with a scarf performance. And I had a small back seat in most of the time.

Edited by keilysmith

If this is your daily run, or use for long trips is very hectic and disturbing noice. Up and get bored quickly. When you went to Colombo and Kandy in mid-night to return to CRX with a scarf performance. And I had a small back seat in most of the time.

Whatever your saying, this thread isn't about Jaguar parts :P

Since you talk about beat I think you wanna to get the this "pata pata noice". If this is your daily ride or use for longer travel it will be very hectic and disturbing noice. And you will get fed-up pretty soon. Once went to Colombo and return to Kandy in mid night in a CRX with a performance muffler. And I was in that small back seat in most of the time.. It was the fastest I came Colombo - Kandy took about one hour and 30 minutes. But I was the most tiring ride as well.

:action-smiley-060: