• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Axio - Fuel Consumption - Import Tax - Market Price

chamilrajapakse

• 1 month later...

our family axio X finally arrived in our hands last month when i was abroad, thus my delay to post. i drove it the whole day today and we've been using the car within the family for a month, so i think i qualify to write an experienced review here.

Pros:

multimedia player, reverse camera is of quite good quality IMHO.

outward appearance and the perception of the car among "typical folks".

Sports mode in gear box makes the car be quite responsive, relative to it's own manners in econ mode.

Okish:

Fuel consumption: 9+ kmpl on average over a month in severe traffic and quite fast driving with my teenage bro behind the wheels. I think for an average driver with typical traffic this car should have no problem delivering about 10-11 kmpl. I heard going outstation this car easily does well excess of 14-15 kmpl.

Handling: Body roll is little bit high. However road holding, especially on high speeds even with bumps is very good. I reached 150 kmph in green path today without feeling too scared. actual braking ability was very good for a toyota with such specification, but brake feel is very poor.

Acceleration: for a car with so little power and so little an engine (1.5L), acceleration was very impressive. i think all credit goes to super CVT-i gear box and torquey engine. the car doesn't feel laggy at all. infact it feels more responsive in low end than our previous honda VTEC which had at least 10hp more and weighed 200kg less.

Cons:

the engine tone in high revs and sports mode in GB is very tasteless to my liking. compared to our previous honda's engine tone this sounds so coarse. i wouldn't even compare it with cefiro's as cefiro is in a different league when it comes to engine tone and sound insulation.

ours is axio X and needless to say how bad the interior and ergonomics are. when i compare it with my 13 year old cefiro, the axios interior is 13 times worse.

as noted earlier, no boot light. no glove box light too!!!

leg space is limited considering the exterior proportions. toyota seems to have done an exemplary job on the interior space of allion but not on axio.

mutimedia player and nav system is in japanese. but we personaly don't now have problem with it as my brother got a friend who teaches japanese to teach us how to operate the system.

that's all i can think of now. will be able to answer questions, if you have any.

Edited by isurujosh

Hello buddies.

I am thinking of buying a Toyota Axio 2007 (Corolla 141). I want to know how good is this vehicle in terms of fuel consumption? Is it better than Corolla 121?

Also is there anybody who has recently cleared this car from Customs? I want to know how much will be the total tax for this car with standard accessories that fall into the last lap of depreciation (3-31/2 years).

Also what is the best market price of this car in Sri Lanka?

Cheers...

so u are gonna buy an AXIO.... that explains a lot... :rolleyes:

<!--quoteo(post=130482:date=Aug 24 2010, 10:07 AM:name=Sieko)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sieko @ Aug 24 2010, 10:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=130482"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The price of all these unreg vehicles are increasing. Axio (X) was available for Rs.3.8 few months ago...Not now. Previously I was planning to buy an Axio for that price...Suddenly it has increased up to 4.1Mn, 4.2Mn (X) now...G grades are generally 400K higher than the X...If anyone knows a place to buy an Axio (X) for 3.8?????<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I just cant see why people would spend so much money on a axio. I drove a friends car last week and it was just the most basic car. No cruise control, no climate control etc. Just the ac bits on the console. You can get a mazda3/axela with all the features for far less, albeit a used.

Strictly my personal opinion <_<

Okish:

Fuel consumption: 9+ kmpl on average over a month in severe traffic and quite fast driving with my teenage bro behind the wheels. I think for an average driver with typical traffic this car should have no problem delivering about 10-11 kmpl. I heard going outstation this car easily does well excess of 14-15 kmpl.

Handling: Body roll is little bit high. However road holding, especially on high speeds even with bumps is very good. I reached 150 kmph in green path today without feeling too scared. actual braking ability was very good for a toyota with such specification, but brake feel is very poor.

Acceleration: for a car with so little power and so little an engine (1.5L), acceleration was very impressive. i think all credit goes to super CVT-i gear box and torquey engine. the car doesn't feel laggy at all. infact it feels more responsive in low end than our previous honda VTEC which had at least 10hp more and weighed 200kg less.

150 kmph? On Green Path? Really?

One of my friend brought a G grade with manual transmission & I its doing very well with petrol. It shows 14.2 km/l during outstaion. But I thing the reason for this deferent is manual.

i think difference is not because it is a manual car but because the car is running outstation (aka no traffic, i assume). running away from traffic can easily increase fuel econo by about 4kmpl.

why not? take a ride with me one day if you don't beleive. i did it on a 980kg honda city, don't see why it is unbelievable in a 1200kg axio.

Wasn't disputing your claim. I was curious. Thought that stretch was a bit too short for that kinda thing.

Hmm...cleared couple of weeks back...managed to secure an awesome deal finally...haven't had any driving experience yet as I am abroad at the moment...expecting to be behind the wheel later next week... :rolleyes:

how much did it cost in the end? is it an X or G grade?

Wasn't disputing your claim. I was curious. Thought that stretch was a bit too short for that kinda thing.

as you might know the drags usually take place in GP. i think it's got in excess of 400m for "brake-free" riding it self. but i don't think i could reach 0-150kmph in an axio in GP. i was doing at leat 40-50kmph by the time i took the corner and then floored the gas until i go pass the yellow crossing before the junction then brake hard to slow and take the corner.

• 9 years later...