• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Don't You Think It's Really Crazy To Spend Over Shyt Boxes Like Axio And Allion

Lance

It is unfortunate we are overpaying for these cars but we have no other option (just like how we are overpaying for day to day groceries) it’s neither the buyer nor sellers fault. As most of you have agreed before different people have different priorities.

That's not true dude. There are plenty of other options out there. Having different priorities and buying a Toyota simply because it's a "Toyota" are two different things.

That's not true dude. There are plenty of other options out there. Having different priorities and buying a Toyota simply because it's a "Toyota" are two different things.

i think what xXx is trying to say is that "different priority" is all the typical toyota ownership plus points whether one like it or not.

things like re-sale value, fuel economy, reliability and spares availability in virtually any part of the country over many decades have all contributed to it.

I doubt people simply go for the toyota badge... unless that toyota badge carries value, perceived or otherwise and that's what people are buying into.

And also i've yet to hear of a car owner or even a garage chap bashing reliability of these cars so that part has some truth to it and not pure fiction

so imho.... people who want an economical, easy to maintain and sell car and not loose much money over the years...those chaps have little choice but a toyota in our market. at least that's the case so far.

and that in no means say it's the best car brand and others are all inferior...simply it's been the way our market has been behaving all these years. And unfortunately i don't see any signs of it changing for sometime...

i think what xXx is trying to say is that "different priority" is all the typical toyota ownership plus points whether one like it or not.

things like re-sale value, fuel economy, reliability and spares availability in virtually any part of the country over many decades have all contributed to it.

I doubt people simply go for the toyota badge... unless that toyota badge carries value, perceived or otherwise and that's what people are buying into.

And also i've yet to hear of a car owner or even a garage chap bashing reliability of these cars so that part has some truth to it and not pure fiction

so imho.... people who want an economical, easy to maintain and sell car and not loose much money over the years...those chaps have little choice but a toyota in our market. at least that's the case so far.

and that in no means say it's the best car brand and others are all inferior...simply it's been the way our market has been behaving all these years. And unfortunately i don't see any signs of it changing for sometime...

Reliability, economy, high resale value and ease of maintenance are important in any prospective buyer's eyes I suppose. But my point is that not everyone can afford a brand new/recon car. Personally, I have to settle for a used one. And since so many of the cars on the road are Corollas or Civics or whatever, my buying options are severely limited! So, I can't help but wonder; what the bloody heck is going on? It's not like there aren't other cars out there that deliver the same virtues of a Toyota, or even surpass them.

I do believe that people buy them simply for the name and nothing else. I mean, look at the amount of these cars on the roads, in car sales or even on AL itself! I'm no expert but when the market is flooded with just one brand name, other brands suffer in terms of spare part availability and technical know how. The only good thing is you can get them cheap.... :)

I'm not Toyota bashing, but I wish people would simply realise that there are other cars as good, if not better, out there.

Reliability, economy, high resale value and ease of maintenance are important in any prospective buyer's eyes I suppose. But my point is that not everyone can afford a brand new/recon car. Personally, I have to settle for a used one. And since so many of the cars on the road are Corollas or Civics or whatever, my buying options are severely limited! So, I can't help but wonder; what the bloody heck is going on? It's not like there aren't other cars out there that deliver the same virtues of a Toyota, or even surpass them.

I do believe that people buy them simply for the name and nothing else. I mean, look at the amount of these cars on the roads, in car sales or even on AL itself! I'm no expert but when the market is flooded with just one brand name, other brands suffer in terms of spare part availability and technical know how. The only good thing is you can get them cheap.... :)

I'm not Toyota bashing, but I wish people would simply realise that there are other cars as good, if not better, out there.

agreed :D but it's just the way things are here :D

chances are...certain brands are dominating certain other markets too so it's just the way it goes

Toyota fever!!!!!

:unsure::lol:

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=36736

Now that is how sacred is a Toyota!!!! LMAO

don't want to take Peri's job away... but i don't think laughing at AL ads is a smart move! those are the only revenue this place gets. besides if somebody want to buy a 121 at that price it's their business isn't it. the seller isn't forcing it on anybody! It's his money and his car!

Oh I am not laughing at that person or his car. But I think that shows the market perception about cars here. He may well sell it. All these things are just subjective perceptions. Now Toyota 121 has the fortune of benefiting from such perception. When 2007 Axios are around for 4.4 mil still one may buy 2004 121 for that price. That is how our market behave. I don't think we should try to apply simplified equations when it comes to market values here. So many extraterrestrial factors involved.

Out of the factors the main things are Fuel consumption, ease of maintenance and whether it is JDM or not. To that there is added value by sale owners. (black magic LOL) I think Toyota has done well in those areas. That is why Corolla is one of the best selling sedans in the world.

I think it's okay for any person to say Axio, Allions are shit boxes, juke boxes wht not... But it's quite stupid to think that everybody else think the same way. People have different priorities. Different people have different view points, their own likings and dislikings. Some may want a fast car, some prefer 4 wheels, some prefer fashonable ones, some prefer fuel economical reliable cars. It's the individual preference. :action-smiley-060:

As for me, I honestly think Toyota's are v.reliable, fuel economical, comfortable cars that have good resale value. Spares are easy to come by. As for the new Allions and Axios - i think they are stylish and comes with fairly good options.

I think it's okay for any person to say Axio, Allions are shit boxes, juke boxes wht not... But it's quite stupid to think that everybody else think the same way. People have different priorities. Different people have different view points, their own likings and dislikings. Some may want a fast car, some prefer 4 wheels, some prefer fashonable ones, some prefer fuel economical reliable cars. It's the individual preference. :action-smiley-060:

As for me, I honestly think Toyota's are v.reliable, fuel economical, comfortable cars that have good resale value. Spares are easy to come by. As for the new Allions and Axios - i think they are stylish and comes with fairly good options.

+1

Machang i was not trying to defend people who buy as you said a toyota just because its a toyota.

In other threads some ahve suggested older cars as repalcements for Axios buyers. I was just trying to point out certain features/advantages of Axio that you may not get in an older car. At the end of the day it all boils down to personnel preference.

Machang i was not trying to defend people who buy as you said a toyota just because its a toyota.

In other threads some ahve suggested older cars as repalcements for Axios buyers. I was just trying to point out certain features/advantages of Axio that you may not get in an older car. At the end of the day it all boils down to personnel preference.

What you say is interesting. In the second hand market the prices of Toyotas are inflated due to demand. But that shouldn't be the case for brand new, right? Do the agents just keep a healthier cut coz they can raise the prices coz of demand? Or is a brand new car a good choice next to its competitor in class brand new cars from other makes?

What you say is interesting. In the second hand market the prices of Toyotas are inflated due to demand. But that shouldn't be the case for brand new, right? Do the agents just keep a healthier cut coz they can raise the prices coz of demand? Or is a brand new car a good choice next to its competitor in class brand new cars from other makes?

hmm... good point. Didn't A*W jack up the price o brandnew Alto? I belive a brandnew corolla with all the gizmos of an Axio G grade will have a very decent price gap.