• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Dodge Charger / Challenger

XAVIOR

Dodge Charger / Challenger??  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Dodge Charger / Dodge Challenger??

I made this poll just for the hell of it. Just to see how many people like Dodge muscle cars!

Ok people VOTE!

Consider both are V8 SRT-8s

If I was to ask you what exactly defines a muscle car? What would your response be? And would these two really fit that description?

Personally I place the Dodge Charger in the same category as I place Jap or Euro rear-wheel drive (sports/sporty) sedans. And if I were to categorize them I'd refer to them all as high-end family cars. The Charger in its basic spec doesn't really even belong in that category, as it doesn't meet the levels of refinement or HP that the Euro or Jap models offer. In its high performance spec however, the Charger is certainly impressive and would probably make the morning commute quite interesting; but when compared against offerings from the other manufacturers in their respective S, F, AMG or M versions it sits in the bottom half of that category

The only comparison where these two come ahead is if you consider their Dollar for HP value. Certainly in that type of comparison these cars stand out as clear winners.

Edited by Kavvz

The only comparison where these two come ahead is if you consider their Dollar for HP value. Certainly in that type of comparison these cars stand out as clear winners.

They would also be on the top of the list if you were looking for cheap plastic and crappy build quality ROFL. It's essentially a modified version of the Mercedes W210 E class platform that Chrysler inherited while they were a part of the Daimler-Chrysler group, isn't it?

@Kavvz- Long time no see.

Edited by madmax

They would also be on the top of the list if you were looking for cheap plastic and crappy build quality ROFL. It's essentially a modified version of the Mercedes W210 E class platform that Chrysler inherited while they were a part of the Daimler-Chrysler group, isn't it?

@Kavvz- Long time no see.

Yeap was a bit busy over the last couple of months- I see you've been busy too: Nice upgrade on the Beemer buddy! She's a beauty! :grinning-smiley-003:

If I was to ask you what exactly defines a muscle car? What would your response be? And would these two really fit that description?

Personally I place the Dodge Charger in the same category as I place Jap or Euro rear-wheel drive (sports/sporty) sedans. And if I were to categorize them I'd refer to them all as high-end family cars. The Charger in its basic spec doesn't really even belong in that category, as it doesn't meet the levels of refinement or HP that the Euro or Jap models offer. In its high performance spec however, the Charger is certainly impressive and would probably make the morning commute quite interesting; but when compared against offerings from the other manufacturers in their respective S, F, AMG or M versions it sits in the bottom half of that category

DUDE....All i asked was a simple little question???Charger or Challenger.

THIS IS MY RESPONSE........I don't wanna know the history behind a Mo-par! N' what you think about What considers a Muscle car. I know Dodge brand is a crappy brand. Obviously you don't know the difference b/w a jap/Euro and Muscle.These are str8 line cars, so please don't compare them to Euro/Japs.

Personally I prefer Euros/Japs over American. The only American car that i like(excluding exotic S7/Q1) is the Vett.

Edited by XAVIOR

THIS IS MY RESPONSE........I don't wanna know the history behind a Mo-par! N' what you think about What considers a Muscle car. I know Dodge brand is a crappy brand. Obviously you don't know the difference b/w a jap/Euro and Muscle.These are str8 line cars, so please don't compare them to Euro/Japs.

Personally I prefer Euros/Japs over American. The only American car that i like(excluding exotic S7/Q1) is the Vett.

Hmm... Alright:

1. My apologies if my answer was too detailed for you. [Do bear in mind though that if I do happen to expand on something or post a more detailed response; it could be because I want feedback and insight from other members.]

2. "In answer to your "simple little question???Charger or Challenger": Neither. I think the 2nd gen CTS-V is a better example of a high-powered American sedan

Edited by Kavvz

It's essentially a modified version of the Mercedes W210 E class platform that Chrysler inherited while they were a part of the Daimler-Chrysler group, isn't it?

Spot on. Apparently both these cars; the Charger and the Challenger, are built on essentially the same 1996 Merc derived Chrysler LX platform off a common assembly line :)

Edited by Kavvz

Dude chill. Go to Staten Island and have a Lion Larger! (I see you're in NYC), BTW how long have you been in NYC?

Edited by madmax

out of the both guess the challenger has the best looks and the meanest growl ... but when you look at the rest of the cars you can buy for the price of these guess the camaro and the 2010 mustang will give a challenger a run for its money ... personally i love the classic retro looks of the challenger .

• 1 year later...

Purely for looks I like the Challenger. However I think the Charger SRT8 is great value for money. Also I've read they are now greatly improved compared to when they were originally launched under Daimler.

The car I'm excited about though is the new SRT Viper. That's going to send so many back to the drawing board I feel.