• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Replacing Front Light Lenses

Hi Everyone,

I want your opinion on replacing the headlight lens on my 2007 Vitz (SCP90 - Pre facelift).  Sometime I ago, I bought this car as my first ride and all has been well, apart from the usual mechanical maintenance. Thing is when I bought the car, the lens of both the front light lens were yellowed out and with cracks. The previous owner had pasted one of those stickers which caused the hairline cracks to develop (Yes I know, should have looked out for a car with better looks, but at the time most of the cars I looked at had faded and disfigured front lights, so putting that factor apart I went for the most mechanically and structurally sound car so here I am)

Since I have sorted out almost all of the mechanical issues on my car, I thought of improving the looks since these yellowed headlight lenses dull the look to a great extent. Since there are hairline cracks, polishing is out of the equation and I need to replace these lenses. Even though there are cracks, both lights are structurally sound (no water leaks or condensation).

So I have several options and I'm listing them out one by one, let me know your thoughts on which I should go for.

1. There's a joint in Delkanda that will do both the lenses for 40K. They'll warrant the replacement for any leaks after the repair and will fix it for free if any leaks occur (6 months). The lens they use are brand new and seem to be better in quality to the ones available on Al*Exp****.

2. Another place said they'll do the repair for around 30k, (famous headlight cleaning joint in Pannipitiya) but they'll source the lenses from another used unit (that's hopefully in good condition)

3. There's lens available on Al*Exp**** for around 15-20k which I can bring down, but I cannot warrant on the quality of these, if it will fit perfectly and will have to find a place that will replace them. Even if I do, there's no guarantee on the work that will be done if anything goes wrong, these people will blame it on the lenses.

4. Replacing both headlight units cost 25k or more than the current amount mentioned above so it doesn't really make sense.

Any suggestions are mostly welcome and here's some photos of the lenses. 

TIA

lnes.jpeg

lens.jpeg