• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pajero Io Spare Parts

TURBOMAN

Hi guys,

After looooooong time..Hope evrything is fine..

Could you please tell me a place where i can buy recondition spare parts for Pajero io.

What i need is,

1.Rack ends 2.Tie rods 3.Ball joints 4.Stabilizing arm bushes 5.Front shock absorbers 6.Front Break pads

And pls tell me is it worth going for the agents for brandnew spares?

Need a rough estimation of the cost of brand new and recondition parts too..Tried to find,failed

Guys help me in this.

JDNET thnx for your effort..

Machan i think i had a missed call from you today. Anyway tried calling you a couple of times but no answer. The guy I asked didn't have them but the prices he estimated were about the same. Anyway since you are looking for reconditioned parts why don't you try calling shan? there's also one more place (the one I bought my high pressure pump) can't remember the name but I'll look it up and post it here. They were a lot cheaper than shan.

BTW the only reconditioned parts you can use are the ball joints. The rest is a bit too risky.

As for the shocks, I found the best price at taas when I installed mine a couple of months ago. Brake pads, make sure you take a sample. If you need the rears they should be a direct match to the minicab. The fronts are different.

Some parts will be about the same price at the agents but many will be a lot cheaper elsewhere. The shocks are blatantly overpriced at the agent and since they are just rebranded KYBs it wouldn't make much sense to pay extra.

Thanx JD,

That is really helpfull.ill look in those places and let you know.i heared a place call Jaya##ghe motors in Panchikawatthe.Owner said evrything is there.

Is it ok to match them with the chassis nomber?

Agents prices are crazy....Front shocks 64000/=,Brake pads 14000/= ha ha ha

Did you replace the pump?How much was it?

Machan could you please message me the contact numbers?

Edited by TURBOMAN

Thanx JD,

That is really helpfull.ill look in those places and let you know.i heared a place call Jaya##ghe motors in Panchikawatthe.Owner said evrything is there.

Is it ok to match them with the chassis nomber?

Agents prices are crazy....Front shocks 64000/=,Brake pads 14000/= ha ha ha

Did you replace the pump?How much was it?

Machan could you please message me the contact numbers?

Will look up the numbers and call you or message you tomorrow. Need to find the receipt and find the name of the place. The shocks cost a fraction of the agent price for all four at taas.

Matching the chassis number is the best way to get things done machan. BTW if you are buying plugs make sure you get the correct part number. Had one place convince me (I should have known better) that a difference in one letter would not mean anything. Ended up having to buy another four because they started misfiring.

Haven't been to the parts place you said but if they can match parts using your part number you should be fine. Also make sure you check prices at a few places before buying. You'd be surprized at the difference.

Here's the places I've been able to find parts from at:

Prageeth @panchi (make sure you take a sample if you are going here they will if they have the part it's relatively cheaper)

G.S. @panchi

Pala (pretty pricey since they get most of the stuff from united)

Taas @ hyde park (for shocks, bumper mounts, fluids etc.)

Also for filters (oil and air) There is this little shop in front of new rainbow they have the io specific filter (VIC, IIRC the part number is C-413. If you want I can go down to my garage and look at the part number for you. It costs something like 650) Also pala has the sakura oil filters which are like 350. Air filters were something like 1300 for the VIC. Prices should be about the same at almost any place though. The only problem is with people trying to sell stuff that doesn't match your car.

BTW when getting filters try to get the one designes for the io. It's small but sits a lot better on the mount. When I first took out the filter when I bought the IO it was a lot bigger and was barely sealed.

Here's another little bit of info. If someone tries to sell you a mitsubishi filter at some absurd price, do not buy it. Filters are disposable and need to be changed frequently. A decent brand will be up to par with OEM stuff. It's not like mitsubishi manufactures their own filters anyway....

Oh yeah and BTW the brakes cost 1200 each set for the front and rear. Can't remember the brand but it's the one in the yellow and blue packaging.

Wait, are you saying that the agent charges 14,000 for a brake pad that set that you can get for 2400?

Wait, are you saying that the agent charges 14,000 for a brake pad that set that you can get for 2400?

Well yes but I'm not sure who manufactures the OEM part. The brand I bought is pretty good. What I can say for certain is that the same KYB shocks which cost me about 16,000 for the front set at TAAS are the same KYBs that are repackaged and sold for 64,000 at the agent.

Edited by jdnet

Oh yeah and I think they qouted him 14,000 just for the fronts. Probably another 14k for the rears so it's 28000 vs 2400. Lol.

Thanx JD,thnx a lot,

Your a valuable asset in this forum and i appreciate the effort your taking to help others in a problem.

Machan,those prices from the agents are abserd when comparing to the other places and i dont think they have much of a proffesional expieriense as almost all the repairs are done by the trainees.

They are not correcting the problem(agents),they are just replacing the whole unit.Thats a good way of showing the profesionalism lol.

Thanx again.looking forward to hear more from you all.

Well the absurd prices at the agents is not really isolated to united. Actually in almost any corner of the world the prices at the agent would be more than the average market price.

What's funny is that for items like shocks there are only three manjor manufacturers in the world (KYB, Monroe and I think the last is gabriel) so basically most manufacturers would use shocks comming out from one of the big three companies (eg; KYB for jap and monroe for most American cars). So basically if you find out who makes the part for your car you can in fact buy the same product that hasn't been rebranded by your vehicle manufacturer for a lot cheaper.

As for united replacing the whole unit instead of repairing there is a good reason and it too is something you would see at any major repair shop.

1. Productivity

In most cases it takes less time to swap a part out for a new one than repair it.

2. Liability

As you can imagine there is a chance for something to go wrong with a repaired part. If you just install a new part all together, the liability would be shifted onto the part manufacturer rather than to the repair shop.

3. Profit

The agents make a big profit by repairing the vehicles with the parts they import. Since they service a lot of company owned vehicles, the price of the repair is less of an issue.

Also non-agent garages get special rates for parts and they get to keep the difference.

These points apply to most major garages in the world.

I wouldn't say united is too bad. From my experience they have been one of the better places. If you want to see bad you should buy a mazda and visit that agent. lol.

For your IO though, it would be a lot cheaper and equally effective to have the repair done elsewhere.

Edited by jdnet

Well your reasons for abserd pricing at agents are very true.I dont wanna blame them for that.

What you think of modifying the IO a bit?Have you done that?

I am thinking of a Snorkal,Jerry can and replacing little larger sized offroad tyres

Is it possible?

and machan have you ever seen a IO converted in to diesal?Just for the curiosity im asking?

it might be economical and better if its diesal

Those are my ideas only.What you guys think?

Modifying is fine and it's a personal preference thing. I like to leave my cars in stock condition.

As for the modifications that can be done, there are a few.

1. armadillo bumpers. Not sure of what the price would be.

2. Snorkell

3. Lift kit. Look around online. I think there is one Australian company manufacturing them and they cost $500 for the kit. IIRC it was a 3 inch lift.

As for the diesel thing. I've never seen one converted nor do I know if it is possible. Eitherway machan you are better off just doing the maintanence work on the engine rather than sticking a diesel in it. The GDI IO does pretty well on petrol, just make sure you have the correct plugs, a clean PCV and clean IAC and EGR. Also the air filter.

If you wanted to make this an offroader it would make for a good candidate due to its low weight and size.

Ah dude that will be great, I'll pm you my email address. Although I must say that the IO is probably one of the simplest cars I've had to work on. Wish the tribute was so simple. BTW machan make sure you get your PCV valve cleaned out or replaced.

Oh yeah and the pinnin is European market name for the IO. Looked at wikipedia and it seems that the cars that came out of the Pinninfarina factory in Italy were called the pinnin.