• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Some Opinons On How To Get To Katharagama....

Shock

I have a GPS folded in my glovebox... never failed me yet. Workls fine in any weather consition, sunny, cloudy, rainy... you name it. Uses no batteries and has never failed me yet. Its water proof also... :)

Bought it from Vijitha Yapa, Crescat.

Ripper and I took it on our Round the Country bike trip and even got the help from some SLDF fellas who took one look at the 'GPS' and told us how to go and where to go and what roads to avoid when we were not sure which path to take somehwere in Alampil.

Unless the OP is blind, illeterate, deaf and dumb, any monkey in Sri Lanka can find their way to Kataragama.

More than one way to go to Kataragama. :)

Dont know what the fuss is all about.. :)

Just my 10 Rupees... :)

• Like 2

I have a GPS folded in my glovebox... never failed me yet. Workls fine in any weather consition, sunny, cloudy, rainy... you name it. Uses no batteries and has never failed me yet. Its water proof also... :)

I have one of those too. Tho I'm not sure its waterproof. :unsure: And I have no wish to test it :lol:

Only problem is if I want to zoom in closer. And it doesn't tell me where I am. Which was quite handy after falling asleep on the bus and waking up with forest on either side. Quick consult of google maps said I was just approaching Dambulla and everything was fine :)

Only problem is if I want to zoom in closer. And it doesn't tell me where I am. Which was quite handy after falling asleep on the bus and waking up with forest on either side. Quick consult of google maps said I was just approaching Dambulla and everything was fine :)

Peri, I have that handy Folding GPS too, what normally i do is; just stop the vehicle,ask someone where you are right now and check your folded GPS (I like that name "Folded GPS" ), well, wont work at night; look at a one of those name boards in a shop nearby.

Peri, I have that handy Folding GPS too, what normally i do is; just stop the vehicle,ask someone where you are right now and check your folded GPS (I like that name "Folded GPS" ), well, wont work at night; look at a one of those name boards in a shop nearby.

You don't find people or shops when you wake up in the middle of a forest in my scenario :)

Ok , I am planing on a trip to Katharagama next week.

Thought of taking the E01 but coming back take the route via Welawaya - Balangoda , instead of the Udawalawe route. I think its a better drive along the mountains with some bends, than the boring Udawalawe. The only nice part is traveling along the park where you might spot few elephants in the distance.