• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Advice

rasithapr

Question

im planing to buy a suv used or new i was thinking about a cami or pagero io are these good or if not wht r u recomening

my budget is 2.3m or less what r my options this will b my first looking for a fual economy (desel is better) and parts and a bit of space and i live in nuwara eliya so it has to b good at climbing mountains without a prob .so what should u recomending

Edited by rasithapr

11 answers to this question

I don't think that you could find any diesel Cami or Pajero iO models, unless they have been converted with goodness knows what!

As for economy...it depends on what your expectation of km/pl is! However I doubt that either of these models would return anything beyond 11kmpl in hilly terrain.

As for hillclimbing abilities the iO which has an 1.8lt engine may have an edge over the Cami. Let the exprts tell you more. This is just my two cents!

Edited by CJ5

For that money, you can buy an old Palath Sabha Short Wheel base pajero, diesel. Workhorse and any baas can fix most issues.

Absolutely! The Palath Sabha models LWB and SWB (1st Gen. Pajero) are really solid stuff they keep going going and going and are basically evergreens and much much better than the Cami and iO, eventhough old.

Edited by CJ5
  • Like 1

im planing to buy a suv used or new i was thinking about a cami or pagero io are these good or if not wht r u recomening

my budget is 2.3m or less what r my options this will b my first looking for a fual economy (desel is better) and parts and a bit of space and i live in nuwara eliya so it has to b good at climbing mountains without a prob .so what should u recomending

Yes if fuel economy is on the list non of these will do more than 6kmpl in the hills

As VVTi said go for the palathsaba if you only have this budget

I would add an 32- Isuzu Trooper to that Pajero too. Probably need to look for a Pre-Bighorn model for your prices. But there were lots of both those vehicles bought down by SLPC and JEDB, so maybe a few out there waiting to be had.

You could also probably find a decent double cab.

Peri, the issue with the 32-troopers is that most of them were redone on that accursed Body Permit and cops are allergic to them. If you see a brand spanking new looking Trooper, you know that car has a cooked book... most of them anyway.

I would be very very cautious if I was ever offered a 32- vehicle.

Peri, the issue with the 32-troopers is that most of them were redone on that accursed Body Permit and cops are allergic to them. If you see a brand spanking new looking Trooper, you know that car has a cooked book... most of them anyway.

Very true. Deffa need to go in with the eyes open and check everything. But you can still get the older models, the round light ones with the two doors.

can this happen to old pajero's if so how can i chk if the book is the real thing??

can this happen to old pajero's if so how can i chk if the book is the real thing??

Of course, havent you notices the many 32-XXXX SWB (2-door) Pajeros (intercooler) when clearly they shouldnt be.. Those are all most likely old government SWB palath sabha pajeros (the number at least) that were auctioned off..

Of course, havent you notices the many 32-XXXX SWB (2-door) Pajeros (intercooler) when clearly they shouldnt be.. Those are all most likely old government SWB palath sabha pajeros (the number at least) that were auctioned off..

Yes there is a point there with the "intercooler model" but wouldn't that risk be less with a 1st gen. Paj SWB? There were many in govt service.

Edited by CJ5