• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Fit Aria Vs Honda Fit (2002)

chamath1

Question

Can someone please tell me which of these has more fuel economy?

When I'm saying Honda Fit it's the 2000-2004(first generation) edition.

BTW I prefer to get a manual geared one so if I wanted a Honda Fit from the first generation is there any Manual geared ones in SL?

I was thinking if there's a way if I bought an Auto geared one and convert it to manual. Is it possible in SL?

4 answers to this question

I was thinking if there's a way if I bought an Auto geared one and convert it to manual. Is it possible in SL?

Of course it's possible, it would be even better if you convert it to diesel, more fuel economy than a petrol , and also convert it from FWD to RWD, that way you will be spared of CV joint problems - no "kata kata" noise, and hey...try and get a 2 door or else convert the 4 doors to 2 doors the body is stronger on a 2 door, any makabaas in SL will do it for you.

Edited by CJ5
  • Like 2

Can someone please tell me which of these has more fuel economy?

When I'm saying Honda Fit it's the 2000-2004(first generation) edition.

BTW I prefer to get a manual geared one so if I wanted a Honda Fit from the first generation is there any Manual geared ones in SL?

There might be a manual if you try hard but honestly haven't seen one. If you want a manual try to look for a EK 3 manual which might be pretty easy to find and rather good on fuel. Converting a Fit to manual may not be your cup of tea my friend, if fuel conservation is your prime need.

I talked to several mechanics about that conversion from Auto to Manual. Seems like a pretty bad idea :P

EK3s are excellent vehicle except for the fact that the interior is always torn off everythime I try to buy one. Almost a year back I searched for a Vi which is the best option and ended up getting a SU14 which was very good but I'm still thinking of getting a welll maintained VI if I come across one.

I like the neat interior of the Fit but the only draw back is that it's always Auto Gear which I don't like cz it laks control compared to a manual geared car. Are there at least triptonic versions from the first generation?

Long time back i saw dark blue Honda Jazz (European version of Fit) up for sale which had manual transmission. that was like 5/6 years back. thats the only manual fit i have come across so far. I dont think Fit Aria comes with manual tranny either. but you can find the export variant of the same model which is Honda city with manual gear box. Fit Aria has a 7 speed triptronic variant as well. you can take one for a test drive and see. when you buy these cars make sure that the CVT box is taken care with proper maintenance. besides to that these are quite reliable cars.