• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Carina At192 - Whistling Noise From Engine Bay.

nadisha

Dear experts..!!

couple of days back my car started making a whistling sound. It was an on/off sound not constantly present. (But now has increased in frequency of occurrence.) It is present when at idle and while car is moving, Pitch of the sound increases with acceleration and when AC is on. Now most of the time it can be brought about by pushing the brake pedal - even when car is not moving, at parking position. I had the belts and brake pads replaced less than 5000km back. visually inspected all the vacuum lines for visible leaks - non could be found. Showed it to a mechanic and after some inspection he said it's a problem with the 'non-return valve' and ventilating hose and recommended to replace them. even after that the sound still persisting. Car indicators on the dash board does not indicate anything wrong.

What could be the fault ???? And can some one give me details of a good mechanic around kandy for me to show the car.

Details of the car - toyota carina AT 192, Automatic transmission, EFI

your valuable advises are highly appreciated..

Thanks,

Nadisha