• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 307

Madhawajaya

Question

Hi,

I'm planning to buy a Peugeot 307 , Year - 2007 D sign model car. Can you pls advice me on the

1.Avg fuel economy

2. Maintanance cost and spare parts availability.

3. Market value of the car and resale value.

Pls note it's a manual and 73,000Km on the clock. I saw this car and I realy like this car, but I'm bit clueless about this because currently I,m driving a Jap car and I want ti use this car daily without much trouble.

2 answers to this question

I used to have a 2001 307. The worst car i ever used. Most of the things were electronically controlled. Like the accelerator, hydro electric power steering etc. I replaced almost all electronic parts in that car. Had a lot of trouble finding a power steering pump. it had a problem of next to nothing power below 2000RPM and never could find a fix. On the plus side the car was very comfortable for a hatchback and had a smooth ride. I heard the ones manufactured after 2004 were of better quality. I'm not trying to shy you away from a Peugeot. Just my two cents because your used to Jap cars. The 206 i had prior to that was solid.Just the occasional oil leak from the auto gearbox.

I used to have a 2001 307. The worst car i ever used. Most of the things were electronically controlled. Like the accelerator, hydro electric power steering etc. I replaced almost all electronic parts in that car. Had a lot of trouble finding a power steering pump. it had a problem of next to nothing power below 2000RPM and never could find a fix. On the plus side the car was very comfortable for a hatchback and had a smooth ride. I heard the ones manufactured after 2004 were of better quality. I'm not trying to shy you away from a Peugeot. Just my two cents because your used to Jap cars. The 206 i had prior to that was solid.Just the occasional oil leak from the auto gearbox.

Thanks a lot for your valuable advise. I got the same information about the electronic issues of the 307 from a mechanic. I will keep this in mind.