• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

International Motor Race Track In Sri-lanka - Is This For Real

jterminator

http://www.autolanka.com/Article_read.asp?article_id=125

Out of jokes, if this is for real, won't they need another propper highway to connect Hambantota to Colombo for propper development and faster transportation for something as big as this to work out? (Might also help with the proposed Commericial harbor :rolleyes: )

So its probably 160 miles from Colombo to Hambantota. Right now (my vague memory) it takes around 6 - 7 hours to get there right? So if there's a highway, that's like 160miles / 60mph = which is around 2.5 hours. Much more acceptable than 6-7 hours i guess. And for those Forced Induced supercars out there, it'll be around 1.5 hours of fun outrunning the cops on a beautiful coastal highway at a brisk 110mph - YUMMY (I believe that translates to 180kmph roughly)

oh well, wishful thinking...

Thoughts / Comments?

http://www.autolanka.com/Article_read.asp?article_id=125

Out of jokes, if this is for real, won't they need another propper highway to connect Hambantota to Colombo for propper development and faster transportation for something as big as this to work out? (Might also help with the proposed Commericial harbor ;) )

So its probably 160 miles from Colombo to Hambantota. Right now (my vague memory) it takes around 6 - 7 hours to get there right? So if there's a highway, that's like 160miles / 60mph = which is around 2.5 hours. Much more acceptable than 6-7 hours i guess. And for those Forced Induced supercars out there, it'll be around 1.5 hours of fun outrunning the cops on a beautiful coastal highway at a brisk 110mph - YUMMY (I believe that translates to 180kmph roughly)

oh well, wishful thinking...

Thoughts / Comments?

outta joke... Can we expect another 2 lane HIGH WAY (the Sri Lankan way), if this works out... :rolleyes:

Perfect time to build a race track I must say. While the economy is reeling from severe mismanagement - despite the CB figures of 7% growth!!!!!!! ;) , fuel prices are driving up inflation, trying to start a war that we cannot afford and have failed in for 20 years, and not a single highway being constructed - even the most simple airport expressway which has been on pause since 10 years ago :rolleyes: .

So yeah the timing is PERFECT!! ;)