• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Oil on Spark Plugs after replacing Head Gasket - Kia Picanto 2005

Iroshw

Question

Hi,

I have a Kia Picanto 2005 using since 2017, had minor issues until last month. 

Recently had to replace head gasket but did not change the Pistons and Rings. After a couple of days noticed a vibration specially when the car is idle and the performance is poor (not accelerating) also the engine light is blinking. 

And noticed a few oil drops on the floor. The leak is near the Dipstick, never had an oil leak before. 

One of my friends removed the plugs and noticed oil on them. He cleaned using Carb cleaner and put the plugs back and started. The engine light was gone, vibration gone and performance back to normal. But the oil leak did not stop. 

After a couple of days the same issue, not accelerating, engine light blinking, oil on plugs and the leak is as usual. 

Took the vehicle to the same garage where I did the gasket replacement. Now they says need to do an engine overhaul to fix the issue. This car has done nearly 160k. 

When I told this to my friends some suggested to use an additive like LUCAS STOP LEAK, and another suggested to replace the Gasket Valve Cover and the O-Rings which cover the Plugs, another said the time has come to replace the car or the engine :)

Guys, please advise. 

Edited by Iroshw

1 answer to this question

Hello Iroshw,

Sad to hear your story!

Hope you or your mate who removed the plug replaced the head gasket? Best to consult the tech who had replaced the head gasket and explain the situation.

N.B. I have noticed you looking to top up with the Lucas Stop leak, to me, it is a waste of money but it it's your choice.

regards

JC.

• Like 1