• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rim Upgrade Guide

Hola

Hey folks,

This is correct as I had stated earlier to you Hola but my only change would be we go with a 55 profile as opposed to 60 and go for a slightly different offset to compensate. Ride will be the same.

Cheers, Porky

My boss has a kia with 15" and 185/50. He spoiled his suspension and had to replace the front one and the wheels are on blame for it. These get me worried....And his personal expereince is thats very uncomfy

My boss has a kia with 15" and 185/50. He spoiled his suspension and had to replace the front one and the wheels are on blame for it. These get me worried....And his personal expereince is thats very uncomfy

He should have never run 50s on it and its a KIA, korean crap, sorry I am prejudiced against korean build quality. Yours is a Jap Honda, build quality is 200% better. Also he ran 50s which is dumbass and on 185 which are thin as hell. Lastly we have no idea what his rims were like, if he got them from crappy Dehiwala joint, what the offset was, where the wheels were aligned and balanced (there's only one good place in Sri Lanka BTW)?

All these my dear friend come into play, I would suggest something for your car if I knew it would mess it up. I only make a suggestion based on experience, and I have done many changes to my suspension, toe and camber and rims n tyres to know what is good and what is not.

In the end it is your choice I will help you regardless.

Cheers, Porky

He should have never run 50s on it and its a KIA, korean crap, sorry I am prejudiced against korean build quality. Yours is a Jap Honda, build quality is 200% better. Also he ran 50s which is dumbass and on 185 which are thin as hell. Lastly we have no idea what his rims were like, if he got them from crappy Dehiwala joint, what the offset was, where the wheels were aligned and balanced (there's only one good place in Sri Lanka BTW)?

All these my dear friend come into play, I would suggest something for your car if I knew it would mess it up. I only make a suggestion based on experience, and I have done many changes to my suspension, toe and camber and rims n tyres to know what is good and what is not.

Cheers, Porky

Hey, arent you suppose to now....... :action-smiley-060:

I think i can go upto 60 right? That way i wont lose my comfort and suspension. See the chart on the link

All these my dear friend come into play, I would NOT suggest something for your car if I knew it would mess it up. I only make a suggestion based on experience, and I have done many changes to my suspension, toe and camber and rims n tyres to know what is good and what is not.

Cheers, Porky

I d assume that was what ya meant to say... lmao.. it got me heart ticking faster with that sentence lolz...

@ hola - basic physics.. use more rubber get more protection from shocks.. eh that would seem doubled-meaning nah.. nevertheless.. the comfort only varies when the shock has to do all the hard work instead of the rubber as a result of low profile tyres.. so switching rims would NOT be a problem, as long as you have appropriate profiled tyres to take in a few potholes...

Zz