• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cbr Side Panels

Velocity

guys,

the Yamaha R1 has a 900cc engine right?

how can you import that.. isnt there a law saying you cant go over 250?

i'm not very familiar on bikes and the laws governing them here. cos i have seen the red R1 on the road once, and i've seen a picture of a blue one... and recently on the news or something they showed a press coference by yamaha where they had a R1 there... so thats 3 bikes in SL....

so can someone explani the scene a bit.

thanks

:)

the R1 is a 998CC...the restriction on bikes is that ur not allowd to use those wit a capacity above 350CC on public roads...ppl bring these bikes down n register them as a 250CC but if ur pulled up by a cop on suspicion dat it is above the limit...ur screwd...trust me it isnt hard to differentiate a 250CC bike frm a 1000CC bike simply by size...

u r howevr allowd to import these bikes for track use...

the R1 is a 998CC...the restriction on bikes is that ur not allowd to use those wit a capacity above 350CC on public roads...ppl bring these bikes down n register them as a 250CC but if ur pulled up by a cop on suspicion dat it is above the limit...ur screwd...trust me it isnt hard to differentiate a 250CC bike frm a 1000CC bike simply by size...

u r howevr allowd to import these bikes for track use...

i though anything more than 250cc was not allowed.

Parts Painted. Still to fresh fix on the bike as the paint has not dried.

cbr400panellower01wl4la.jpg

cbr400paneltop01wl9gj.jpg

what a coinsidence....

today i was typing about yamahas and in the night at about 7.50pm i had just come out of a class on galel road near dickmons road, and i saw this yamaha transport truck goign by.. it had 3 bikes on it 2 on the lower deck and 1 ont he upper.. the ones on the lower deck were those harley davidson type things.. (they're called tourers right?).. and ont he top dech was a silver R1. it was covered with a canvas cos it wa raining, but the wind was blowing it up and i saw the bike.. looks amazing (no suprise)!! :)

btw, i dont own a bike right now... what'll hapen if you are flagged down by cops on the roads in a over-capacity bike... do they arrest you or are you let out with a warning? just curious :action-smiley-060:

what a coinsidence....

today i was typing about yamahas and in the night at about 7.50pm i had just come out of a class on galel road near dickmons road, and i saw this yamaha transport truck goign by.. it had 3 bikes on it 2 on the lower deck and 1 ont he upper.. the ones on the lower deck were those harley davidson type things.. (they're called tourers right?).. and ont he top dech was a silver R1. it was covered with a canvas cos it wa raining, but the wind was blowing it up and i saw the bike.. looks amazing (no suprise)!! :)

btw, i dont own a bike right now... what'll hapen if you are flagged down by cops on the roads in a over-capacity bike... do they arrest you or are you let out with a warning? just curious :)

Dilesh i think you are speaking of the bikes which were at A*W showroom.

I am seriously not sure what cops will do if they find over capacity bike. Its always better to be on the legal side of cos if not you have to call the top people to clear the bike.

Buy a 250 RR Fireblade or a Gullarm. I am telling you its some serious fun under legal limits.

A bike would cost around 325,000 UNREG

Dilesh i think you are speaking of the bikes which were at A*W showroom.

I am seriously not sure what cops will do if they find over capacity bike. Its always better to be on the legal side of cos if not you have to call the top people to clear the bike.

Buy a 250 RR Fireblade or a Gullarm. I am telling you its some serious fun under legal limits.

A bike would cost around 325,000 UNREG

thanks...

having just entered the feild of 'employment' i need to collect some cahs to buy a bike.. cos my father sure wont buy me one... he doesnt even let me ride motorcycles....biggrin.gif but still, i LOVE bikes...

how much would a R1 cost.. the one in the clasified is 550,000... but how much will it be brand new?

thanks...

having just entered the feild of 'employment' i need to collect some cahs to buy a bike.. cos my father sure wont buy me one... he doesnt even let me ride motorcycles....:) but still, i LOVE bikes...

dilesh even same here, none of my family members knows that i have 2 bikes in my possesion,

i always loved bikes, but had never ridden one. but its just awesome and any person in his life time should own a fast bike i guess. it gives a unlimited thrill.

all best on your JOB.

thanks...

having just entered the feild of 'employment' i need to collect some cahs to buy a bike.. cos my father sure wont buy me one... he doesnt even let me ride motorcycles....biggrin.gif but still, i LOVE bikes...

how much would a R1 cost.. the one in the clasified is 550,000... but how much will it be brand new?

I think its more than USD 10,000 in states.

You can even get the R1 in Singapore,

check www.mah.com.sg

they are the agents for honda / yamaha and aprila agents in singapore,

hey guys,i own a CBR929RR & dimantha u can come c it if u like to. ##### it is illegal u guys may b knowing about da bikes taken from dehiwala all of those bikes r owned by my friends,some of them still cant afford to buy a new one becoz they lost half of their life savings,dimantha if u need any help about bikes let me know,i got alot of contacts in da bike field & i would like to help a bigginer my mobile is 0785124964

Edited by MADZ